• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gen. Milley Fires Back

NWRatCon

Eco**Social Marketeer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Gen. Milley Fires Back at Gaetz’s ‘Offensive’ Question, Leaving Him Shaking His Head (Daily Beast)​

“I do think it's important, actually, for those of us in uniform to be open-minded and be widely read. And it is important that we train and we understand,” he declared before referencing the Jan. 6 insurrection. “I want to understand white rage, and I’m white… What is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America?”
After saying he has read Mao Tse Tung, Karl Marx, and Vladimir Lenin and that “doesn’t make me a communist,” Milley added: “What is wrong with understanding, having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend? And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, our commissioned, our non-commissioned officers of being ‘woke’ or something else because we are studying some theories that are out there!”

I was profoundly impressed.

Milley who is Princeton ROTC ('80) emphatically pointed out USMA at West Point is a liberal arts college. WP grads get a classic liberal education there.

Milley himself majored in political science then during his career got a M.A. from Columbia in international relations and an M.A. from U.S. Naval War College in National Security and Strategic Studies.

In the armed forces you want to get stars you need an advanced degree such as Jim Mattis who got a M.A. from the National Defense University Institute of Strategic Studies in Washington DC when he was a colonel. Mattis was a History major B.A. at Central Washington State University Naval ROTC Marine Option.

USMA continues with its strong engineering program but its degrees are B.A. as well as B.S. WP didn't have a professor of strategy until the Civil War. Post WP Grant and Sherman studied Napoleon with McClellan who was fluent in French, via correspondence. And it's a major reason R.E. Lee the engineer was known as a tactician.

Naval Academy took the lead in strategic studies due to ADM Mahon who founded the Naval War College at the turn of the 20th century, was its first president, and whose book was read in capitals round the world. Mahon created the conceptual foundation of the USN that won WW II and that has dominated the seas since. At USNA midshipman cadets and faculty alike say Neptune and Mahon in the same breath.

The government service academies continue with strong engineering and science programs plus full-on programs of liberal arts: USAF Academy, Annapolis, USCG Academy in New London CT, Merchant Marine Academy in New York. This is in contrast to the blind ignoramus Armband Rightists who are running the Republican Party toward its cliff edge.

Tucker Carlson called him a pig.

Funny, that. It's what happens when pseudo-intellectuals are confronted by actual intellectuals. Carlson occupies the lowest rung of lifeforms with a similar cohort of scum. Racist, misogynistic, anti-American, fascists who pretend to thought, but can't reason to the end of a sentence. It's ironic, too, that pigs have greater intellectual heft than Carlson and his ilk, and they are far more respectable and empathetic. Carlson's just pathetic, like Gaetz, Greene, Gohmert and the gang.

Milley is an adult with huge responsibility.

Matt is a panderer. Tucker says words for $$$$ and ratings.

Our military headed by an America hating pathological liar who openly despises the Bill of Rights is another example how we are living the years of the decline of the United States.

Name any commander of any other military in the world that openly attacks the majority population and history of the country? Only in the Democratic Party's corporate fascism could that even be possible.

Our military headed by an America hating pathological liar who openly despises the Bill of Rights is another example how we are living the years of the decline of the United States.

Name any commander of any other military in the world that openly attacks the majority population and history of the country? Only in the Democratic Party's corporate fascism could that even be possible.
These are the words of extremism.

Possibly, for tons of people I've met over my almost 60 years, due to personal issues or personal experiences. Or sometimes it's simply taught.

Tucker Carlson is a Rightwing Hack.

A PutinTrumpRower.

GEN. Milley's TIS as a 4-star is already second only to MacArthur who went on to become a 5-star so no one is expected to surpass all of that.

On 15 August 2014, Milley was promoted to the rank of four-star general and became the 21st CG of U.S. Army Forces Command serving from 15 August 2014 to 9 August 2015. Army Forces Command does mission specific deployments from A to Z.

Chief of Staff
On 14 August 2015 General Mark Anthony Milley was sworn in as the 39th Chief of Staff of the Army. His focus was on weapons lethality to include doubling the range of precision heavy artillery.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
On 8 December 2018, President Donald Trump announced that he would nominate GEN Milley to serve as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. On 25 July 2019, the United States Senate confirmed his nomination by a vote of 89–1 and he was sworn in on 30 September 2019.

Operational Deployments
His operational deployments include: the Multinational Force and Observers (MFO), Sinai, Egypt; Operation Just Cause, Panama; Operation Uphold Democracy, Haiti; Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia-Herzegovina; Operation Iraqi Freedom Iraq; and Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan.

