• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gender fluid athletes in sports

That's not even close to what genderfluidity is. Educate yourself and get back to us.

That's exactly what gender fluid means.

Someone who is fluid -- also called gender fluid -- is a person whose gender identity (the gender they identify with most) is not fixed. It can change over time or from day-to-day.

Gender-fluid people are people whose gender changes over time. A gender-fluid person might identify as a woman one day and a man the next.

Gender fluid people are individuals whose gender varies over time.

That's not even close to what genderfluidity is. Educate yourself and get back to us.

Gender fluidity refers to change over time in a person’s gender expression or gender identity, or both. That change might be in expression, but not identity, or in identity, but not expression. Or both expression and identity might change together. So, yes, it is exactly what genderfluid means. https://www.webmd.com/sex/what-is-fluid "A person who is gender fluid may identify as male one day, female the next, both male and female, or neither." And, "....how one identifies can change every day or even every few hours. Gender fluidity, when gender expression shifts between masculine and feminine, can be displayed in how we dress, express and describe ourselves." https://www.cnn.com/2016/04/13/living/gender-fluid-feat/index.html

What do you think it means?

That's exactly what gender fluid means.

Someone who is fluid -- also called gender fluid -- is a person whose gender identity (the gender they identify with most) is not fixed. It can change over time or from day-to-day.

Gender-fluid people are people whose gender changes over time. A gender-fluid person might identify as a woman one day and a man the next.

Gender fluid people are individuals whose gender varies over time.

That's not what @MrNiceGuy said.

Some people identify as gender fluid - which means that their gender identity changes over time. They can be man one day, both the next, woman another day, agender another day, pangender another day, intergender (between genders), etc. etc.

The first sentence was correct. The second sentence was a common trope that social conservatives like to use.

That's not what @MrNiceGuy said.

The first sentence was correct. The second sentence was a common trope that social conservatives like to use.

Are you suggesting that gender-fluid people can't identity as a man one day and a woman the next? Because my links clearly state they can.

Some people identify as gender fluid - which means that their gender identity changes over time. They can be man one day, both the next, woman another day, agender another day, pangender another day, intergender (between genders), etc. etc.

So, ought a gender fluid athlete be competing in men's or women's leagues? Does it depend on whether at the time of a competition the person identifies as man or woman, or something else?

A trans person who was born "cisgender male," and who transitions to gender fluid, can they compete in the women's league and the men's league, if their gender fluidity includes both man and woman?
A born female gender fluid person can compete with women. A born male gender fluid can not compete with women.

Those would be the rules if I was Ruler.

Anyone that supports men competing against women would have to say that yes...gender fluid people are entitled to compete against women regardless of how they feel from one minute to the next. After all...its all 'real'....right?

So, ought a gender fluid athlete be competing in men's or women's leagues? Does it depend on whether at the time of a competition the person identifies as man or woman, or something else?

A trans person who was born "cisgender male," and who transitions to gender fluid, can they compete in the women's league and the men's league, if their gender fluidity includes both man and woman?
This issue is not something anybody can do about except for the women who play in these leagues.

If they want to compete with males that identify as whatever then that's what they get to do and they will be dominated. I'm male I don't participate in female sports so I have no say in it whatsoever.

I think coaches promote this because it means they have a male to play against females. If the females they coach don't say anything then there's not a problem. They have to care they have to risk being called transfer or they get erased.

This issue is not something anybody can do about except for the women who play in these leagues.

If they want to compete with males that identify as whatever then that's what they get to do and they will be dominated. I'm male I don't participate in female sports so I have no say in it whatsoever.

I think coaches promote this because it means they have a male to play against females. If the females they coach don't say anything then there's not a problem. They have to care they have to risk being called transfer or they get erased.
We all have a say.

I don't compete in women's sports either, but I have daughters. They deserve to not swim against Lia Thomas.

And, we all have to push back against this LGBT bullshit. They're pretending there isn't even such a thing as biological sex. They act like we shouldn't even say that primates have one head, because occasionally some are born as conjoined twins.

We have to stop letting them conflate sex and gender. You'll constantly find that lobby saying "sex is more complex....because people can identify as one or more of many different genders..." -- the response has to be that they can identify as whatever they want, but that doesn't change a primate's sex. A male who identifies as a woman may be a fine person, but that person is still male, whether identifying as a woman or bigender or polygender or agender or genderfluid or whatever. It's all fine, but we are allowed to differentiate sports leagues by sex, without regard to gender.

A born female gender fluid person can compete with women. A born male gender fluid can not compete with women.

Those would be the rules if I was Ruler.
...except if a born female gender fluid person takes male hormones, they should be disqualified for juicing.

Gender fluid is a non-binary identity, and as such they should compete with other non-binary individuals in some sort of non-binary league for sports.

