• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gender Identity and the New Laws

Do you support new laws that would ban Transgenders using facilities of their choice?

• Total voters
There was no reason for you to bring up racial segregation unless it was to equivocate racial segregation or apartheid to telling men they can't use the women's restrooms or women they can't use the men's restrooms.
I was bringing up the mentality of ignorance and how your position so echo's that of the past. It wasn't about race, it's about universal ignorance and hate.

If you are born a male and currently are dressing as a woman then you are a cross dresser pretending to be a woman. If were born a female and currently dressing as a male then you are a cross dresser pretending to be a man. There is no ifs and or butts about it.It has nothing to do with hate or ignorance. It has everything to do with fact that if you are born a male then you can't be a female and if you are born a female then you can't be a male. What is ignorant is somehow suggesting that just because you feel a certain way, got a plastic surgeon to modify parts of your body and took some pills that somehow makes you the opposite sex.It does not make you the opposite sex. Rachel Dolezal feels she is African American, but biology says she is not.Caitlyn jenner says he is a woman but biology says he is not. Dennis Avner thinks he is a cat but biology says he is not.Erik Sprague thinks he is a lizard-man but biology says he is not. Sure in loony leftist lib-tard land these people are who they are pretending to be.But reality these people are just loons who can't accept reality. All the modifications to themselves and dressup they do does not change that fact.
I can find no greater argument I could make to show your wilful ignorance than this post, I thank you for saving me the effort.

When are are not a duck don't surprised when people say you are not a duck. Telling people they are ignorant or hateful because they won't call you a duck doesn't in shape or form convince people you are a duck.It just demonstrates that you are desperate to hang onto your delusion.
I'm not gonna stop you, the world needs at least a few examples of how not to be, so as to help others be better. You are one of those people, and you seem quite intent on embracing it.

Please do not compare cross dressers pretending to another gender to what African Americans went through in history.It is offensive to real minorities.

Who is talking about crossdressers? Also millions of minorities support stopping discrimination against transgenders so don't try to speak for them. You speaking for them as a whole is more what's offensive.

You are trying to compare cross dressers pretending to be another gender to people who went through some ****ed up ****.Someone saying hey you men can't use the ladies restroom or you ladies can't use the men's restroom is nowhere comparable to racial segregation or apartheid . Its absurd. The two are not any shape or form comparable and it is offensive to people who are actual minorities.

Again you do not speak for them and it's not about crossdressers its about discrimination. Do you ever make posts that are not based on lies?

You are trying to compare cross dressers pretending to be another gender to people who went through some ****ed up ****.Someone saying hey you men can't use the ladies restroom or you ladies can't use the men's restroom is nowhere comparable to racial segregation or apartheid . Its absurd. The two are not any shape or form comparable and it is offensive to people who are actual minorities.

No, I'm not. That you are so angered by the obvious comparison of your position to that of ignorance of the past says I'm hitting the mark.

I am not a "Cross dresser pretending to be another gender", that you believe that and repeat that places your position as one from ignorance and hate. In this case willful ignorance and hate.

If you walk like a duck, quack like a duck, act like a duck... don't be pissed when people call you a duck

Nailed it! Watching the lies he posts with so much anger is funny. He is going to stroke out I bet he shakes when he is typing and punches the desk hahahaha

There was no reason for you to bring up racial segregation unless it was to equivocate racial segregation or apartheid to telling men they can't use the women's restrooms or women they can't use the men's restrooms.

I was bringing up the mentality of ignorance and how your position so echo's that of the past. It wasn't about race, it's about universal ignorance and hate.

If you are born a male and currently are dressing as a woman then you are a cross dresser pretending to be a woman. If were born a female and currently dressing as a male then you are a cross dresser pretending to be a man. There is no ifs and or butts about it.It has nothing to do with hate or ignorance. It has everything to do with fact that if you are born a male then you can't be a female and if you are born a female then you can't be a male. What is ignorant is somehow suggesting that just because you feel a certain way, got a plastic surgeon to modify parts of your body and took some pills that somehow makes you the opposite sex.It does not make you the opposite sex. Rachel Dolezal feels she is African American, but biology says she is not.Caitlyn jenner says he is a woman but biology says he is not. Dennis Avner thinks he is a cat but biology says he is not.Erik Sprague thinks he is a lizard-man but biology says he is not. Sure in loony leftist lib-tard land these people are who they are pretending to be.But reality these people are just loons who can't accept reality. All the modifications to themselves and dressup they do does not change that fact.

I can find no greater argument I could make to show your wilful ignorance than this post, I thank you for saving me the effort.

When are are not a duck don't surprised when people say you are not a duck. Telling people they are ignorant or hateful because they won't call you a duck doesn't in shape or form convince people you are a duck.It just demonstrates that you are desperate to hang onto your delusion.
I'm not gonna stop you, the world needs at least a few examples of how not to be, so as to help others be better. You are one of those people, and you seem quite intent on embracing it.

Nailed it again, complete ownage!

Last edited:
But there are people with both and times when people with the "wrong" parts need to use the other restroom. Plus you have no business or right to check for those right parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who said anything about checking? like I said I don't really give a damn as far as I'm concerned. its just what people 'should' do imo.

