• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Bush Jr. was a bad President.

Arch Enemy

Familiaist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
George Bush Jr. like many Presidents before him, including Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter, was a bad President.
Hear me out, I am not talking about platforms, ideologies, directives or actions, I am merely talking about the ability of the President to carry the bannister. When George W. Bush became President of the United States he was no longer George W. Bush, son of Barbara and George Bush, he became President Bush-- the current representative of a lineage plagued with promiscuity, dirty-dealings, unethical practices, and the most lethal back-hand known to man. The measure of one's Presidency has more to do with the measure of how they carried the title President, as soon as a President is inaugurated they become the anthropomorphic form of the “dark-side” of success; as success in modernity is not who you can work with, as much as who you can screw (of course there are always exceptions). We as Americans are fortunate to be a highly successful nation, and we are also fortunate to be able to channel the blame and the dirty-baggage to our Commander in chief, and occasionally congress but they are just not as fun to watch.
President Bush had a chance to finish his Presidency strong, without allowing the world to cave his chest in. However when it was his time for his skirt to fly up, Monroe style, people saw what every President for the past century, or two, had been doing. Instead of smacking-faces, gasping, and re-arranging his attire, Bush took it, and denied any and everything that was apparent. He appeared to no longer care about his legacy, and he just wanted to gtfo. He did not fall prey to a victim of failed policy, but as a victim of loneliness.
I don't blame him. If 7 out of 10 people in my class commented on how bad of a student I was, then I would not want to show up the next day to class. If 3 out of the 10 who approved were also bashing me on the side, and plotting the next group activity without my influence, I would be there, standing in the vent with a red-face.

Other than Nixon's horrible tendency towards breaking and entering I think he really was a pretty decent President. He stood up to OPEC took us off the silver standard and created the EPA as well as opened relations with China.

Frankly, who gives a rat's ass whether George W. Bush was a good or bad President, except some pimply, pasty, can't-get-a-date-on-Friday-night historians?

I'm more concerned about the abysmal failure-in-chief we have right now, and his tinker toy boy Tiny Tim Geithner (who really REALLY needs that 1-800-IDEAS hot line SNL suggested)

Frankly, who gives a rat's ass whether George W. Bush was a good or bad President, except some pimply, pasty, can't-get-a-date-on-Friday-night historians?

Oh good. You are against historical interpretation-- noted.

Oh gosh, POOr George. He was not only a bad president but incomparison with People like Carter, George was a night mare. Carter wanted an end to war, and death. George promoted greed, war and death.

I did not vote for Carter the second time, I at least understood his motives.

Bush just like BLOOD, as it flowed from People.

Bush may have been a bad president, but he wasn't always bad. If he hadn't been brought into the dark side, represented by the Neocons, he would have been a decent president. Before he went to the side of the Neocons, Bush was a pragmatist, and a pretty decent politician, as far as politicians go.

Other than Nixon's horrible tendency towards breaking and entering I think he really was a pretty decent President. He stood up to OPEC took us off the silver standard and created the EPA as well as opened relations with China.

He also gave us an honorable end in Vietnam.

Nixon was NOT involved in the "breaking and entering", we was GUILTY of attempting to cover it up for his "friends."

What happened at Watergate was irrelevant in the extreme and totally unnecessary considering the election results. Unfortunately Nixon's loyalty to those who supported him got the best of him.

Bush is hardly a bad or the worst President and as history unfolds, we will see his efforts in the ME and strategy were prophetic.