We all have a say.

And, we all have to push back against this LGBT bullshit.

This is not LGBT bullshit. This is activism gone awry. LGB warned about a backlash and here it is. People deserve respect, dignity and rights but when activism becomes religion and dogma the movement is harmed and people are harmed. The blame mostly should be laid at the feet of those who are the least impacted. That would be the NON-LGBT people who think they are doing good but are not.

Gender fluid is a non-binary identity, and as such they should compete with other non-binary individuals in some sort of non-binary league for sports.

If we must segregate athletes, it makes more sense to me to separate by testosterone levels, not gender.

This is not LGBT bullshit. This is activism gone awry. LGB warned about a backlash and here it is. People deserve respect, dignity and rights but when activism becomes religion and dogma the movement is harmed and people are harmed. The blame mostly should be laid at the feet of those who are the least impacted. That would be the NON-LGBT people who think they are doing good but are not.

^ "We should have LGBTQ rights BUT BUT BUT..." :rolleyes:

...except if a born female gender fluid person takes male hormones, they should be disqualified for juicing.
Then they are not gender fluid, they are transgender. But I agree with your point.

Actually it is the governing bodies and laws that force women to compete against these men, unless you are saying they should protest and not compete.

If we must segregate athletes, it makes more sense to me to separate by testosterone levels, not gender.
Sure, but cismen and ciswomen have other differences, such the fact cismen have larger hearts and lungs, mass of muscle and bone, etc. that put ciswomen at a disadvantage in sports competing against them. If you removed gender segregation, you would end up seeing men overwhelmingly profit off of sports, with women who today are prominent sports players fading into obscurity when in this sort of unfair competition.

It would make more sense to sperate by gender, and then add restrictions for testosterone levels and such to accommodate a trans population while also creating a fair competition environment. Nonbinary individuals should definitely create a nonbinary league of their own, and I will support that 100%, but if they want to play with men or women, they'd have to fit within the existing regulations.

Sure, but cismen and ciswomen have other differences, such the fact cismen have larger hearts and lungs, mass of muscle and bone, etc. that put ciswomen at a disadvantage in sports competing against them. If you removed gender segregation, you would end up seeing men overwhelmingly profit off of sports, with women who today are prominent sports players fading into obscurity when in this sort of unfair competition.

The whole idea of creating women's sports leagues was to include, not exclude. Now that we have a greater understanding of gender than we did in the '60s and '70s, we need to find ways to better include trans and intersex athletes. Letting trans youth who need hormone therapy have access to it would be a good start.

It would make more sense to sperate by gender, and then add restrictions for testosterone levels and such to accommodate a trans population while also creating a fair competition environment. Nonbinary individuals should definitely create a nonbinary league of their own, and I will support that 100%, but if they want to play with men or women, they'd have to fit within the existing regulations.

I believe that until recently, that's what the NCAA has done. But these bills that force athletes to compete as the sex they are assigned at birth helps nobody. Gender is as much in the brain as anything, and if youth are given access to hormone therapy that they are entitled to, they'll develop according to their gender anyway.

The whole idea of creating women's sports leagues was to include, not exclude. Now that we have a greater understanding of gender than we did in the '60s and '70s, we need to find ways to better include trans and intersex athletes. Letting trans youth who need hormone therapy have access to it would be a good start.

I believe that until recently, that's what the NCAA has done. But these bills that force athletes to compete as the sex they are assigned at birth helps nobody. Gender is as much in the brain as anything, and if youth are given access to hormone therapy that they are entitled to, they'll develop according to their gender anyway.
No. That gives trans athletes a clear advantage

No. That gives trans athletes a clear advantage

Oh no, we can't let a tiny group of people who have clear disadvantages in life possibly maybe have an advantage in sports. :LOL:

Oh no, we can't let a tiny group of people who have clear disadvantages in life possibly maybe have an advantage in sports. :LOL:
That's right. We cant. Sports is a meritocracy.....not a civil rights program

That's right. We cant. Sports is a meritocracy.....not a civil rights program

You start worrying about the plank of problems that trans people are facing, and I'll start worrying about the speck of problems that cis women athletes face against trans women athletes who were denied hormone blockers anyway. :)

You start worrying about the plank of problems that trans people are facing, and I'll start worrying about the speck of problems that cis women athletes face against trans women athletes who were denied hormone blockers anyway. :)
I support women's rights. They have been discriminated against for too long.

This is discrimination against female athletes

I support women's rights. They have been discriminated against for too long.

This is discrimination against female athletes

Not interested in your "speck" until you start worrying about the "plank." :)

Not interested in your "speck" until you start worrying about the "plank." :)
I dont care about your bible reference

I support women's rights

You dont

Back
Top Bottom