• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Genuine Yetis Found in NW!

NWRatCon

Eco**Social Marketeer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
People in Alaska and as far south as Seattle have spotted as many as hundreds Yetis in the wild. Many have even taken them home. One man claims to have rescued 19. Scientists believe that unusual weather is responsible for this phenomenon and expect many more to be discovered as they track the new discoveries all across the Northwest.

Yes, these are real. People are surprised and delighted with these discoveries. Dozens of people have posted photos with the Yetis they have found. The Yetis mostly seem to be in very good condition, considering what they've gone through, although some show signs of trauma.

Last edited:
Has MTG been in the area?

;)

People in Alaska and as far south as Seattle have spotted as many as hundreds Yetis in the wild. Many have even taken them home. One man claims to have rescued 19. Scientists believe that unusual weather is responsible for this phenomenon and expect many more to be discovered as they track the new discoveries all across the Northwest.

Yes, these are real. People are surprised and delighted with these discoveries. Dozens of people have posted photos with the Yetis they have found. The Yetis mostly seem to be in very good condition, considering what they've gone through, although some show signs of trauma.
Cool! er.

I'm always thrilled when I see such reports in reputable media.

I'm always thrilled when I see such reports in reputable media.
There seems to be a rash of this kind of thing lately, containers being lost over the side on that bit of ocean. And it sure seemed to us, on the island we live on, that the storm season was worse last winter.
That's part of the reason we're hiding out in Mexico this winter.

Apparently, the first reports of sightings spotted a flurry of amateurs flocking to the area. One local even took to the air and has reportedly seen dozens.

There seems to be a rash of this kind of thing lately, containers being lost over the side on that bit of ocean. And it sure seemed to us, on the island we live on, that the storm season was worse last winter.
It's better than it used to be. When I lived there, it was human feet washing up.

So they are real. I knew it.
I was skeptical too! And then I saw that it has even been reported in the WSJ, and confirmed by actual scientists. There were two reports of sightings in Hawaii, although scientists have largely refuted those claims, as they are contrary to established migration patterns, believing them to be related to them being directly transported there and abandoned, rather than part of the group identified in the Northwest.

It's better than it used to be. When I lived there, it was human feet washing up.
Yeah, what happened to that? They were coming ashore all over the place, one not far from where we live.

Actually, it's been calmer than last year so far. We are in a freeze right now at sea level, so the mountains are deep with powder; it's been raining since October.

But we've been spared the winds that did so much damage last year. So far. And there's been no flooding

I definitely would not want to live on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, but I would give anything to be able to standing on the shore of Ucuelet as a major storm blows in!

I definitely would not want to live on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, but I would give anything to be able to standing on the shore of Ucuelet as a major storm blows in!
I love watching the storms entering Uclulet! That really gives you a feeling for how powerful (and not pacific) the Pacific can be! Sadly, I haven't been in a decade.

I saw this on CNN, it's real!!

Yetis everywhere, some people reported to have saved several at a time.

I love watching the storms entering Uclulet! That really gives you a feeling for how powerful (and not pacific) the Pacific can be! Sadly, I haven't been in a decade.

There are two points in my area where you really feel the "godness" in the terrain or weather. Ucluelet through Tofino (and even inland at Port Alberni at the end of that long inlet..when waves hit that channel they get 30 40 meters high).

The other is atop Sky Pilot a medium height pyramidal mountain peak a days hike in behind Britannia Beach. It is a bitch to climb, not high but tricky and you have bare rock for the last 300 meters. It's a three day climb.

It is 'godly' because on a clear day you can see planes taking off from Vancouver International 200 kilometer south. There are no trees or even big bushes on the last 200 meters up, all bare rock and you can see everything 360 degrees. We liked it so much we stayed two nights.

It's nickname is 'the widow maker' but it's an unearned title, no one has ever died climbing it

Actually, it's been calmer than last year so far. We are in a freeze right now at sea level, so the mountains are deep with powder; it's been raining since October.

But we've been spared the winds that did so much damage last year. So far. And there's been no flooding

We looked at Bamfield on the west side of the big island, a long drive down logging roads from Port Alberni but we settled on Texada Island. Even inside, in the Gulf of Georgia, the storm season was impressive. I had to chainsaw our way out the driveway one morning, a ten inch alder came down across it. Seemed colder than usual too, our woodpile seemed to evaporate.
We found that AirBnB in Mexico is pretty cheap when you book it months at a time and we don't have rent or mortgage at home so we might just hide from winters down here from now on.

