• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gender Identity and the New Laws

Do you support new laws that would ban Transgenders using facilities of their choice?

• Total voters

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Transgenders have been using the facility of their choice or associated with their gender identity our whole lives, do you support the laws would ban them from doing so?
Yes
No
Other

I really dont understand how this is magically a new issue and people want to ban transgenders from using the facilities they associate with. I currently see no logic and or justification to discriminate in this manner but I'm curious to see why others do? Maybe I missing something?

I oppose separate but equal (or unequal) and gender discrimination in many forms.

I think they should be given their own restrooms.

And that would help how exactly? Many transgender simply wouldn't use them and many other people who aren't transgender would use those restrooms simply because they weren't being used. It would be pointless. Most of the issue is the fact that enforcement is inconsistent, and ends up targeting people (whether transgender or not) who simply look like they don't "belong" in a certain restroom.

I have no issue with more restrooms but see this suggestion as pretty pointless.

Transgenders have been using the facility of their choice or associated with their gender identity our whole lives, do you support the laws would ban them from doing so?
Yes
No
Other

I really dont understand how this is magically a new issue and people want to ban transgenders from using the facilities they associate with. I currently see no logic and or justification to discriminate in this manner but I'm curious to see why others do? Maybe I missing something?

Personally it is no skin off of my hide. I think that it is somewhat pitiful, but hey! If that's what someone wants? But demanding laws? I feel that is obnoxious and pure overshoot. As a matter of fact, unless good evidence can be produced I see no reason for laws about toilets at all.

And that would help how exactly? Many transgender simply wouldn't use them and many other people who aren't transgender would use those restrooms simply because they weren't being used. It would be pointless. Most of the issue is the fact that enforcement is inconsistent, and ends up targeting people (whether transgender or not) who simply look like they don't "belong" in a certain restroom.

I have no issue with more restrooms but see this suggestion as pretty pointless.

It would give them a place to go and allow other people to feel comfortable with the state of affairs.

And btw, you just admitted that transgenders would be dishonest. lol.

Last edited:
Personally it is no skin off of my hide. I think that it is somewhat pitiful, but hey! If that's what someone wants? But demanding laws? I feel that is obnoxious and pure overshoot. As a matter of fact, unless good evidence can be produced I see no reason for laws about toilets at all.

Well, there has to be laws about toilets for public buildings like court houses and such.

I had a real life experience with this last weekend.
Here is what happened...

Guns N Roses concert at the New Orleans Super Dome.

There were only 10 people in line outside the woman's restroom.
There were over 100 in line outside the men's restroom.
In the Super Dome the urinals are very close together and there's about 20 of them side by side.

When I finally got inside there. There was a woman just hanging out at the sinks directly behind the urinals. Just watching everyone pee.
At least I assume it was a woman. She definitely had tits. She was attractive. No matter what she was, you'd be a liar if you said she was not attractive lol.
Guys did not know what to do. Half the guys were just waiting for toilet stalls only lol.

OK, so I don't know if she had previously whooped out a penis and peed, or if she had just been there watching the men pee the whole time.
But it was definitely chaotic.
I do not know what side of this coin this story even supports. It would have been easier on the lines if she had just gone in the woman's restroom. But she may have been a legit woman, or she may have been a biologically altered trans. If this was the case, she should have been in the woman's bathroom under most existing law.

I do understand and empathize with all sides in this issue.
But I still remain very solid in my opinion that the way you determine gender is with what is between your legs. Bathrooms are not social functions. What is between your legs is the only thing that matters in there. It doesn't matter what you see when you look in the mirror. Only whether you need a urinal or not.
On the side of transgenders though... if they do become the other gender with sexual reassignment surgery, then power to them. That's great for them, now they can use the other bathroom and do so properly.

It would give them a place to go and allow other people to feel comfortable with the state of affairs.

And btw, you just admitted that transgenders would be dishonest. lol.

Except there is no one to enforce it. You still would have the same inconsistent enforcement.

Everyone can be dishonest. Beyond that, if they see themselves as a woman why would they feel they should use a restroom that separates them while others don't have to use separate situations for being, looking different?

And you can't show a significant amount of people feel uncomfortable with transgender men or women (or even just people of the opposite sex) using the same restroom they do. You have no right to feel comfortable in a public restroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.)Personally it is no skin off of my hide. I think that it is somewhat pitiful, but hey! If that's what someone wants?
2.) But demanding laws? I feel that is obnoxious and pure overshoot. As a matter of fact, unless good evidence can be produced I see no reason for laws about toilets at all.

1.) thats factually not true since we all have a gender identity and stopping this law protects all of our rights but hey, if you dont care about your rights that's fine by me, many people that dont own a gun feel the same way about the 2nd also.
2.) Yes I agree, i dont understand why these new laws are trying to spring up, many of them simply fail and eventually they will probably all fall but it odd they are trying this now when transgenders have been using the facility of their choice our whole lives.

Except there is no one to enforce it. You still would have the same inconsistent enforcement.

Everyone can be dishonest. Beyond that, if they see themselves as a woman why would they feel they should use a restroom that separates them while others don't have to use separate situations for being, looking different?

Why should they inform anyone that they're trans if they think they're a woman? lol I love where your logic leads.

Well that's simply not gonna happen just like there are no more "colored" only restrooms.

I had a real life experience with this last weekend.
Here is what happened...

Guns N Roses concert at the New Orleans Super Dome.

There were only 10 people in line outside the woman's restroom.
There were over 100 in line outside the men's restroom.
In the Super Dome the urinals are very close together and there's about 20 of them side by side.