Norms change all the time, and have to start somewhere/when.

True. though I would have to say that some norm changes are not for the better.

No.

However, I do know one person who experiences ophidiophobia; one who was agorophobic for a period of time; a few who seem to have a mild fear of heights; probably others who suffer from various legitimate clinical phobias that they manage to hide.

In the words of the lovely Linda LaHughes, I'm delighted you live in the People's Republic of Lesbania where homophobia is non-existent, but sadly that's not most gay people's reality.

The issue here is transphobia, of which there's much displayed on DP on a daily basis.

I personally am very dorkophobic.

In the words of the lovely Linda LaHughes, I'm delighted you live in the People's Republic of Lesbania where homophobia is non-existent, but sadly that's not most gay people's reality.

The issue here is transphobia, of which there's much displayed on DP on a daily basis.

That doesn't really exist, but it's nice to see you pushing it anyway.

That doesn't really exist, but it's nice to see you pushing it anyway.

Irony failure Henrin?

On second thoughts no Henrin, I'm making a wild claim I can't prove. I learned the tactic from you! You still haven't enlightened us as to these multiple European countries who've tried to pass legislation to stop men peeing as they wish.

How can I force you to be uncomfortable with my presence? That is your response to something that isn't even physically being done against you. And in this case, the only difference is in who the person perceives as being in the closed stall next to them.

You want to force the vast majority of people to be uncomfortable in order to save a tiny minority from being uncomfortable. That is delusional hypocrisy at its core.

You want to force the vast majority of people to be uncomfortable in order to save a tiny minority from being uncomfortable. That is delusional hypocrisy at its core.

There is no way to force someone else to be uncomfortable in a public restroom simply from your presence in the restroom. They are responsible for their comfort in that case. They are free to wait till the person leaves, just as if there were a woman who had her children pee with the stall door open or who was making the restroom stink, things that could cause others discomfort.

There is no way to force someone else to be uncomfortable in a public restroom simply from your presence in the restroom. They are responsible for their comfort in that case. They are free to wait till the person leaves, just as if there were a woman who had her children pee with the stall door open or who was making the restroom stink, things that could cause others discomfort.

You don't get to tell people how they feel or why they feel that way... that is the flaw in your entire thought process.

Your arrogance is failing you.

Of course some of the dinks here don't think a right to comfort in a public restroom exists. And yet they make laws to make these men in dresses comfortable.

Of course some of the dinks here don't think a right to comfort in a public restroom exists. And yet they make laws to make these men in dresses comfortable.

I have been trying to point this out to rogue to no avail...

I have been trying to point this out to rogue to no avail...

That's because the agenda isn't about comfort in public restrooms as much it is about gaining "normalcy" for a tiny fraction of society who are anything but normal.

The LGBT 'community' wants nothing in this world more than to be seen as normal and mainstream. However, the truth of the matter is that they are neither. And will never be. Not matter how many men marry each other or how many women take testosterone and grow a 'beard'. No matter how many laws are passed forcing people to bake cakes or accept men in women's restrooms, homosexuality and trans-sexuality will always be seen as weird and abnormal.

There's nothing wrong with weird or abnormal. The wrong comes from making laws that FORCE acceptance of these lifestyles. If you want to be weird, be weird. But don't get upset when you are looked at as such. And do NOT try to force your weirdness as normal. It ain't.

That's because the agenda isn't about comfort in public restrooms as much it is about gaining "normalcy" for a tiny fraction of society who are anything but normal.

The LGBT 'community' wants nothing in this world more than to be seen as normal and mainstream. However, the truth of the matter is that they are neither. And will never be. Not matter how many men marry each other or how many women take testosterone and grow a 'beard'. No matter how many laws are passed forcing people to bake cakes or accept men in women's restrooms, homosexuality and trans-sexuality will always be seen as weird and abnormal.

There's nothing wrong with weird or abnormal. The wrong comes from making laws that FORCE acceptance of these lifestyles. If you want to be weird, be weird. But don't get upset when you are looked at as such. And do NOT try to force your weirdness as normal. It ain't.

Agreed... nothing wrong with being different. The issue comes when the different complain that they are normal. Well... they are not normal.

How can I force you to be uncomfortable with my presence? That is your response to something that isn't even physically being done against you. And in this case, the only difference is in who the person perceives as being in the closed stall next to them.

In the U.S., 20% of women will be raped at some time in their lives. This does not include attempted rapes, other sexual assaults, physical assaults, voyeurism and on and on. Just rapes. By males. By contrast, 1.4% of men will be raped at some point in their lives. By other males. Why then, do we see so many men (and at least a couple of people who claim to be female), as demonstrated in these threads, advocating that it is actual females who should accommodate intact biological males in their bathrooms, locker rooms and showers? Women have reasonable fears of being vulnerable in isolated or lockable spaces with males they do not know.

