• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gays rights/womens right..but only for the whites?

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I am new here but this has been bother me...everytime the media blares "women's rights" they only show white women, the same with gays...why does the liberals say they support minorites but never bring them up in any political dicussion? Can the liberals and conservatives give me there opinion on this?

It is because those that scream for tolerance are the last ones to practice what they screech.

First of all, this may simply be because whites are the majority in most areas. If you pick a random womyn or homosexual persyn out of a community, chances are they are white. If you are offended because you don't see a minority in every news story, you have serious problems. And I highly doubt the authors of these news articles did it to show white supremacy either.

Second, it's not like minorities never appear on television. I've personally seen plenty of minorities on women's or homosexuals' rights stories. Either way, it only becomes a derogatory statement once people make it into one.

I agree with you libertarian, but for the last person wright, so I am wrong for wanting to see more minorities repesented in the media besides in a bad way..whites are the majority, that is a racist comment to me...says who? Feminism is a control agenda, the only people shown in the mainstreamed feminism is middle class white women, they dont speak for the TRUE feminists out there like independant feminists like myself... my point is they control alot of things now and yet still complain because they want more and more they are becoming like the men they claim objectivy them..same with gays, this is why I dont like interest groups because they want to control the system as victims like because of whatever they have it hard, I would understand if the homeless, or native americans said these things but not middle class white women and gays who control the democratic party and want more because they are greedy and selfish

torch said:
but for the last person wright, so I am wrong for wanting to see more minorities repesented in the media besides in a bad way..whites are the majority, that is a racist comment to me...says who?

Says the U.S. Census Bureau from 2005. According to their studies, 77.1% of the U.S. population is white. Here's a Wikipedia article that proves this. And no, I didn't mean whites are the majority as in whites are superior. My post was meant in a purely statistical manner.

It's like affirmative action for college acceptances. Surely, if you really wanted to statistically represent the United States you'd have 77.1% of the people in news articles white, 12.3% of them black, etc... so why artificially superimpose minorities into news stories just to tell people "Hey, there are other people in America who are gay and aren't white!"?

jpwright said:
Says the U.S. Census Bureau from 2005. According to their studies, 77.1% of the U.S. population is white. Here's a Wikipedia article that proves this. And no, I didn't mean whites are the majority as in whites are superior. My post was meant in a purely statistical manner.

It's like affirmative action for college acceptances. Surely, if you really wanted to statistically represent the United States you'd have 77.1% of the people in news articles white, 12.3% of them black, etc... so why artificially superimpose minorities into news stories just to tell people "Hey, there are other people in America who are gay and aren't white!"?

Perhaps one story would be accurate, but I haven't seen any...

Libertarian said:
Worldwide Caucasians are minorities.

That is so true, and something that a lot of people don't realize...

Libertarian said:
It is because those that scream for tolerance are the last ones to practice what they screech.

Nice one bro I completely agree :rofl

I understand that worldwide the statistics are very different, and if I wanted to talk about homosexual rights and womens rights from a worldwide point of view, I wouldn't have linked to information from the U.S. Census Bureau.

torch said:
I am new here but this has been bother me...everytime the media blares "women's rights" they only show white women, the same with gays...why does the liberals say they support minorites but never bring them up in any political dicussion? Can the liberals and conservatives give me there opinion on this?

I can't speak for the media or who they choose to show in their "film at 11", or who they choose to quote in their sound bites, but progressive groups tend not to isolate individuals among their membership by focusing on their race, religion, gender, etc., unless there is a compelling reason to do so. Progressives prefer to think of people as people, not in terms of the color or shape of their skin.

You should perhaps be asking, where is the diversity under the GOP's so-called "big tent", aside from a few ranting token minority dupes? And what has the GOP done lately (i.e., since Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation) to make it easier for minorities in this country to participate fully in America's wealth and potential?

jpwright said:

Funny you mentioned AA, affirmative actions isn't to help minorities, but help the group that isn't doing so well.... look at asians.. AA isn't helping them..

also, could it possibly be that white people are just more gay? :lol:

j/k..

gays are a minority, and minorities are minorities, so it's gotta be had to find that 12% out of that 2.5%.

Oprah is a powerful independent woman who definitely speaks out for the rights of women all the time. She has built an empire on her name. How you can say the media doesn't show black women supporting women's rights is beyond me. Not only is Oprah a strong black independent woman she is regarded as one of the most influencial women in the media. And what about Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice? Does she not appear to you to be a strong black independent woman who supports women's rights. Your claim is ridiculous and misguided.

As for the gay/lesbian issue? Gays and Lesbians are just starting to break in to the media. I'm sure in time there will be plenty of black homosexuals in the media. The one sister on the L word is portrayed as a black independent feminist lesbian? So there's an example right there.

I think you might be seeing problems where there are none.

Back
Top Bottom