• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gee. What a surprise. The 6-foot rule was a lie

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

"Dr. Anthony Fauci sent CDC Director Rochelle Walensky an article scientifically tearing down the 6-feet rule, emails show

"These emails show the CDC forged ahead and crafted pandemic policy based on poor data – even after they've been warned old and out-of-date research was being used to support their guidelines," Caitlin Sutherland, executive director of Americans for Public Trust, told Fox News. "First, the CDC allowed teachers' unions to write the guidance on school reopenings, and now we just learned the CDC isn't publishing large portions of the COVID data it collects."

Additionally, the CDC denied a Harvard University public health expert's request for state-level vaccine distribution data, which she needed for her research about how policies affected vaccinations, the emails show."

I must be a psychic because a day or two ago I said there was N\O scientific basis for the 6-foot rule

My posts on masks have been proven true and now the 6-foot canard is proven to be a lie.

The New York Times reported last month that the agency has failed to release complete hospitalization data. The publication also said the agency left out information on booster shot effectiveness in individuals aged 18 to 49, which called the group the "least likely to benefit from extra shots, because the first two doses already left them well-protected."

The above is also from the same article which proves that booster shots are essentially worthless. YOUR government is corrupt, crooked, and a bunch of liars. What I and others have tried to teach you is now being proven.

Last edited:
Maybe the six-foot rule was based on the idea that people might obey a definite rule instead of merely being told to "Try your best to keep as far away from other people as possible. You wouldn't stand next to someone who is sneezing, would you?"

Many (most?) of us like definite (not ambiguous) guidelines in our lives.

It gives us more confidence. (Even if that confidence might be misplaced.)

It wasn't a lie per se but an initial reaction based on previous data about transmitting the virus via aerosol drops and was a compromise since nobody would stay over 6 feet away from people. I agree though it should be updated based on current knowledge.

I mean it's just common sense not to get too close to someone with a contagious virus, no?

It wasn't a lie per se but an initial reaction based on previous data about transmitting the virus via aerosol drops and was a compromise since nobody would stay over 6 feet away from people. I agree though it should be updated based on current knowledge.

I mean it's just common sense not to get too close to someone with a contagious virus, no?
But is that the point? You're right - it's just common sense to avoid people with a contagious virus. But in the wake of contrary scientific evidence and urgings, the CDC nevertheless issued what amounted to mandates that we adhere to what amounted to a quite arbitrary rule anyway. That's not common sense, frankly, it's just dictatorial. I don't even see it being at all defensible.

Maybe the six-foot rule was based on the idea that people might obey a definite rule instead of merely being told to "Try your best to keep as far away from other people as possible. You wouldn't stand next to someone who is sneezing, would you?"

Do grown adults really need a CDC to tell them this? It is just common sense

I agree but it is absolutely galling that our own government lies like this involving issues of such importance. They treat us like little children and we allow them to do it. Any fool knows that if you cough or sneeze in someone's face and you are infected that you would probably get infected as well. This doesn't even have to be stated and I conceded this two years ago. This is pablum for kindergarteners and yet we are in awe of some idiot like Walensky, who is so inept she needed retraining for her job who pronounces that we must stay 6 FEET away or else without mentioning that this study pertained ONLY to coughs and sneezes and not telling the truth about airborne COVID (aerosol particles).

The real truth is that almost all COVID is transmitted by airborne particles that go right through masks but no one told the public this. Certainly, a mask stops some COVID but when just a thousand are enough to kill you, a mask is essentially worthless, and why the states that mandated them did no better (or just a little) than those that didn't. We owe it to ourselves to become educated in all matters because this government is run by absolute fools and liars and thieves.

Do grown adults really need a CDC to tell them this? It is just common sense

I agree but it is absolutely galling that our own government lies like this involving issues of such importance. They treat us like little children and we allow them to do it. Any fool knows that if you cough or sneeze in someone's face and you are infected that you would probably get infected as well. This doesn't even have to be stated and I conceded this two years ago. This is pablum for kindergarteners and yet we are in awe of some idiot like Walensky, who is so inept she needed retraining for her job who pronounces that we must stay 6 FEET away or else without mentioning that this study pertained ONLY to coughs and sneezes and not telling the truth about airborne COVID (aerosol particles).

The real truth is that almost all COVID is transmitted by airborne particles that go right through masks but no one told the public this. Certainly, a mask stops some COVID but when just a thousand are enough to kill you, a mask is essentially worthless, and why the states that mandated them did no better (or just a little) than those that didn't. We owe it to ourselves to become educated in all matters because this government is run by absolute fools and liars and thieves.

It was just a recommendation to help limit the spread. It's not like anyone was ever convicted of getting within 6 feet of someone else. You claim to not want to be treated like a child yet when the previous President admitted he downplays Covid so we won't panic like we're children children you excuse any criticism of that as "TDS" or a nothingburger that didn't personally affect you so whatever. So it's hard to believe if you do or do not want to be treated like a child who can't handle the truth.

It was just a recommendation to help limit the spread. It's not like anyone was ever convicted of getting within 6 feet of someone else. You claim to not want to be treated like a child yet when the previous President admitted he downplays Covid so we won't panic like we're children children you excuse any criticism of that as "TDS" or a nothingburger that didn't personally affect you so whatever. So it's hard to believe if you do or do not want to be treated like a child who can't handle the truth.
He downplayed it a time when Fausti, the alleged expert, said it would take 15 days to bend the curve and masks may stop one droplet.....at the very outset. The same guy that spearheaded the creation of a vaccine by jawboni9ng the FDA. Trump also scoffed at masks as being nearly useless. He knew they were just a giant placebo. Now that we are two years into it and see the states that mandated masks doing no better than those that didn't, Trump was right. people can quote all the alleged science and doctors they want regarding masks. America is a prime example of states that don't wear them being a litmus test to show they just don't work. But, people love that little blue pill because they think it works. People need something or at the least the BELIEF that something "works". Like prayer, we bought into the lie.

All instructions in our society have to be directed at the most ignorant among us. Lots of laws exist to address the behavior of the ignorant as well.

"Dr. Anthony Fauci sent CDC Director Rochelle Walensky an article scientifically tearing down the 6-feet rule, emails show

"These emails show the CDC forged ahead and crafted pandemic policy based on poor data – even after they've been warned old and out-of-date research was being used to support their guidelines," Caitlin Sutherland, executive director of Americans for Public Trust, told Fox News. "First, the CDC allowed teachers' unions to write the guidance on school reopenings, and now we just learned the CDC isn't publishing large portions of the COVID data it collects."

Additionally, the CDC denied a Harvard University public health expert's request for state-level vaccine distribution data, which she needed for her research about how policies affected vaccinations, the emails show."

I must be a psychic because a day or two ago I said there was N\O scientific basis for the 6-foot rule

My posts on masks have been proven true and now the 6-foot canard is proven to be a lie.

The New York Times reported last month that the agency has failed to release complete hospitalization data. The publication also said the agency left out information on booster shot effectiveness in individuals aged 18 to 49, which called the group the "least likely to benefit from extra shots, because the first two doses already left them well-protected."

The above is also from the same article which proves that booster shots are essentially worthless. YOUR government is corrupt, crooked, and a bunch of liars. What I and others have tried to teach you is now being proven.
There are a few good points to be made here; unfortunately, you've passed them up to spout the far right party line of BS.

He downplayed it a time when Fausti, the alleged expert, said it would take 15 days to bend the curve and masks may stop one droplet.....at the very outset. The same guy that spearheaded the creation of a vaccine by jawboni9ng the FDA.
If that is true then why was he at the same time telling Woodward how dangerous the corona virus was?

Wonder what data Trump used to come up with, "it will magically disappear"?
You mean the guy that s[pearheaded the vaccine? Wonder what Fausti will say next week regarding masks.

There are a few good points to be made here; unfortunately, you've passed them up to spout the far right party line of BS.
Sorry the truth is seen as far right BS

If that is true then why was he at the same time telling Woodward how dangerous the corona virus was?
A president's job is to NOT frighten the public like Walensky and Fausti. You keep forgetting he insisted on a vaccine in record time.

Masks don't work....neither does social distancing, so what other than a vaccine did we have?

Sorry the truth is seen as far right BS
You can no longer differentiate between the truth and far right propoganda. The truth is Covid is a dangerous and quickly mutating virus. As scientists' understanding of it grew and changed their advice on how to fight it grew and changed. The truth, which so many don't understand to this day, is that masks aren't worn to protect the wearer, they're worn to protect those in danger from those who are contagious. The truth is the vaccine is safe and effective and Trump turned it into a political football for no good reason other than to incite his base and divide the country. Trump is vaccinated. Lindsey Graham is vaccinated. Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and everyone who works at FoxNews/Pravda is vaccinated. It's Fox Network policy. The truth is I question the sanity of people who took Ivermectin and followed other nutty right wing snake oil medicines like Trump's black light and disinfectant lunacy.

He downplayed it a time when Fausti, the alleged expert, said it would take 15 days to bend the curve and masks may stop one droplet.....at the very outset. The same guy that spearheaded the creation of a vaccine by jawboni9ng the FDA. Trump also scoffed at masks as being nearly useless. He knew they were just a giant placebo. Now that we are two years into it and see the states that mandated masks doing no better than those that didn't, Trump was right. people can quote all the alleged science and doctors they want regarding masks. America is a prime example of states that don't wear them being a litmus test to show they just don't work. But, people love that little blue pill because they think it works. People need something or at the least the BELIEF that something "works". Like prayer, we bought into the lie.

Fauci wasn't the only one going for the 15 day to bend the curve - Trump was the one who laid out the guidelines and it was also back by his surgeon general Jerome Adams.

You are buying into the lie Fauci/Walensky are solely responsible for everything such as the 15 days and want to play partisan while talking about "truth". That's cool but don't act like you don't like to be lied to when you play your partisan games and act like only one side is responsible.

Effective masks are proven to work. Just because some are less effective for some variants doesn't mean they are useless. If you want to ignore it and be a jerk and not wear one when you are feeling sick, that's your right to be an unpatriotic citizen who doesn't care about their neighbor's health. whatever.

A president's job is to NOT frighten the public like Walensky and Fausti. You keep forgetting he insisted on a vaccine in record time.

Masks don't work....neither does social distancing, so what other than a vaccine did we have?

Ah, so you do want the President to treat us like children who can't handle the truth. I am an adult and can handle being 'frightened' by the truth, you obviously like to live in a bubble.

You mean the guy that s[pearheaded the vaccine? Wonder what Fausti will say next week regarding masks.
No, I meant Trump. He is the one who said it.

Or Trump saying we have 15 cases and soon will be zero. Sound scientific statement, right?

The six foot rule allowed people to distance as far as possible indoors, which is most important. Setting a larger distance was impractical for confined spaces, where it was most vital to distance.

It wasn't a lie per se but an initial reaction based on previous data about transmitting the virus via aerosol drops and was a compromise since nobody would stay over 6 feet away from people.
they don't care. they let their own republican brother and sisters suffocate to death while pretending it wasn't a big deal but still pushing horse paste.

SMH….the sciences have a method…literally called the scientific method…wherein data is constantly testing new and old theories and help not create new theories.

The point being that scientists know that new data can change theories which can change how we approach things.

Yet the right insists that science is to be mistrusted simply because scientists are open minded if the data can prove precious thought and practices wrong.

If we take the logic of the right, then there wouldn’t be any technological advancement and we would still be living in caves because change cannot be trusted.

You can no longer differentiate between the truth and far right propoganda. The truth is Covid is a dangerous and quickly mutating virus. As scientists' understanding of it grew and changed their advice on how to fight it grew and changed. The truth, which so many don't understand to this day, is that masks aren't worn to protect the wearer, they're worn to protect those in danger from those who are contagious. The truth is the vaccine is safe and effective and Trump turned it into a political football for no good reason other than to incite his base and divide the country. Trump is vaccinated. Lindsey Graham is vaccinated. Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and everyone who works at FoxNews/Pravda is vaccinated. It's Fox Network policy. The truth is I question the sanity of people who took Ivermectin and followed other nutty right wing snake oil medicines like Trump's black light and disinfectant lunacy.
Older people and fat people and those with comorbidities can decide for themselves on the vaccine. This thread is about social distancing being refuted because, as I have said, is not effective and is based on some ancient report. Someone with no knowledge and way over her head decided we should not have this information and you are OK with that. I am not.

Back
Top Bottom