• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gender affirming Surgeries in DC on people under 16...

Then some trans suicidal kids you don't really care about. They don't fit into your activism

OK, Dr/Ph.D. Vegas, then what are your ideas for this child that you conjured up? You have dug yourself into this corner, so how do you plan to dig yourself out? Admitting that you made a mistake as a way to entrap me would be the first step.
It's fine if they too are collateral damage

I'm following long-established treatment protocols with proven effectiveness. You need HRT for more than a year before bottom surgery. How exactly do you plan to administer HRT to a child whose body hasn't sufficiently developed to utilize that hormone?

Administering anti-Ds to a child of 5 is very dangerous and not medically supported. See chart at the bottom.

OK, Dr/Ph.D. Vegas, then what are your ideas for this child that you conjured up? You have dug yourself into this corner, so how do you plan to dig yourself out?

I'm following long-established treatment protocols with proven effectiveness. You need HRT for more than a year before bottom surgery. How exactly do you plan to administer HRT to a child whose body hasn't sufficiently developed to utilize that hormone?
I say we tell this child we will provide him the best psychiatric treatment available.....and he can have surgery when he is 18. Until then he can dress how he chooses.

Genital removal surgery is done at birth sometimes. It can get done at any time

I say we tell this child we will provide him the best psychiatric treatment available.....and he can have surgery when he is 18. Until then he can dress how he chooses.

Genital removal surgery is done at birth sometimes. It can get done at any time
Prove it.

Your first claim doesn't align with your second. The fact that GRS isn't genital removal is lost on you.

Lol. "Minor issues". Sure, Jan.
A 95% success rate with no consistent problems says it is minor.

Anyway, lisa is now claiming that sweden, et al are warning against or denying medicalization to potentially trans kids, which will bring about a holocaust of suicides, because of "minor issues".

Prove it.

Your first claim doesn't align with your second. The fact that GRS isn't genital removal is lost on you.

You honestly don't think genital surgery is performed on some children at birth?

I fully question your 95%.....which leaves many mutilated children

You honestly don't think genital surgery is performed on some children at birth?

Intersex surgeries are being banned because they are often wrong.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — First-of-its-kind California legislation to ban some medically unnecessary surgeries on intersex children stalled Monday for the third straight year in the same committee, with the author saying that proposed amendments would have stripped much of its purpose.
State Sen. Scott Wiener, a Democrat from San Francisco, wants to bar certain types of surgeries on children born with intersex characteristics. That’s when their genitalia, chromosomes or reproductive organs don’t fit typical definitions for male or female bodies.
His bill would prohibit surgeries until the child is age 12, which advocates say would give the child time to develop a gender identity. His original proposal would delay procedures until age 6 unless they are deemed medically necessary.

I fully question your 95%.....which leaves many mutilated children

It also leaves many more whose lives have been improved. Their lives must mean something. You should learn statistics. If you have a 3.95 GPA you don't make big changes to your study habits. Did you have a 3.95 GPA? That is Summa Cum Lauda territory.

Intersex surgeries are being banned because they are often wrong.

It also leaves many more whose lives have been improved. Their lives must mean something.
They are NOT banned throughout the country

That is flat out wrong

Your numbers are based on a single study that you cling to

That is horrible science

They are NOT banned throughout the country

That is flat out wrong

Your numbers are based on a single study that you cling to

That is horrible science

BTW,. How many times do you plan to move the goalposts?

BTW,. How many times do you plan to move the goalposts?
I haven't moved anything

You post opinions

Intersex surgeries continue as medical treatment

I haven't moved anything

You post opinions

Intersex surgeries continue as medical treatment
We have moved from transgender care to intersex because your arguments failed but because you arent mature enough to admit you made a mistake you moved the goalposts to now discussing unneeded and very often unnecessary surgery on intersex infants.

This is from the intersex society themselves. https://isna.org/compare/

That surgery should wait until the patient has a voice.

Are intersexed genitals a medical problem?

No. Intersexed genitals are not a medical problem. They may signal an underlying metabolic concern, but they themselves are not diseased; they just look different. Metabolic concerns should be treated medically, but intersexed genitals are not in need of medical treatment. There is no evidence for the concealment paradigm, and there is evidence to the contrary.

