• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gays Now Supporting Trump

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I know...*coughbull****cough* this because Washington Examiner reported *coughdrivelcough* on the posts from THREE reddit *coughanonymouscough* users!

Also, on an semi-related note, can someone - anyone - please tell me how the use of the term "islamic terrorism" or "islamic jihad" would alter the US policy/response towards these terrorist attacks?

I know...*coughbull****cough* this because Washington Examiner reported *coughdrivelcough* on the posts from THREE reddit *coughanonymouscough* users!

Also, on an semi-related note, can someone - anyone - please tell me how the use of the term "islamic terrorism" or "islamic jihad" would alter the US policy/response towards these terrorist attacks?

It doesn't alter any motive. It's just being honest and calling a spade a spade. Some people have the balls to do it, some don't. Some people don't want to hurt someone else's little feelings.

It doesn't alter any motive. It's just being honest and calling a spade a spade. Some people have the balls to do it, some don't. Some people don't want to hurt someone else's little feelings.

I don't care about motive. I am asking about policy. How does the US policy alter after you label it "properly?"

I don't care about motive. I am asking about policy. How does the US policy alter after you label it "properly?"

I'm not sure. Maybe we focus our domestic efforts more on Islam? I really don't know which is best. IMO, we need to end this PC bs and admit that radical islam is a VERY serious problem, and caused many recent attacks in the US and abroad.

Also IMO, we should be investing much more in intelligence services and I&S communities.

If you had had your head firmly planted in the RWNM for the last 8 years you would understand exactly why the most import thing in the war on terror is saying "radical Islamic terrorist" every time something bad happens.

If you had had your head firmly planted in the RWNM for the last 8 years you would understand exactly why the most import thing in the war on terror is saying "radical Islamic terrorist" every time something bad happens.

Or is it intentionally avoiding it for 8 years? Let me ask you; when filling out a field operations LMO, do you say "Islamic terrorist" or "terrorist"?

The manual says to be specific

Why is that important to you?
Or is it intentionally avoiding it for 8 years? Let me ask you; when filling out a field operations LMO, do you say "Islamic terrorist" or "terrorist"?

The manual says to be specific

Why is that important to you?

Because it's truthful. Islamic radicals are a huge problem. Not Christian, not Jewish, Hindu...etc.

Honesty is why it's important. If tens of thousands of Jesus lovers were blowing themselves up in the name of Jesus, we'd say "Dang, we got a serious problem with those Christian radicals".

It's leaving the political correctness phobia.

Sack up, America

Much like the left who are afraid to use the term at all.

After all, we all know Fort Hood was work place violence right?

Malvo was just misunderstood and needed some plinking time to sharpen up.

San Bernadino shooters were just unhappy about the California lettuce crop last year, or the typical traffic problems.

9/11 was just bad piloting?

None of this follows merely being politically incorrect. I think the RWers just want to be sophomoric and call people offensive names and use catchy terms. Seems silly to me.
Much like the left who are afraid to use the term at all.

After all, we all know Fort Hood was work place violence right?

Malvo was just misunderstood and needed some plinking time to sharpen up.

San Bernadino shooters were just unhappy about the California lettuce crop last year, or the typical traffic problems.

9/11 was just bad piloting?

None of this follows merely being politically incorrect. I think the RWers just want to be sophomoric and call people offensive names and use catchy terms. Seems silly to me.

That's pretty immature.

You're rejecting the anti-PC and saying that they just want to use mean words to hurt people's feelings. That's just sad, man.

Likely how calling these things mass shootings instead of mass murders alters the us policy/response towards these things. Come on now, you know language is a tool to affect public perception and will which then hopefully bleeds into legislation.

You must be skipping over all the LW people doing the exact same thing.

Gun nutters
Homophobes
Racists

You know the game...................stop playing ignorant.

Likely how calling these things mass shootings instead of mass murders alters the us policy/response towards these things. Come on now, you know language is a tool to affect public perception and will which then hopefully bleeds into legislation.

I do know that the words have power and could lead to additional legislation or policy. I am asking for those specfics - would the term be used to justify additional monitoring of mosques? To support carpet bombing? To support torture of the perpetrator's family members?

My guess is most are simply hoping initially for an expansion of awareness and concern. Sure the vast majority of law abiding gun own...err Muslim...to do wrong and harm lots of people.

Like most attempts to degrade constituonal power, the first step is simply conditioning and desensitizing the population from the idea that they should care about those rights and that we need to get the government more involved in squelching them in the name of security. The tactic is the same, and that social impact is always the first step and goal.

recognizing and acknowledging what the enemy is where the hate motivations come from etc .. is imperative when forming policy on how to deal with it.

Seems odd you get it when it is conservatives...
You must be skipping over all the LW people doing the exact same thing.

Gun nutters
Homophobes
Racists

You know the game...................stop playing ignorant.

Not all of us.

Don't blame me. I voted for Rubio.

recognizing and acknowledging what the enemy is where the hate motivations come from etc .. is imperative when forming policy on how to deal with it.

This is a bait thread. The OP created a thread about Trump and the gay community and flamed it with irrelevance. They are attempting to understand why it's important to tell the truth. However, liberals know nothing of the sort.

Maybe Trump can trot the three of them out and ask us "Do you see my gays over there?" like he pointed out his African-American.

Maybe Trump can trot the three of them out and ask us "Do you see my gays over there?" like he pointed out his African-American.

Has he pointed out his Mexican yet? :lamo

Liberals just want to deny reality. Don't want to hurt anybody feelings, unless of course, they vote republican.

To be honest, I don't see how the Democrats can justly say they support or stand with the LGBT community when they won't even recognize this was an act of terror done by ISIS/ISIS inspired instead of milking it to advocate for reduced gun rights.

Back
Top Bottom