• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gee, Joe. I don't think that's actually your dream to have.

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have a dream that all black parents will have the right to choose where their kids attend school.

I have a dream that all black boys and girls will grow up with a father.
I have a dream that young black men will stop shooting other young black men.

I have a dream that all young black men will say “no” to gangs and to drugs.

I have a dream that all black young people will graduate from high school.

I have a dream that young black men won’t become fathers until after they’re married and they have a job.

I have a dream that young unmarried black women will say “no” to young black men who want to have sex.

I have a dream that today’s black leadership will quit blaming racism and “the system” for what ails black America.

I have a dream that black America will take responsibility for improving their own lives.

I have a dream that one day black America will cease their dependency on the government plantation, which has enslaved them to lives of poverty, and instead depend on themselves, their families, their churches, and their communities.

My Own Dream for America « Joe Walsh

I'm actually a bit speechless at the moment. I would just as soon leave this sitting here and see how people view what he said. I figure my title is enough of an insight as to my perceptions.

I feel much the same way as Joe - about poor corn-fed white trash in the South.

I feel much the same way as Joe - about poor corn-fed white trash in the South.

Yes, because the " corn fed white trash of the South" has " real" issues with high per capita crime rates, prison populations and high illegitimacy rates. Not to mention " corn fed white trash on white trash violence ".

Joe's a wise man who has the integrity to point out real issues and real solutions to the problems that affect inner cities.

Its too bad its been lost on those who have been perpetuating the mentallity that allows thosd areas to devolve.

he should have his name taken away and returned to the real Joe Walsh. at least real JW wrote some **** worth listening to.

Part of MLK's dream was that people would be judged not by the color of their skin but by their character. So let's judge tea party Joe by his character......

walshfp.jpg

I support every single one of those, with a single caveat. Remove "black" from all of them. They ought to apply to every single American everywhere.

Part of MLK's dream was that people would be judged not by the color of their
skin but by their character. So let's judge tea party Joe by his character......

walshfp.jpg

LOL !!! What drek.

I support every single one of those,
with a single caveat. Remove "black" from all of them. They ought to apply to every single American everywhere.

so ignore the substantial problems that exist in inner city comunities ?

I have a dream that one day politicians will stop using the phrase government plantation and learn that using slavery as a rhetorical device in order to demean black Americans is unacceptable.

My Own Dream for America « Joe Walsh

I'm actually a bit speechless at the moment. I would just as soon leave this sitting here and see how people view what he said. I figure my title is enough of an insight as to my perceptions.

:rofl A dude from North Barrington Illinois telling the black people how they should behave is like a color-blind person telling Benjamin Moore what their color palettes should consist of.

Where the hell did you get that? It's to hold everyone, everywhere, regardless of race, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. to the exact same standards, to have the same expectations of everyone whether they live in the ghetto or in Beverly Hills. We shouldn't ask any more or less of anyone, we should expect the same of everyone.

I may be crazy, but I believe "inner city communities" fall within "everywhere" in america. Furthermore, "inner city communities" aren't JUST made up of black people. Unless you're blatantly now admitting that everytime you say "inner city communities" you're just using code language for "black people".

I have a dream that one day politicians will
stop using the phrase government plantation and learn that using slavery as a rhetorical device in order to demean black Americans is unacceptable.

But the Democrats have a reputation to consider.

I mean how long have they been making promises and using the victim narrative for the exclusive reason to shore up political support ?

Years....decades. And their policies have such abposotive effect on inner city areas.....of wait, no their policies have turned into a massive disaster.

I can appreciate that you would want to denigrade the individual who presented these words because of the perceived and real flaws in his own character and life, however, the "dreams" are not actually bad goals even if many are unrealistic.

The timing and the attempt to associate with MLK is really classless but I won't discount the words solely because of it - many men of poor character say important and meaningful things at times.

To bad black leaders don't share Joe's dream. They are to busy blaming the white man for their problems.

But the Democrats have a reputation to consider.

I mean how long have they been making promises and using the victim narrative for the exclusive reason to shore up political support ?

Years....decades. And their policies have such abposotive effect on inner city areas.....of wait, no their policies have turned into a massive disaster.
Your heartfelt rant changes my sentiment not a bit. Using the history of slavery as a tool to demean black Americans should not be accepted in mainstream society. Period.

I may be crazy, but I believe "inner city
communities" fall within "everywhere" in america. Furthermore, "inner city communities" aren't JUST made up of black people. Unless you're blatantly now admitting that everytime you say "inner city communities" you're just using code language for "black people".

Can we stay in the context of the OP? Because the guy in the OP is speaking in the context of the real problems that the black community is currently dealing with.

Enough people have ignored these issues for long enough don't you think ? Offering up nonsense and justifications that are just a variation of what the majority of people on this thread have written.

And YES, inner city areas like...well Detroit, inner city Kansas City, Atlanta, Chicago, New Orleans etc.