George Bush Jr. like many Presidents before him, including Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter, was a bad President.
Hear me out, I am not talking about platforms, ideologies, directives or actions, I am merely talking about the ability of the President to carry the bannister. When George W. Bush became President of the United States he was no longer George W. Bush, son of Barbara and George Bush, he became President Bush-- the current representative of a lineage plagued with promiscuity, dirty-dealings, unethical practices, and the most lethal back-hand known to man. The measure of one's Presidency has more to do with the measure of how they carried the title President, as soon as a President is inaugurated they become the anthropomorphic form of the “dark-side” of success; as success in modernity is not who you can work with, as much as who you can screw (of course there are always exceptions). We as Americans are fortunate to be a highly successful nation, and we are also fortunate to be able to channel the blame and the dirty-baggage to our Commander in chief, and occasionally congress but they are just not as fun to watch.
President Bush had a chance to finish his Presidency strong, without allowing the world to cave his chest in. However when it was his time for his skirt to fly up, Monroe style, people saw what every President for the past century, or two, had been doing. Instead of smacking-faces, gasping, and re-arranging his attire, Bush took it, and denied any and everything that was apparent. He appeared to no longer care about his legacy, and he just wanted to gtfo. He did not fall prey to a victim of failed policy, but as a victim of loneliness.
I don't blame him. If 7 out of 10 people in my class commented on how bad of a student I was, then I would not want to show up the next day to class. If 3 out of the 10 who approved were also bashing me on the side, and plotting the next group activity without my influence, I would be there, standing in the vent with a red-face.

This makes no sense to me; are you saying that Bush didn't defend himself and his policies with enough vigor?

Oh gosh, POOr George. He was not only a bad president but incomparison with People like Carter, George was a night mare. Carter wanted an end to war, and death. George promoted greed, war and death.

I did not vote for Carter the second time, I at least understood his motives.

Bush just like BLOOD, as it flowed from People.

I did a FACT check here and couldn't find any. :2wave:

Bush may have been a bad president, but he wasn't always bad. If he hadn't been brought into the dark side, represented by the Neocons, he would have been a decent president. Before he went to the side of the Neocons, Bush was a pragmatist, and a pretty decent politician, as far as politicians go.

How absurd; the only way anyone can follow this line of illogical nonsense is for one to believe that there is a uniform definition of "NEOCON", which doesn't exist, and to claim that the previous administration and many Democrats in the Senate and Congress were all NEOCONS as well.

What Historians will make note of about Bush’s leadership qualities was that even in the face of intense and misguided criticism, he still held his hand out to those who backstabbed him and never attempted to impugn them or insult them with the same level of demagoguery they showed towards him; Ted (the drunk) Kennedy would be example number one, Clinton (the philanderer “I didn’t have sexual relations) number two.

Carry on.

How absurd; the only way anyone can follow this line of illogical nonsense is for one to believe that there is a uniform definition of "NEOCON", which doesn't exist, and to claim that the previous administration and many Democrats in the Senate and Congress were all NEOCONS as well.

What Historians will make note of about Bush’s leadership qualities was that even in the face of intense and misguided criticism, he still held his hand out to those who backstabbed him and never attempted to impugn them or insult them with the same level of demagoguery they showed towards him; Ted (the drunk) Kennedy would be example number one, Clinton (the philanderer “I didn’t have sexual relations) number two.

Carry on.

Neocon - A Liberal that has been mugged by reality.

I didn't make that up either. William Kristol himself made that definition.

Yeah I was like..."uh, huh? wait...what? no...seriously?"

:rofl that's exactly what I said. I'm reading it and going 'Yeah....Bush...bad...okay....uh huh....wait....blood? Let me put this sandwich down'.....I had to read it twice just to make sure I got it right.

If 7 out of 10 people in my class commented on how bad of a student I was, then I would not want to show up the next day to class. If 3 out of the 10 who approved were also bashing me on the side, and plotting the next group activity without my influence, I would be there, standing in the vent with a red-face.

You place too much value in what other people think of you. Do whats right. Do the best you can. No one can see what you are dealing with until they stand in your shoes. Stop looking to others for validation.

Neocon - A Liberal that has been mugged by reality.

I didn't make that up either. William Kristol himself made that definition.

You mean Irving Kristol.

Also, that "definition" was more humor than a definition from Irving's account, if you would finish the quote....

Last edited:
Good and Bad are subjective. Bush was our president. He is no longer our president. It's over.

Paleoconservatives responding to the Presidency of George W. Bush. Also known as :spin:

One interpretation of the George W. Bush administration, but hardly the last.:2wave:

Paleoconservatives responding to the Presidency of George W. Bush. Also known as :spin:

One interpretation of the George W. Bush administration, but hardly the last.:2wave:
Well this certainly is a thread full of opinions, I'm glad you're up to speed now.

Back
Top Bottom