• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gays Discriminated Against More than Muslims or Blacks

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
"In a 2011 analysis of FBI hate-crime statistics, the Southern Poverty Law Center found that “LGBT people are more than twice as likely to be the target of a violent hate-crime than Jews or black people,” said Mark Potok, a senior fellow at the center. Because the population of LGBT Americans is relatively small, and the number of hate crimes against that group is significant, LGBT individuals face a higher risk than other groups of being the victim of an attack. “They are more than four times as likely as Muslims, and almost 14 times as likely as Latinos,” Potok added. Sexual orientation motivated roughly 20 percent of hate crimes in 2013, according to the FBI."

The Orlando Attacks and the Common Violence Against LGBT People in the United States - The Atlantic

Will all the people complaining about Islamophobia and racism against blacks now be more concerned about homophobia? Doubt it.

I don't think you have been paying attention.

I don't think you have been paying attention.

I have been, that's why I'm disturbed.

Gays are more than 4 times as likely to be assaulted for who they are than Muslims, yet 99% of liberals will be back to jabbering about the harsh woes of Islamophobia again in a week.

Meanwhile, attacks on gays will continue and you'll be mum about it.

Back
Top Bottom