Now, if you want to include into the mix, the harassment, ogling, catcalls, etc. that many women are subjected to in public by men on the regular, then your denial that males can "force you to be uncomfortable," as you so strangely put it, by their presence in these spaces defies belief. And there is no good reason that that discomfort should be visited upon females. Men need to use their own facilities. Anyone with a penis and testicles who has the nerve to claim womanhood is extremely suspect in that declaration when he insists on his right to invade showers, locker rooms and restrooms.

In the U.S., 20% of women will be raped at some time in their lives. This does not include attempted rapes, other sexual assaults, physical assaults, voyeurism and on and on. Just rapes. By males. By contrast, 1.4% of men will be raped at some point in their lives. By other males. Why then, do we see so many men (and at least a couple of people who claim to be female), as demonstrated in these threads, advocating that it is actual females who should accommodate intact biological males in their bathrooms, locker rooms and showers? Women have reasonable fears of being vulnerable in isolated or lockable spaces with males they do not know.

Now, if you want to include into the mix, the harassment, ogling, catcalls, etc. that many women are subjected to in public by men on the regular, then your denial that males can "force you to be uncomfortable," as you so strangely put it, by their presence in these spaces defies belief. And there is no good reason that that discomfort should be visited upon females. Men need to use their own facilities. Anyone with a penis and testicles who has the nerve to claim womanhood is extremely suspect in that declaration when he insists on his right to invade showers, locker rooms and restrooms.

Rape stats are ridiculously flawed and some estimates/stats say that as much as 95% of rape claims are false...

No, I'm not. That you are so angered by the obvious comparison of your position to that of ignorance of the past says I'm hitting the mark.

I am not a "Cross dresser pretending to be another gender", that you believe that and repeat that places your position as one from ignorance and hate. In this case willful ignorance and hate.

If you walk like a duck, quack like a duck, act like a duck... don't be pissed when people call you a duck

You're not just a cross dresser, but you do cross dress every single day. You also play pretend just like a cross dresser, but in a more advanced form.

Also, it's not hate that makes me say, but the recognition of the facts. You should learn the difference.

Rape stats are ridiculously flawed and some estimates/stats say that as much as 95% of rape claims are false...

And these eliminates are all over the map for both genders. I have seen female stats go up to 50% and as low as 15%, and male stats go up to 10% and as low as 0.5%. I have a feeling a lot of people are just bull****ting the statistics.

If you were to claim that you have trouble understanding anything I've posted because English isn't your first language, I'll sure take that under advisement in future. But it feels more like you're just being a garden-variety asshole now. I choose my words carefully and try to say what I mean. I really owed you no explanation of why I personally choose not to use newly made-up words like homophobia or transphobia that mimic actual clinical psychiatric phobias to describe other peoples' discomfort with or hatred of minority groups. Are you really so insecure that you can't go on using them yourself without other people having to do so? You've wasted my time and now I regret trying to engage with you.

And these eliminates are all over the map for both genders. I have seen female stats go up to 50% and as low as 15%, and male stats go up to 10% and as low as 0.5%. I have a feeling a lot of people are just bull****ting the statistics.

Yep. The ones that get me is when they claim that 1 in 4 college women get raped... I am sure that college girls are not advertising it when the yget raped but I certainly never heard of one girl getting raped when I was at university.

Hahaha.
No.

Actually, rape is a highly under reported crime. Nevertheless, your assertion that "some estimate/stats" show that 95% of rape claims are false is quite spectacular. Most sane people would be embarrassed to make such a foolish statement. Please cite your source(s).

By the way, my source for my figures about rape was: Black, M. C., Basile, K. C., Breiding, M. J., Smith, S .G., Walters, M. L., Merrick, M.T., … Stevens, M. R. (2011). The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey: 2010 summary report. Retrieved from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control:
http://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/pdf/NISVS_Report2010-a.pdf

If you were to claim that you have trouble understanding anything I've posted because English isn't your first language, I'll sure take that under advisement in future. But it feels more like you're just being a garden-variety asshole now. I choose my words carefully and try to say what I mean. I really owed you no explanation of why I personally choose not to use newly made-up words like homophobia or transphobia that mimic actual clinical psychiatric phobias to describe other peoples' discomfort with or hatred of minority groups. Are you really so insecure that you can't go on using them yourself without other people having to do so? You've wasted my time and now I regret trying to engage with you.

English is not my first language, however I have perfectly understood every word you've written, although much of it borders on the incoherent.

I also understand that languages evolve and that in English, phobia has come to be used to mean fear of, often associated with an irrational dislike of, and not just in the medical/psychiatric sense. Hence homophobia, transphobia, lesbophobia etc. are now accepted words to be found in the dictionary - not as you suggest, some fantasy terms somebody just made up. Please find the post where I insisted other people have to use these terms? I don't care which terms you use; I get it that you don't like certain words which have entered the language of Shakespeare long after his departing us.

That you think I am an asshole as opposed to an arsehole suggests that unlike myself, you didn't learn learn your English in England? I wouldn't use the term asshole as I wouldn't consider it correct English, but don't worry, unlike yourself I won't get my Tena Lady in a twist just because you choose to use such terms.

Well done, with all this discussion about language you've succeeded in deflecting the argument away from transphobia, or whatever you wish to call it.

Back
Top Bottom