• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Bush is one example of why Christianity is an evil faith.

Channe79

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This man lied, LIED, to the world and invaded a sovereign nation which resulted in the murder of over one million innocent Iraqis.
But because he believes Jesus died for his sins, he goes to Heaven.
But the Iraqis he murdered are all in hell because most were in Muslim.
To hell with Christianity and the doctrines it preaches.

This man lied, LIED, to the world and invaded a sovereign nation which resulted in the murder of over one million innocent Iraqis.
Most religions think they are great and all the others suck.

Your thread title makes it sound like George W. Bush and his "war of terror" are the sole reason why Christianity sucks.

There are many more examples in the Bible alone. Broaden your net.

Your thread title makes it sound like George W. Bush and his "war of terror" are the sole reason why Christianity sucks.

There are many more examples in the Bible alone. Broaden your net.

To me, the idea that God sees no differences in sin and that one need only believe Jesus died to get to Heaven is about as immoral as it gets. Christianity allows George Bush to do what he did with a clear conscience. In Islam and Judaism you are judged on your works and faith, at least.

To me, the idea that God sees no differences in sin and that one need only believe Jesus died to get to Heaven is about as immoral as it gets. Christianity allows George Bush to do what he did with a clear conscience. In Islam and Judaism you are judged on your works and faith, at least.

If you're an atheist, your posts suggest some very strange ideas about morality.

If I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to claim the moral high ground. :)

Nah, it happened long before Bush came into existence...go back centuries to when the rulers of the Church adopted/imitated/sanctioned the existing pagan rites and customs, as well as the man-made philosophies of the so-called educated class....

If you're an atheist, your posts suggest some very strange ideas about morality.

If I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to claim the moral high ground. :)

Posts like this don't really do me any good because it's not substantive.
What position are you taking ?

Posts like this don't really do me any good because it's not substantive.
What position are you taking ?

No need for the "la la la can't hear you" game. You are free to read what I said--or not. Just as I am free to call you out on it. ;)

No need for the "la la la can't hear you" game. You are free to read what I said--or not. Just as I am free to call you out on it. ;)

At least site an example that expands on your post.

Oh, goodie!

It's another "I hate Christianity" thread!

Just what we ****in' needed.

Not that I would ever defend the utter stupidity that is Christianity, but I'm pretty sure that not all Christians believe you can go to heaven simply because you believe Jesus died for your sins.

I am pretty sure Romans 6 applies here.

Not that I would ever defend the utter stupidity that is Christianity, but I'm pretty sure that not all Christians believe you can go to heaven simply because you believe Jesus died for your sins.

The faith itself teaches that you can't get to Heaven by works, but only by faith.
Bush goes to Heaven when he dies if he believes Jesus died for his sins.

Only a truly perverted mind would take forgiveness and turn it into something wrong.

Only a truly perverted mind would take forgiveness and turn it into something wrong.

Only a truly perverted mind would condition forgiveness on what someone believes at the moment of death, especially on bad evidence.

The faith itself teaches that you can't get to Heaven by works, but only by faith.
Bush goes to Heaven when he dies if he believes Jesus died for his sins.

By works ALONE. There are plenty of Christians who believe you can't get into heaven by belief alone either.

GWB is not going to heaven.

GWB is not going to heaven.

If he doesn't get into heaven he'll be with the mindless gaggle of stiff-necked, Hell-bound liberals and others who have kicked Christ to the curb.

Only a truly perverted mind would condition forgiveness on what someone believes at the moment of death, especially on bad evidence.
Someone being forgiven really seems to bother you.

Someone being forgiven really seems to bother you.

That's a spastically ridiculous reaction to my comment. But it does seem to bother Christians, given their believe that 3/4 of the worlds population doesn't deserve it.

That's a spastically ridiculous reaction to my comment. But it does seem to bother Christians, given their believe that 3/4 of the worlds population doesn't deserve it.
lol...NO one deserves it...that is why it's called "undeserved kindness"...

There there.

Back
Top Bottom