Someone decides to address these issues honestly and the result is for people to comein and marginalize his position.

Look, I realize the Democrats need these voters above all else, even above and beyond the welfare of their constituents, so they'll jump on anyone who doesn't use the victim narrative because he represents a threat.

Hell, what if these people woke up, what if they realized all of the promises were lies, and that they're worse off for listening to them ?

Your heartfelt rant changes my sentiment
not a bit. Using the history of slavery
as a tool to demean black Americans should not be accepted in mainstream society. Period.

It's been used for decades and by the Democrats and what good has it done ?

You're honestly going to feign insult over the description of the Democrat party being a huge plantation but ignore decades of Democrats and their policies that offer way more than just insult. They perpetuate misery, poverty, violence and dependence.

Youv'e got some twisted priorities.

I can't really say that I feel the same. I don't want to see pregnant teen girls and kids in gangs, but I wouldn't put it as he did. But it is upsetting that such topics are only being brought up to attack black people with.

I just saw Bill on Fox talking like MLK would have said this stuff today. I would say that this attitude is getting pretty mainstream.

I support every single one of those, with a single caveat. Remove "black" from all of them. They ought to apply to every single American everywhere.

How ANYONE can look at that "Dream" wish list and be even a little bit upset by it is beyond me. Well...anyone OTHER than a hack committed to ideology over substance. The only change would be as Cephus suggested...it should be a Dream embraced by EVERYONE.

I can't really say that I feel the same. I don't want to see pregnant teen girls and kids in gangs, but I wouldn't put it as he did. But it us real upsetting that such topics are only being brought up to attack black people with.

I just saw Bill on Fox talking like MLK would have said this stuff today. I would say that this attitude is getting pretty mainstream.
Dont suppose you happened to catch Farrakhan's speech at the MMM?

I can appreciate that you would want to denigrade the individual who presented these words because of the perceived and real flaws in his own character and life, however, the "dreams" are not actually bad goals even if many are unrealistic.

The timing and the attempt to associate with MLK is really classless but I won't discount the words solely because of it - many men of poor character say important and meaningful things at times.

That's the issue with things though. How one makes a statement, and ones reputation, do play into how those statements are going to be taken. This is as true in terms of some random jackass with a blog trying to piggy back on the legacy of MLK to twist it into a "harp on blacks and make a political statement" message as it is even on this board. How many times have you seen someone make a comment "Well, if a LIBERAL thinks so and so politician is good then it's OBVIOUS he's a RINO" or something of the sort?

I don't agree with Cephus on much, but he's spot on in terms of some of those things listed. I would hope all parents would get chances to choose which school their kids go to, not just blacks.

I'd hope ALL boys and girls would grow up with a father. Is that an issue within the black community? Sure. Nearly 1 out of every 4 caucasion children ALSO grow up with only one parent. Is that not worthy ALSO "dreaming" changes if the MESSAGE was actually about kids without both parents rather than "Grrr Blacks!" with the father issue just being the ammo for the attack? Ditto for the 53% of native americans, 42% of Hispanics, and even 17% of asians. (Source)

Sure, it's a good message to say you dream of black men not shooting other black men. However, once again, when 84% of whites are killed by other whites wouldn't it be a more worth while dream if it was that young men stop shooting other young men regardless of race? That is, unless your purpose was to attack BLACKS specifically and this issue was just the ammo to do it.

The same goes with a number of these. Take the "high school" issue. Blacks have an 8% dropout rate. Then again, whites (5%) and Asians (4.2%) aren't far off and Hispanics (15.1) and Native Americans (12.4) are even more. SOURCE. Again, is the "message good"...or is the message poor because it's ACTUAL message isn't about high school or murders or parents, but about running down and degrading Blacks specifically?

That's a really good point.

I may be crazy, but I believe "inner city communities" fall within "everywhere" in america. Furthermore, "inner city communities" aren't JUST made up of black people. Unless you're blatantly now admitting that everytime you say "inner city communities" you're just using code language for "black people".

I can't really say that I feel the same. I don't want to see pregnant teen girls and kids in gangs, but I wouldn't put it as he did. But it is upsetting that such topics are only being brought up to attack black people with.

First off, it's not an attack, it's the simple reality in many black communities and blacks like Bill Cosby and Don Lemon have been pointing it out for years. However, that's why I said that we ought to remove "black" from all of the statements and just have the same standards for everyone regardless of skin color.

I can't really say that I feel the same. I don't
want to see pregnant teen girls and kids in gangs, but I wouldn't put it as he did. But it is upsetting that such topics are only being brought up to attack black people with.

But its NOT an attack, it's a sincere and honest description of the problems that are rampant in black communities.

Do I need to post statistics ?

Its a legitimate and much more compassiinate and constructive attempt to address those issues than whats been offered up for decades by the Democrats.

How about we try something new ? Because its obvious whats been tried hasn't worked.

Back
Top Bottom