Education
GEN Milley’s education includes a Bachelors Degree in Political Science from Princeton University, and Master's Degrees from Columbia University in International Relations and from the U.S. Naval War College in National Security and Strategic Studies. He is also a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Seminar XXI National Security Studies Program and of the Army Command / General Staff College.

Medals, Awards, Badges & Tabs
Defense Distinguished Service Medal with Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster
Army Distinguished Service Medal with 3 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters
Defense Superior Service Medal with Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster
Legion of Merit with 2 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters
Bronze Star Medal with 3 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with Silver Oak Leaf Cluster
Army Commendation Medal with 4 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters
Army Achievement Medal with Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster
National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with 2 Bronze Stars
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with 3 Bronze Stars
Iraq Campaign Medal with 2 Bronze Stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Medal
Korean Service Defense Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Army Service Ribbon
Overseas Service Ribbon with Numeral 5
NATO Service Medal with Bronze Service Star
Multinational Force Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster
Meritorious Unit Commendation with 3 Bronze Stars
Combat Infantryman Badge with Star (2nd Award)
Expert Infantryman Badge
Master Parachutist Badge
Scuba Diver Badge
Joint Chiefs of Staff Identification Badge
Army Staff Identification Badge
Ranger Tab
Special Forces Tab

All Carlson has is Trump Boutique Knee Pads.

Gen. Milley Fires Back at Gaetz’s ‘Offensive’ Question, Leaving Him Shaking His Head (Daily Beast)​

“I do think it's important, actually, for those of us in uniform to be open-minded and be widely read. And it is important that we train and we understand,” he declared before referencing the Jan. 6 insurrection. “I want to understand white rage, and I’m white… What is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America?”
After saying he has read Mao Tse Tung, Karl Marx, and Vladimir Lenin and that “doesn’t make me a communist,” Milley added: “What is wrong with understanding, having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend? And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, our commissioned, our non-commissioned officers of being ‘woke’ or something else because we are studying some theories that are out there!”

I was profoundly impressed.
Watching Gaetz shake his head and get his arse handed to him made me proud to be an American.

Trump is a republican. He is no longer leading the military he insulted. Get your facts straight.

We shouldn't attack Gen. Milley for reading about critical race theory any more than we should attack Tucker Carlson for reading Mein Kampf.

The majority population of America are white supremacists?

Trump is a republican. He is no longer leading the military he insulted. Get your facts straight.

But you agree with Joe Biden that our military personnel in theaters of combat are "dull, slow stupid bastards," don't you? Biden must have been talking about General Milley.

Ahhh, another Republican misinterpretation attempting to slander Biden. Republicans can't stop with the lies. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...o-u-s-military-intended-as-joke-idUSKBN26L3F3

Without lies what would the Democratic Party have? IN FACT that is exactly what Biden called our troops in a theater of combat - specifically airmen of which one of my child was one of those present. It was not a joke. That is the BIG LIE told, plus lying claiming Trump attacked troops when in fact he never did. Biden was caught on video tape. He was pissed off that the men there did not cheer his announcing he was not recommending any of them for the Air Force Academy and instead was only using those men as props for a press release that he selected a woman. So Biden called those military men every insult thing he could think of.

The LIE is you trying to deny what Biden said - which he admitted as is on video - while promoting a lie about Trump for which everyone present has confirmed the no-source accusation in The Atlantic was and is a lie.

Do you deny Biden called airmen "dull," "slow," "stupid," and "bastards?"

Do you think I could get away with calling another poster a "dull slow stupid bastard" and then get away with saying "obviously I was joking" as a defense? Do you agree with Biden that our Air Force personnel in combat such as my kid are dull, slow, stupid bastards?"

Without lies what would the Democratic Party have? IN FACT that is exactly what Biden called our troops in a theater of combat - specifically airmen of which one of my child was one of those present. It was not a joke. That is the BIG LIE told, plus lying claiming Trump attacked troops when in fact he never did. Biden was caught on video tape. He was pissed off that the men there did not cheer his announcing he was not recommending any of them for the Air Force Academy and instead was only using those men as props for a press release that he selected a woman. So Biden called those military men every insult thing he could think of.

The LIE is you trying to deny what Biden said - which he admitted as is on video - while promoting a lie about Trump for which everyone present has confirmed the no-source accusation in The Atlantic was and is a lie.