Yeti's are a quality product. But they are too expensive for me. Maybe I'll go up there and try to hunt one down this summer.

Maybe I'll go up there and try to hunt one down this summer.
OMG! I can't believe you'd actually hunt them. They're so rare! Scientists have said there were only 1600 of them!

We looked at Bamfield on the west side of the big island, a long drive down logging roads from Port Alberni but we settled on Texada Island. Even inside, in the Gulf of Georgia, the storm season was impressive. I had to chainsaw our way out the driveway one morning, a ten inch alder came down across it. Seemed colder than usual too, our woodpile seemed to evaporate.
We found that AirBnB in Mexico is pretty cheap when you book it months at a time and we don't have rent or mortgage at home so we might just hide from winters down here from now on.

I should have figured you were a Texada Island kind of guy. By the end of the last century Texada was the international HQ of pot growing. We still have some of those strains around. I may be mistaken but I think "Northern Lights" was bred there. Awesome weed!

I was over on Hornby. It was our base for SCUBA diving in the 80's & 90's. Had a 'cabin' we built out of drift logs. Not much in Amenities but we did have a shit hot compressor to charge our tanks and an unsinkable 18 ft herring skiff.

Whenever I go to the place my relatives call 'home' I get anxieties. There is nothing but sky in the sky, no 300 year old towering Cedar, no mountains and no "people of color" as Chretien used to say.

I should have figured you were a Texada Island kind of guy. By the end of the last century Texada was the international HQ of pot growing. We still have some of those strains around. I may be mistaken but I think "Northern Lights" was bred there. Awesome weed!

I was over on Hornby. It was our base for SCUBA diving in the 80's & 90's. Had a 'cabin' we built out of drift logs. Not much in Amenities but we did have a shit hot compressor to charge our tanks and an unsinkable 18 ft herring skiff.

Whenever I go to the place my relatives call 'home' I get anxieties. There is nothing but sky in the sky, no 300 year old towering Cedar, no mountains and no "people of color" as Chretien used to say.
Northern Lights might have come from here. There were pretty knowledgeable people involved. Not long ago a Dutch guy who had really top training in horticulture died here- he was involved in developing Texada Timewarp back in the day. It's still grown for its high THC but it's not a very vigorous plant. Been cloned for umpteen generations, there's no males so no seeds. I suppose you could stress a plant into going hermaphroditic but I don't know if the seeds would be viable or not.
Still lots of guerrilla gardening going on but the RCMP no longer fly helicopters all over the island in August and September.
I worked with a Native guy from Manitoba who told me that they would fly his mother out every Christmas to spend a week or two but every year she wanted to go home after a couple days. "Can't see!" she'd say. "Too many hills, too many trees, can't see!"

Northern Lights might have come from here. There were pretty knowledgeable people involved. Not long ago a Dutch guy who had really top training in horticulture died here- he was involved in developing Texada Timewarp back in the day. It's still grown for its high THC but it's not a very vigorous plant. Been cloned for umpteen generations, there's no males so no seeds. I suppose you could stress a plant into going hermaphroditic but I don't know if the seeds would be viable or not.
Still lots of guerrilla gardening going on but the RCMP no longer fly helicopters all over the island in August and September.
I worked with a Native guy from Manitoba who told me that they would fly his mother out every Christmas to spend a week or two but every year she wanted to go home after a couple days. "Can't see!" she'd say. "Too many hills, too many trees, can't see!"

I was told about 1995 by an RCMP member attached to the 'break and burn' unit, who said it was the least stressful job he'd ever had....and frustrating. They'd bust a grow, the person charged would be fined (no criminal record) about $1,500. The income on the site would have been in the hundreds of thousands so he said they were 'the accounting department"

I was told about 1995 by an RCMP member attached to the 'break and burn' unit, who said it was the least stressful job he'd ever had....and frustrating. They'd bust a grow, the person charged would be fined (no criminal record) about $1,500. The income on the site would have been in the hundreds of thousands so he said they were 'the accounting department"
There's two RCMP on the island and I wonder what their days consist of. They get up, have breakfast, put on their uniform and then what do they do? At least back in the prohibition days they got to take helicopter surveillance trips and bash around in the bush on their quads.
I was at a community policing meeting once (forget why) and a guy I won't name, hair and beard surrounding his face like an aura, stood up and said, " You guys are responders. If we need you, we'll call you."
Pretty much put the roll of the police in the community in a nutshell.

Back
Top Bottom