• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gender Pronouns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Male or female is based on gametes, which are produced between your legs (euphamistically speaking at least), so my statement is not factually wrong.

" euphemistically" is cherry-picking, back peddling, not accurate nor is it what you said 🤷‍♂️

Like I said if you need more info on this using facts and science, see post 378

" euphemistically" is cherry-picking, back peddling, not accurate nor is it what you said 🤷‍♂️

Like I said if you need more info on this using facts and science, see post 378

ova are not literally produced between a woman's legs, of course we all know what we mean though. Male and female is determined by our primary sexual organs (testicles and ovaries).

ova are not literally produced between a woman's legs, of course we all know what we mean though. Male and female is determined by our primary sexual organs (testicles and ovaries).

LMAO
NOTHING you just said changes anything 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
Your statement as you wrote it remains factually wrong, let me know when that fact changes

Many of these pronouns I can't identify. Can someone inform me and others as to what they are and how you identify these people on do sight? I mean him or her is easy, but how do you identify a XE, XEM or an EY? What is that?View attachment 67326328
Even if someone could tell you what these all mean, that would still be irrelevant to the rules of English grammar. There is simply no such grammatically rules-legitimate thing as a "personal pronoun". The rules on pronoun usage in English grammar are crystal clear. The pronoun to use is at the sole discretion of the observer, who makes the pronoun determination from the sexual cues given off by the observed; the observed has absolutely no say in what pronoun the observer thereby chooses to use based on his at-a-distance interpretation of the observed. This "personal pronoun" construct is a leftist contrivance of a victim mentality nature that has no validity from the perspective of English grammar rules.

Even if someone could tell you what these all mean, that would still be irrelevant to the rules of English grammar. There is simply no such grammatically rules-legitimate thing as a "personal pronoun". The rules on pronoun usage in English grammar are crystal clear. The pronoun to use is at the sole discretion of the observer, who makes the pronoun determination from the sexual cues given off by the observed; the observed has absolutely no say in what pronoun the observer thereby chooses to use based on his at-a-distance interpretation of the observed. This "personal pronoun" construct is a leftist contrivance of a victim mentality nature that has no validity from the perspective of English grammar rules.
All English grammar rules are contrived.

Ne mē gecnawan. Ascian gerisene Englisc, ceorl.

A language contains the entire culture. When a culture changes so does the language. Regional/class/social differences in language are cultural differences.

A language contains the entire culture. When a culture changes so does the language. Regional/class/social differences in language are cultural differences.
Not according to the recognized authorities who make the rules. And, not according to those who refuse to be bullied into nonsense such as forced employment of "personal pronouns".

Not according to the recognized authorities who make the rules. And, not according to those who refuse to be bullied into nonsense such as forced employment of "personal pronouns".
The recognized authorities who make the rules change and always have as does the dictionary.

What recognized authority? There is no such thing. Usage of a word determines what dictionaries say, not the other way around.

How are you forced to use pronouns? Does he, she and they offend you?

If the obscure and often arcane rules of the English language ever start to make sense or seem logical to you, you probably should not be driving a car.

Language is not static. As usage changes grammar, which is nothing mre than a description of usage, changes too.

The British Marks & Spencer store chain now obliges its staff to wear badges with their pronouns listed for the convenience, or perhaps confusion, of customers.

I find just asking people what they prefer works. No need for drama, just use common courtesy.
I don't ask anybody... they can tell me if they care enough.

I don't ask anybody... they can tell me if they care enough.
Same here. I use pronouns as one usually does which covers the vast majority of cases. If someone tells me their preference then I'll use those.

I've never had someone tell me about pronouns outside of a tick tock snowflake, and if someone did and it wasn't that I actually legitimately mistake their sex, I probably wouldn't talk to that person because everything that comes out of their mouth will most likely be tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom