• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gays beware

Ari

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
George Takei is funny ****, although I didn't like him on Star Trek. Seriously, it just wasn't his best work. That aside, this video pretty much sums it all up with the closing argument; those who oppose marriage equality just don't know that they're being a**holes. They can roll around the world, spouting out Naturalist Fallacies and trying to appeal to tradition or religion, but it all comes down to your personal dislike for them. You're not sticking up for your religious tenants, or the good of society, or the way it's supposed to be,.. your just an a**hole, whether you can accept it or not. If someone tried to regulate your marriages, you'd call them a**holes, too. Stupid people.

Ha, I've seen this before, it's really funny.

nice ass grab at the end

Has anyone tried playing the video, then had it say "Embedding disabled by request Watch on YouTube"?

Sith'ari.

That pwns.

George Takei is funny ****, although I didn't like him on Star Trek. Seriously, it just wasn't his best work. That aside, this video pretty much sums it all up with the closing argument; those who oppose marriage equality just don't know that they're being a**holes. They can roll around the world, spouting out Naturalist Fallacies and trying to appeal to tradition or religion, but it all comes down to your personal dislike for them. You're not sticking up for your religious tenants, or the good of society, or the way it's supposed to be,.. your just an a**hole, whether you can accept it or not. If someone tried to regulate your marriages, you'd call them a**holes, too. Stupid people.
All of this is absolutely false.

Please refer to this post for a more accurate presentation of why mentally and emotionally intelligent and unbiased people oppose the oxymoronic "gay marriage", oppose the use of the word "marriage" applied to SS couples: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaking-news-mainstream-media/172031-gay-marriage-americas-house-may-not-stay-divided-long-w-29-210-a-53.html#post1062299028.

After watching that for some odd reason as I was reading your post I could have sworn I heard Takei saying it.....weird....lol

All of this is absolutely false.

Please refer to this post for a more accurate presentation of why mentally and emotionally intelligent and unbiased people oppose the oxymoronic "gay marriage", oppose the use of the word "marriage" applied to SS couples: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaking-news-mainstream-media/172031-gay-marriage-americas-house-may-not-stay-divided-long-w-29-210-a-53.html#post1062299028.

there is same sex marriage, it's the same as any other marriage, sorry.

there is same sex marriage, it's the same as any other marriage, sorry.
Absolutely false.

Mistakes of application are simply that: mistakes.

No amount of mistakes has the power to rightly and accurately redefine, in this case, the word "marriage", which means and has always meant "between a man and a woman as husband and wife".

SS-couples' committed romantic domestic partnership civil unions are rightly called "homosexual marriage" or "homarriage" or the like ..

.. But not "marriage".

It really is that simple.

Absolutely false.

No amount of mistakes has the power to rightly and accurately redefine, in this case, the word "marriage", which means and has always meant "between a man and a woman as husband and wife".

SS-couples' committed romantic domestic partnership civil unions are rightly called "homosexual marriage" or "homarriage" or the like ..

.. But not "marriage".

gay marriage is marriage.

Absolutely false.

.. But not "marriage".

It is up to the couple not you.

WTF is definitive propriety:roll:
It is the respect for words and their true meaning as a foundational tool of accurate communication.

I explained that in previous posts.

Go back and read them.

It is the respect for words and their true meaning as a foundational tool of accurate communication.

Go back and read them.

simply because you believe something is true, don't necessarily make it so.

The basic premise that marriage has always been ONLY between one man and one woman is not a true statement. There have been many variations of ceremonially-blessed joinings of lovers. A lack of historic knowledge does appear to be the source of many false beliefs.

Incomprehensible, and thus meaningless.

You can't comprehend? I can spell it out. Society accepts the definition of marriage that includes same sex partners.
You posted this

" It is up to society respecting definitive propriety."

I think society has done just that, you are just angry that it is the opposite of what you want.

Sorry, your definition is the one that is wrong by societal propriety.

Go back and read them.

When I introduce my husband, people know what i am saying. So it seems that the definition does include same sex couples.

simply because you believe something is true, don't necessarily make it so.
Right back at you.

In this case, however, what I'm saying is true, and obviously so.

The basic premise that marriage has always been ONLY between one man and one woman is not a true statement
False, obviously.

Your attempt to obfuscate with subterfuge is rejected.

There have been many variations of ceremonially-blessed joinings of lovers.
Some of which were not rightly called "marriage".

A lack of historic knowledge does appear to be the source of many false beliefs.
A good reminder for you.

Back
Top Bottom