• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gender Pronouns

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I handle this is if it's a woman, I say 'she' or 'her'. If its a guy, I say "he" or "him".
Fantastic! The transwomen and transmen, who are women and men, respectively, will appreciate you using the correct pronouns.
Just like all sane people have done for centuries.
Nice appeal to tradition. That's a logical fallacy. Just because people have been doing it for a long time doesn't mean it's good. Humanity has started wars for a long time, too. Doesn't mean wars are good.
I won't participate in this Marxist hogwash.
What's Marxist about it?

Fantastic! The transwomen and transmen, who are women and men, respectively, will appreciate you using the correct pronouns.

Since we are what God made us, I use the correct pronouns every time.

Your god also made people transgender, or did your omniscient god forget about the genes that have gave them?

"Twenty-one variants in 19 genes have been found in estrogen signaling pathways of the brain critical to establishing whether the brain is masculine or feminine," says Dr. J. Graham Theisen, obstetrician/gynecologist and National Institutes of Health Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholar at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.
Basically -- and perhaps counterintuitively -- these genes are primarily involved in estrogen's critical sprinkling of the brain right before or after birth, which is essential to masculinization of the brain.

Jesus wasn't a transphobe.

Matthew 7:12
Luke 6:31
Matthew 19:21

Your god also made people transgender, or did your omniscient god forget about the genes that have gave them?

More atheist silly talk. You people act like this is a big issue meriting all the time and attention it gets, like with separate bathrooms. It isn't. It is simply another wedge effort by the Marxist left to divide people, now that they have 'won' on the gay issus in the courts.

More atheist silly talk. You people act like this is a big issue meriting all the time and attention it gets, like with separate bathrooms. It isn't. It is simply another wedge effort by the Marxist left to divide people, now that they have 'won' on the gay issus in the courts.

Do the American RW ever stop obsessing about Marx?

The RW have created the wedge issue. Unfortunately, it means no rational discussion can be had. US is too polarized to be rational anymore.

Do the American RW ever stop obsessing about Marx?

The RW have created the wedge issue. Unfortunately, it means no rational discussion can be had. US is too polarized to be rational anymore.
We aren't pretending the country is full of transgenders, necessitating the need of complete overhauling of our facililties. Leftwingers are. That's division.

We aren't pretending the country is full of transgenders, necessitating the need of complete overhauling of our facililties. Leftwingers are. That's division.
What "full overhauling of our facilities?" Trans people can just use the bathroom of their gender, while nonbinary people can use the gender-neutral family bathrooms. What are you referring to here?

Religion has nothing to do with transgender people existing. Most of the trans people that I know are some branch of protestant Christianity. I was introduced to a trans guy who is the minster of the episcopal church.

Did your computer scan my post for Marxist conversion codes before you responded?

Trans people have always existed and they used the bathroom of their identity without an issue until the GOP needed a new wedge issue for the social conservatives to clutch their pearls about? Maybe you could follow the teachings of your savior Jesus for once. or would that be an example of religious persecution?

Last edited:
Many of these pronouns I can't identify. Can someone inform me and others as to what they are and how you identify these people on do sight? I mean him or her is easy, but how do you identify a XE, XEM or an EY? What is that?View attachment 67326328

I thought non-binary folks usually just went by they/them.

Religion has nothing to do with transgender people existing. Most of the trans people that I know are some branch of protestant Christianity. I was introduced to a trans guy who is the minster of the episcopal church.

Did your computer scan my post for Marxist conversion codes before you responded?

Trans people have always existed and they used the bathroom of their identity without an issue until the GOP needed a new wedge issue for the social conservatives to clutch their pearls about? Maybe you could follow the teachings of your savior Jesus for once. or would that be an example of religious persecution?
Rank-and-file leftwingers are so gullible, they'll accept the most absurd propositions. This is yet another example.

" When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing. They then become capable of believing in anything. " - Emile Cammaerts

Last edited:

Sadly, some choose to not follow God's plan, yet God and Jesus still love them as they do all.

Pronouns are not based on biology. She is a feminine pronoun, not a female one. Ships have been called she for centuries.

To be fair, masculine and feminine don't mean the same thing as male and female.

No, they are not. Their medical license could be at risk if they refuse to do their duty and instead prescribe medication for someone who might have questions or has other problems that could appear to be trans. This is why there is medical and psych testing, plus counseling long before hormones and anti-androgens are considered. Drs and psychologists are not to function as rubber stamps.

Yeah, tell that to Keira Bell.

Conservatives eh? There are a lot of young liberal females out there who are upset about competing against chicks with dicks (snark intended) too.

Jesus Christ are we still doing this? I'll just copy and paste my post from the other thread.

Gender is a social construct. The way I see it, it has two parts: what you call yourself, and how you present.

If a transman refers to himself as a man and presents in a masculine way, then he has effectively filled the gender role of a man, making him a man. While his sex is still female, his gender is male. If he chooses to undergo surgery in order to further present as a man, then that's his business and no one else's.

This change of gender is necessary for him because he has gender dysphoria (GD) and the only known treatment for GD is to transition. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Yeah, tell that to Keira Bell.

If you are interested in her story, its a travesty.

The affirmation module really should be reviewed with a critical eye.

If you are interested in her story, its a travesty.

The affirmation module really should be reviewed with a critical eye.
Misdiagnoses will happen. It's inevitable. But we have to understand that they're a minority, and one bad clinic shouldn't mean we take away services from those who need it. Also note that the lack of education and acceptance for different sexualities, like lesbians, contributed to Kiera thinking she was trans.

Misdiagnoses will happen. It's inevitable. But we have to understand that they're a minority, and one bad clinic shouldn't mean we take away services from those who need it. Also note that the lack of education and acceptance for different sexualities, like lesbians, contributed to Kiera thinking she was trans.

I understand it's nice to be able to dismiss. But, it appears the numbers are increasing, which she talks about in her story. I think that apparent increase would be expected based on the 4400% increase of young girls claiming dysphoria.

We do not have decent numbers around around these "misdiagnoses", though. Lets hope that is something they study, so they can see if it is even a problem. Even if it is rare, lets hope that they are able to decrease this number greatly to prevent a lifetime of harm to kids. Regardless of the numbers.

Jesus Christ are we still doing this? I'll just copy and paste my post from the other thread.

Except the definition of man is adult human male. Therefore a female can't be a man regardless of gender role or aesthetic likeness.

Except the definition of man is adult human male. Therefore a female can't be a man regardless of gender role or aesthetic likeness.
Amazing a common-sense statement like this causes outrage in this forum.

1617986813966.png
The word male can either refer to the male sex or the male gender. source

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom