• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

General 2012 Election Results Discussion Thread

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This thread is for general discussion regarding the US election results.

Last edited:
Polls start closing in 2 minutes, this thread is open.

This now starts to get real exciting.

I thought the first closings were 7pm eastern, that's another 50 minutes.

I am on the edge of my seat.

Why? We already know the outcome. One of two people will win. The country will move on. ;)

I thought the first closings were 7pm eastern, that's another 50 minutes.

CNN is starting to show results from Kentucky and Indiana. CNN website also shows the polls closing there at 7. I dunno, just going with the flow. Romney up so far in both both like 1 % in so far.

CNN reports that Romney leads Obama in Kentucky by 69%-29%, with a whopping 1% of the vote reporting. I think from those numbers, we can pretty much call the election. ;)

7p most places, I believe. I heard it was 7:30 in Ohio. I'm headed to vote now myself.

7p most places, I believe. I heard it was 7:30 in Ohio. I'm headed to vote now myself.

I have a list in the results thread of poll close times. Not sure why CNN is reporting results early.

CNN is starting to show results from Kentucky and Indiana. CNN website also shows the polls closing there at 7. I dunno, just going with the flow. Romney up so far in both both like 1 % in so far.

I dont have CNN, are they actually counting to votes from today? Or just exit poll data? As exit poll data is quite often not correct. Thanks.

I dont have CNN, are they actually counting to votes from today? Or just exit poll data? As exit poll data is quite often not correct. Thanks.

Actual results.

cnn.com is your friend

I have a list in the results thread of poll close times. Not sure why CNN is reporting results early.

Parts of Indiana and Kentucky have already closed. The polls are only still open in the Central Time Zone parts of those states. They normally start reporting the data as soon as they get it...they just won't officially "call" a state until the polls are closed everywhere in that state.

Fox website has results from Indiana and KY up too, 1 % of returns.

That's funny. They have Romney with more than double the popular vote as well 8500 (Obama) to 17685 (Romney). lol.

Its a terrible idea to try to predict results with less than .01% of the country reporting in.

That's funny. They have Romney with more than double the popular vote as well 8500 (Obama) to 17685 (Romney). lol.

I think it is too early to worry.

Back
Top Bottom