When I finally got inside there. There was a woman just hanging out at the sinks directly behind the urinals. Just watching everyone pee.
At least I assume it was a woman. She definitely had tits. She was attractive. No matter what she was, you'd be a liar if you said she was not attractive lol.
Guys did not know what to do. Half the guys were just waiting for toilet stalls only lol.

OK, so I don't know if she had previously whooped out a penis and peed, or if she had just been there watching the men pee the whole time.
But it was definitely chaotic.
I do not know what side of this coin this story even supports. It would have been easier on the lines if she had just gone in the woman's restroom. But she may have been a legit woman, or she may have been a biologically altered trans. If this was the case, she should have been in the woman's bathroom under most existing law.

I do understand and empathize with all sides in this issue.
But I still remain very solid in my opinion that the way you determine gender is with what is between your legs. Bathrooms are not social functions. What is between your legs is the only thing that matters in there. It doesn't matter what you see when you look in the mirror. Only whether you need a urinal or not.
On the side of transgenders though... if they do become the other gender with sexual reassignment surgery, then power to them. That's great for them, now they can use the other bathroom and do so properly.

But you don't know what was it wasn't between her legs.

Now, just to clarify, if she was just standing there, staring, that is reason to remove anyone from the restroom. Would it have been okay if she had shown you a penis but then continued to stand in there just staring at everyone else going (assuming she wasn't actually just waiting to go herself).

Why should they inform anyone that they're trans if they think they're a woman? lol I love where your logic leads.

That's the point though, most don't try to inform people they are trans. So why would those restrooms ever get used unless someone enforced their use, likely through appearance. So then they would mainly get used by people who don't care and just want to use the restroom.

That's the point though, most don't try to inform people they are trans. So why would those restrooms ever get used unless someone enforced their use, likely through appearance. So then they would mainly get used by people who don't care and just want to use the restroom.

You either missed my point intentionally or by accident, and I somehow doubt the later.

Well that's simply not gonna happen just like there are no more "colored" only restrooms.

Your opinion is meaningless to me.

Yes
No
Other

No I don't support any bathroom law. Whatever we've been doing is working just fine.

You either missed my point intentionally or by accident, and I somehow doubt the later.

Or you failed to make any sort of reasonable point. Either you are going to make laws that would mandate use of the restroom by transgenders or we get what we have now, with simply another option mainly for people who don't care.

Or you failed to make any sort of reasonable point. Either you are going to make laws that would mandate use of the restroom by transgenders or we get what we have now, with simply another option mainly for people who don't care.

Oh, I made a point pretty relevant to your logic, but you just don't want to see it. Lets review the comment:

"Why should they inform anyone that they're trans if they think they're a woman? lol I love where your logic leads."

That covers more than just restrooms, you know.

But you don't know what was it wasn't between her legs.

Now, just to clarify, if she was just standing there, staring, that is reason to remove anyone from the restroom. Would it have been okay if she had shown you a penis but then continued to stand in there just staring at everyone else going (assuming she wasn't actually just waiting to go herself).

I'm not sure.
I can tell you that I'd prefer to live in a world where people can go in the correct bathroom on their own and where we can simply assume that they are in the correct place for their anatomy.
Nothing really brings it home that this is about anatomy more than self identity... than a wall of 20 urinals, all being used, with 100 people waiting in line.

I'm not gonna be checking anyone's junk that's for certain. But that doesn't mean we can't establish what normal behavior is supposed to be.

Oh, I made a point pretty relevant to your logic, but you just don't want to see it. Lets review the comment:

"Why should they inform anyone that they're trans if they think they're a woman? lol I love where your logic leads."

That covers more than just restrooms, you know.

Context is important. If I had an extra nipple or a small penis would it matter if I told the people in the restroom that info? But then what about someone I was planning on getting intimate with? Or my doctor?

Your opinion is meaningless to me.

Weird, can you point out where I said my opinion mattered to you? oh thats right I didn't, just more evidence of you being angry and butthurt over me presenting facts and constantly destroying your posts :)

Last edited:
Context is important. If I had an extra nipple or a small penis would it matter if I told the people in the restroom that info? But then what about someone I was planning on getting intimate with? Or my doctor?

You're not going to get out of your logic that easy. If they feel they are a woman than why would they tell a man otherwise? lol. This is fun.

Did you know there is actually a movement of trans women that feel it is wrong they are told to inform? Do you know why? Well, because they think they are women. lol. It doesn't appear to be helping that people like you are telling them that they are either.

I'm not sure.
I can tell you that I'd prefer to live in a world where people can go in the correct bathroom on their own and where we can simply assume that they are in the correct place for their anatomy.
Nothing really brings it home that this is about anatomy more than self identity... than a wall of 20 urinals, all being used, with 100 people waiting in line.

I'm not gonna be checking anyone's junk that's for certain. But that doesn't mean we can't establish what normal behavior is supposed to be.

Why? Bathrooms really aren't designed for either sex. Either can use a toilet and now, with devices, even a urinal. But what makes people uncomfortable varies from person to person. Just being in the restroom with anyone might make some uncomfortable. Or being in a restroom with a woman who looks too manly or "like a lesbian".

Why? Bathrooms really aren't designed for either sex. Either can use a toilet and now, with devices, even a urinal. But what makes people uncomfortable varies from person to person. Just being in the restroom with anyone might make some uncomfortable. Or being in a restroom with a woman who looks too manly or "like a lesbian".

Did you ever see a woman use a urinal? It's awkward to say the least. Oh, and before you mention it, yes, I'm aware of equipment that makes it easier for women to do. It's still pretty awkward though.

Back
Top Bottom