Do you think I could get away with calling another poster a "dull slow stupid bastard" and then get away with saying "obviously I was joking" as a defense? Do you agree with Biden that our Air Force personnel in combat such as my kid are dull, slow, stupid bastards?"
Republicans have poor reading comprehension. https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...o-u-s-military-intended-as-joke-idUSKBN26L3F3

Do you have a link to that outrageous behavior. This is what I found: read it and you'll get the picture. Lots of laughter all around. This reminds me of the right jumping on AOC for suggesting rail travel as an alternate to air ("Doesnt she know about oceans?!?!") or her throwaway comment that the world was coming to an end in 12 years.

On the other hand, Trump didnt use irony or subtlety: Trump wouldn't visit military cemeteries, reportedly called dead and wounded vets suckers and losers, and I seem to remember him insulting POW's. As I recall, he was not invited to McCain's funeral, and lied about his role in approving it, which was not in fact necessary. He also suggested that the military commit war crimes and pardoned those whom the military wanted to prosecute. A real friend of G.I.'s, that Trump.

Do you have a link to that outrageous behavior. This is what I found: read it and you'll get the picture. Lots of laughter all around. This reminds me of the right jumping on AOC for suggesting rail travel as an alternate to air ("Doesnt she know about oceans?!?!") or her throwaway comment that the world was coming to an end in 12 years.

On the other hand, Trump didnt use irony or subtlety: Trump wouldn't visit military cemeteries, reportedly called dead and wounded vets suckers and losers, and I seem to remember him insulting POW's. As I recall, he was not invited to McCain's funeral, and lied about his role in approving it, which was not in fact necessary. He also suggested that the military commit war crimes and pardoned those whom the military wanted to prosecute. A real friend of G.I.'s, that Trump.

Chairman of JCS GEN Milley who was then Chief of Staff Army (CSA) gives troops of the 8th Army Force in South Korea confidence and support before observing live fire field training exercises that were scaled down by the Kim suckup Trump, in 2018.

Soldiers from the U.S. 8th Army 2nd Infantry Division/Republic of Korea-U.S. Combined Division highlighted their unit's capabilities for Gen. Milley during his visit to Camp Humphreys and the Rodriguez Live Fire Complex in August 2018.

C4.jpg

Milley's assignments up the career ladder of command included command of the 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment (Air Assault), 2nd Infantry Division, 8th U.S. Army, South Korea.

gen-mark-milley-us-army-chief-of-staff-hangs-out-with-soldiers-at-the-rodriguez-live-fire-complex-near-pocheon-south-korea-aug-18-during-his-visit-to-the-largest-range-on-the-peninsula-milley-toured-the-facilities-and-quizzed-soldiers-on-their-various-military-occupations-photo-by-tim-oberle-eighth-army-public-affairs-p319gx.jpg

Gen. Mark Milley, then the U.S. Army Chief of Staff, gives Capt. Alex Hedine, commanding officer of Delta Company a word of wisdom on Milley's visit to a later live fire training exercise at Camp Humphreys in South Korea in 2018. Milley had commanded 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment (Air Assault), 2nd Infantry Division, 8th U.S. Army South Korea with Delta company in the battalion. The CAPT's troops are rather appreciating the moment as is the LTG 3-star CG of 8th Army.

Proud that rather than accepting facts you search the world for any possible way to deny what literally is on video tape and was confessed to by Biden.

Explain how calling our troops "dull slow stupid bastards" is "a joke." You can't because it wasn't. Biden is every bit as bad as Trump about having an explosive temper who does not hesitate to demean and insult people he sees himself as superior to or has power over.

Explain how calling our military personnel dull slow stupid bastards is funny to you - since obviously you think it is.

Proud that rather than accepting facts you search the world for any possible way to deny what literally is on video tape and was confessed to by Biden.

Explain how calling our troops "dull slow stupid bastards" is "a joke." You can't because it wasn't. Biden is every bit as bad as Trump about having an explosive temper who does not hesitate to demean and insult people he sees himself as superior to or has power over.

Explain how calling our military personnel dull slow stupid bastards is funny to you - since obviously you think it is.
Watch him say it here. Funny how the very troops you demand he was insulting were applauding him at the same time. Republicans can't go a minute without misrepresenting or outright lying about something Joe's done. It's because they're all still so tragically butt hurt over the loss of their cult leader that can't cope. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-troops-stupid-bastards/

Why are you guys arguing with someone who is being willfully obtuse?

Giuliani proclaimed the death of truth.

It's funeral is passing through here now.

Fear not however cause the only thingy in the casket are the rocks from Rudy's head.

Back
Top Bottom