• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gender Reveal Party Arson?

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]A pyrotechnic device at a gender reveal party sparked one of the California wildfires, burning over 8,600 acres[/h]
El Dorado fire in California started by gender reveal party - CNN

What is the point of talking about Gender Reveal other than to spread hate? It could have been a regular birthday or just a picnic.

When I first read about “gender reveal,” I was also confused. Seem that it is when expecting parents let their friends know what plumbing their newborn will come equipped with, nothing to do with gender in this “Brave New World.”

I don’t get the pyrotechnics angle? .....:shrug:

[h=1]A pyrotechnic device at a gender reveal party sparked one of the California wildfires, burning over 8,600 acres[/h]
El Dorado fire in California started by gender reveal party - CNN

What is the point of talking about Gender Reveal other than to spread hate? It could have been a regular birthday or just a picnic.

Apparently it isn't an isolated incident.

Officials release video from gender reveal party that ignited a 47,000-acre wildfire

Shot on April 23, 2017, the clip shows a makeshift target with the words "Boy" and "Girl" written on it, placed in the middle of the desert near Green Valley, Arizona, south of Tucson.

Seconds later we hear a gunshot, and the target explodes, revealing a blue cloud and immediately igniting the surrounding brush. Someone shouts, "Start packing up!"

The man who shot the target, off-duty US Border Patrol agent Dennis Dickey, pleaded guilty in September of this year to a misdemeanor violation of US Forest Service regulations and was sentenced to five years' probation. He also was ordered to pay $8,188,069 in restitution, starting with an initial payment of $100,000 and monthly payments thereafter.

Also, the point of a gender reveal party is a very common event held during pregnancy in which the parents "reveal" the baby's sex to friends and family. That reveal can sometimes take the form of an explosion in the color of blue for a boy or pink for a girl. It has absolutely nothing to do with "hate," and everything to do with celebrating the pregnancy.

When I first read about “gender reveal,” I was also confused. Seem that it is when expecting parents let their friends know what plumbing their newborn will come equipped with, nothing to do with gender in this “Brave New World.”

I never heard about gender reveal parties until a couple years ago when that fire broke out in the Arizona back country because some morons set off fireworks. And now in California too. Idiocy heaped atop idiocy.

I never heard about gender reveal parties until a couple years ago when that fire broke out in the Arizona back country because some morons set off fireworks. And now in California too. Idiocy heaped atop idiocy.

Have you ever heard of suspending a diamond (ring?) over the belly of the expecting mother? Sort of like a divining rod, if the diamond spins in a circular pattern, it means one thing and it is the other if the ring moves only in a straight line over the belly.

Gender reveal parties are stupid.

Oh. I was totally confused even now. I thought it was a changing of gender for an adult party, or something.

This is a coming baby gender reveal party? I don't think that we had those when we were having kids.

Apparently it isn't an isolated incident..

I saw that one too... what is with people using fireworks, explosives or flammable **** out in the woods?

It has absolutely nothing to do with "hate," and everything to do with celebrating the pregnancy.

I thought it was a "coming out" kind of party for a trans-gender. I absolutely got the title wrong.

Have you ever heard of suspending a diamond (ring?) over the belly of the expecting mother? Sort of like a divining rod, if the diamond spins in a circular pattern, it means one thing and it is the other if the ring moves only in a straight line over the belly.

No. I find that off-putting. My wife was uncomfortable enough with her baby shower and she specifically did not want to do those horrible games like pretending melted bits of chocolate in diapers were baby poop. She would almost certainly not be down for something like that.

Oh. I was totally confused even now. I thought it was a changing of gender for an adult party, or something.

This is a coming baby gender reveal party? I don't think that we had those when we were having kids.

They've only been a big deal in the U.S. a decade or two after a woman put her gender reveal party on the internet. But it has become very much cases of one upmanship.

One thing I hate about my fellow Americans. They can't do anything half assed.

I saw that one too... what is with people using fireworks, explosives or flammable **** out in the woods?

It depends on how you use them. Not everyone just walks away after an explosion, like that Border Patrol officer did in Arizona.

I use fireworks in the woods from time to time. I keep a string of ladyfinger firecrackers in my tackle-box as a bear deterrent.

Considering where I live, fireworks during the Summer (except to scare off critters) makes no sense. The sun is still up after midnight during the Summer months. So we save our fireworks for New Years Eve, when you can actually see them. Fireworks in a forest during the Winter is not as big of a problem as fireworks in a forest during the Summer.

No. I find that off-putting. My wife was uncomfortable enough with her baby shower and she specifically did not want to do those horrible games like pretending melted bits of chocolate in diapers were baby poop. She would almost certainly not be down for something like that.

Not sure how we got here.....good evening...:2wave:

They have had pregnancy parties for generations, but the Gender Reveal parties are relatively new. They didn't start happening until we could reliable tell the gender of the child before was born.

Back
Top Bottom