The belief that the person with an intersex condition has the right to self determination where her or his body is concerned. Doing “normalizing” surgeries early without the individual’s consent interferes with that right; many surgeries and hormone treatments are not reversible. The risks are substantial and should only be taken if the patient has consented.

We have moved from transgender care to intersex because your arguments failed but because you arent mature enough to admit you made a mistake you moved the goalposts to now discussing unneeded and very often unnecessary surgery on intersex infants.

This is from the intersex society themselves. https://isna.org/compare/

That surgery should wait until the patient has a voice.
You argue like a child. Your arguments are like a fourth grader.

These are what your posts look like

You are losing so you make this personal

It is the sign of a failed argument

You argue like a child. Your arguments are like a fourth grader.

These are what your posts look like

You are losing so you make this personal

It is the sign of a failed argument
I have sourced every statement from reputable medical science soucres. Your claim is an act of projection.

I have sourced every statement from reputable medical science soucres. Your claim is an act of projection.
And yet you constantly insult me

Your OPINIONS are noted and dismissed

And yet you constantly insult me

Your OPINIONS are noted and dismissed
I am correcting you.

Those aren't my opinions. Those are medical facts that arent in agreement with your opinions.

As for the statement of psychological projection,

This is an example of projective identification. One of the most common types of projecting is when someone accuses others of being angry or a bully. This can be a way to deflect attention from that person's own feelings of anger and their guilt over having those feelings

and,
Why Do People Project?

The biggest reason, conscious or unconscious, that a person project is that they can’t admit they were wrong about something. For some, the idea of admitting you were wrong is an honest one. It’s a sign you are willing to grow and learn from your past mistakes. If someone doubles down and shifts the blame, it makes them seem like they are stubborn.

Humans tend to have a hard time admitting fault. No matter who you are, it takes some courage to shatter your ego and admit your mistakes. With that said, why do some people have a harder time admitting fault? Here are a few ideas.

The Belief You’re A Bad Person If You Are In the Wrong

Many people see themselves as the hero, and if the hero has a flaw or admits they were wrong, they are no longer the hero but the villain. This is a binary view that is skewed the more you think about it. Many heroes have flaws, and a good hero is willing to correct themselves should they have a flaw. Sometimes, even the best people make mistakes. That doesn’t mean they are bad, but instead, simply human. If you can admit that you were wrong, that means that you are strong enough to admit your flaws.

Defense Comes Naturally

Defending yourself is an emotion that is embedded in our minds. We used to be part of tribes that would defend each other, and our mind still behaves in ways that shield us from danger. Whenever you’re confronted, your mind thinks you’re in danger, and you must defend yourself or die. While some people know that they are not in physical danger, others will fight, flight, fawn, or freeze.

I am correcting you.

Those aren't my opinions. Those are medical facts that arent in agreement with your opinions.

and,

Your post are filled with medical opinion....not fact

You want to make this all about me because on the facts you lose

Facts

Children who can not give informed consent will be mutilated under your plan

Now call me a name or insult me another way

It's all all have

I am correcting you.

and,

2019 clinical assessment found that 9.4% of patients with adolescent-emerging gender dysphoria either ceased wishing to pursue medical interventions or no longer felt that their gender identity was incongruent with their assigned sex at birth within an eighteen-month period.[28] A 2021 study examining the case notes of 175 adults discharged from a UK gender identity clinic between September 2017 and August 2018 found that 12 (6.9%) met the researchers' criteria for detransitioning—that is, they returned to living as their assigned gender.

There is nothing to support your claim that desistance is growing or that the numbers are more than 5%. The Swedish study has more statistical and academic errors than most It is not to be trusted. It has also never been reproduced.

Were you forced or even coreced to transition as an adult?

Yes, there is, but you'd first have to be open to researching and understanding. You aren't, you're content repeating what you're told to think, no thought required.

Yes, there is, but you'd first have to be open to researching and understanding. You aren't, you're content repeating what you're told to think, no thought required.
Where is the evidence to support your claims?

Your personal attacks are noted.

Then some trans suicidal kids you don't really care about. They don't fit into your activism

It's fine if they too are collateral damage

Why do people with transphobic views like to lie like this?

^ Projection.

Back
Top Bottom