• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Bush Delights Democrats, Infuriates MAGA World With Veiled Jan. 6, 9/11 Comparison

DataPoint

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
POLITICS

George Bush Delights Democrats, Infuriates MAGA World With Veiled Jan. 6, 9/11 Comparison​

BY CHRISTINA ZHAO ON 9/11/21 AT 9:33 PM EDT

Enemies foreign and domestic. Of course, the Taliban and the January 6th insurgents are comparable.

The GOP will be eating this for at least the next five elections.

POLITICS

George Bush Delights Democrats, Infuriates MAGA World With Veiled Jan. 6, 9/11 Comparison​

BY CHRISTINA ZHAO ON 9/11/21 AT 9:33 PM EDT

Enemies foreign and domestic. Of course, the Taliban and the January 6th insurgents are comparable.

The GOP will be eating this for at least the next five elections.

GWB spoke the truth and gotta give him props 👏

That's my guy.

Am I gonna have to wait long for someone to claim I never supported Bush before? Fine, I'll wait. Dramatic value exists. And I guess I wouldn't really be proving myself right if no one claims I'm lying. I have a comparison to Obama ready and everything. Just so you know.

Biden and Bush Urge Unity as Nation Remembers Sept. 11

WASHINGTON — As they traveled the country laying wreaths, strolling through crash sites in pastoral meadows and comforting families whose wounds are ripped open anew each year, two living presidents used the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks to urge Americans to come together in an effort to weather deep political and cultural divisions.

Quote:
Their appearances seemed like book ends to a 20-year story of tragedy and division prompted by an unthinkable terrorist attack. But both of their remarks, solemn and laced with pleading, hinted that the next harrowing chapter of America’s future was still being written.

“Are we going to, in the next four, five, six, 10 years, demonstrate that democracies can work, or not?” Mr. Biden asked reporters gathered outside Shanksville. “We actually can, in fact, lead by the example of our power again.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bi...tories&pc=U531

While I consider Bush 43 one of the worst Presidents, it was refreshing to see someone comment on extremism both domestic and foreign.

And of course MAGA is all upset about it, they are the biggest domestic problem that we face.

George W. Bush was always a puppet of the Cheneys.... :rolleyes:

I don't think politicizing a somber event is going to age well with the Cheneys, the Bushes, and the rest of his clowncar.

He should feel deeply ashamed for using a monumental 20th anniversary, a national day of mourning to further divide the country.

But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit, and it is our duty to confront them."

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

While I consider Bush 43 one of the worst Presidents, it was refreshing to see someone comment on extremism both domestic and foreign.

And of course MAGA is all upset about it, they are the biggest domestic problem that we face.
There was always a strange disconnect between Bush and the people around him. They were not people he had previously known. They didn't have the same political beliefs. The never worked in high positions with Papa Bush. They were not in the same social circle. They lied to the public, were aggressive, abusive, ignored the public's wishes and wanted war with Iran (not Iraq). They had nothing in common with George and Laura who were, and still are, low key, modest, good hearted people. The fact that Barbara Bush hated that bunch was significant.

Bush was in over his head as president and I always thought some sinister pac picked him out for that very quality.

Bush wasn’t a good president, but he is a good person.

George W. Bush was always a puppet of the Cheneys.... :rolleyes:

I don't think politicizing a somber event is going to age well with the Cheneys, the Bushes, and the rest of his clowncar.

He should feel deeply ashamed for using a monumental 20th anniversary, a national day of mourning to further divide the country.
Name one thing your orange hero hasn’t politicized? The fact that you see condemning domestic terrorism as divisive is pretty disturbing.

But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit, and it is our duty to confront them."

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
^^^^ word ^^^^^

Name one thing your orange hero hasn’t politicized? The fact that you see condemning domestic terrorism as divisive is pretty disturbing.

I stopped reading at the above.

George W. Bush was always a puppet of the Cheneys.... I don't think politicizing a somber event is going to age well with the Cheneys, the Bushes, and the rest of his clowncar. He should feel deeply ashamed for using a monumental 20th anniversary, a national day of mourning to further divide the country.
I doubt BushII's speech further divides the country. The MAGA/ tRumpers are as bitterly dug in as we have ever had. If the MAGAs resort to another rebellion attempt it won't be because BushII spoke the truth... :cautious:

I doubt one eyebrow is raised on the Cheney, or Bush faces... ✌️

Personally I have never found Dubya to be the "pure evil" hardcore conservative that Cheney was. I think sans Cheney he might have been an OK president.

The reality of his two terms is that it was a way to get unelectable Cheney to run the country from the shadows. When dubya asserted more control in his second term, he showed himself to be a competent leader.

It's mindblowing to me that anyone could be convinced of Trump's competency. It's simply delusional to call any of Trump's administration "competent".

I just came here to watch the right turn on GWB.

Back
Top Bottom