• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gay Voters Flocking To GOP: 45% of Gay Men Say They Will Vote For Trump

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Looks like the Democratic Party is losing its hold on several minority groups.

Trump is winning Hispanics in Florida, and now, according to a new survey conducted by an LGBTQ app, 45% of gay men say they are planning on voting for Trump in November.

Though Most LGBTQs Vote Democratic, New Poll Shows 45% of Queer Men Backing Trump

"A recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden."

Bahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. God damn, the idiot Trump cultists have always been delusional, but you seriously think half of American homosexuals are voting for Trump?? :lamo lol, ah, to be completely unburdened by reality.

Do you think the poll is fake?

Lol, no offense, but you seem to be the delusional one here.

I've got a poll backing up the data.

You also don't seem to live here, so I'm not sure how you would have any clue.

Do you think the poll is fake?

Lol, no offense, but you seem to be the delusional one here.

I've got a poll backing up the data.

Yes, I do think your cherry picked poll is wrong. Please though, by all means keep thinking you have this in the bag. I heard 84% of black people will vote Trump this time too!

Yes, I do think your cherry picked poll is wrong. Please though, by all means keep thinking you have this in the bag. I heard 84% of black people will vote Trump this time too!

Do you have another poll with data that contradicts this?

I'm being sincere.

BTW do you happen to get your political information about our country via CNN? :mrgreen:

Trump is winning Hispanics in Florida, and now, according to a new survey conducted by an LGBTQ app, 45% of gay men say they are planning on voting for Trump in November.

Though Most LGBTQs Vote Democratic, New Poll Shows 45% of Queer Men Backing Trump

"A recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden."

51-45 is basically the race. The real news here --- there is no difference between the gay vote and straight vote.

From Article:

"..... recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

The poll's results fall very close to recent national polling showing 50 percent of voters supporting Biden and 43 percent supporting Trump...."

Not sure why you started a thread without something to say, but apparently you have.

Meanwhile, Trump is NOT winning the Hispanic vote in Florida, he down by 4 points (which, again is how much he is behind in FL). Trump is merely doing much better in the Hispanic vote in Florida than he did in 2016. His improvement here substantially masks the huge slide he has had in the senior vote.

BTW. Trump is losing. Your hopeless optimism is cute, nonetheless.

Last edited:
51-45 is basically the race. The real news here --- there is no difference between the gay vote and straight vote.

From Article:

"..... recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

Lol what are you arguing?

If gay men are voting the same way as straight men, this is extremely bad news for Biden.

The percentage of gay men who voted for Trump in 2016 was in the high teens.

What the hell? How can this possibly be Newsweek? I clicked around and it seems to legitimately be the actual Newsweek publication...how low has this publication gone? The article barely makes sense and it calls gay men "queers". I dont care what that Hornet app uses, Newsweek would still never use it in a headline. WTF? This paragraph makes no sense at all and it's poorly written.

When user responses were broken out continentally, the majority of queer men on every continent supported Biden more than Trump by margins of 54 to 25 percent.

Why are men on other continents supporting either? And I 'continentally' is barely even a word. One would write, 'broken out by continent.'

It's like some poorly educated, rightie idiot snuck his own article into their site.

This is like Newsweek in the Bizarro world.

It's just my observation, I'm not interested in arguing it. Dont worry Reuben, I'm not stalking you.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Jesus give it up Reuben.

One poll doesn't mean anything : Trump's still behind in every demographic except angry white dudes with beer guts and red hats.

Out of the 1,200 gay men in America polled, 45% or about 540 of them outright said they would vote for Trump, out of aprox. 200,000,000 Americans who are of voting age, or .00027% of the total population of Americans who can vote.

I wouldn't claim victory over the gay vote just yet.

Side note: the Hornet social media site where this polled was taken from is for gay men. However, if you type in "hornets, republicans" into google, you get the following website: Hornet’s Nest Republican Men.

I wonder, if perhaps, there might have been some confusion by the men of GOP men's club and the gay social media site.... :p

Jesus give it up Reuben.

One poll doesn't mean anything : Trump's still behind in every demographic except angry white dudes with beer guts and red hats.

It's not even a poll, it's a survey of a closet gay men's hookup app. Of course there's a lot of closeted MAGAA™ men lookin' for the hookup behind the wife's back! :lamo

Wow Rueben, that desperate? :screwy

giphy.gif

#Walkaway was originally an LGBT thing. This doesn't surprise me.

Do you have another poll with data that contradicts this?

I'm being sincere.

BTW do you happen to get your political information about our country via CNN? :mrgreen:

I know for the same reason that I know black people wouldn't vote for David Duke in any substantial numbers.

Why would homosexuals vote for a party that thinks they're subhuman and don't deserve the same rights straight people have?

I know for the same reason that I know black people wouldn't vote for David Duke in any substantial numbers.

Why would homosexuals vote for a party that thinks they're subhuman and don't deserve the same rights straight people have?

Because the Republican party sucks

I'm sure this is going to really swing the election.

From your OP article:

The poll, conducted by the queer men's social app Hornet, actually asked 10,000 of its users worldwide about their preferred presidential candidate. But while 66 percent of worldwide users supported Biden and 34 percent supported Trump, the percentages among U.S. men were much closer

Yeah, ok. What is "Hornet" and how statistically relevant are its poll results? 45% of any minority supporting trump sounds highly unlikely.

Last edited:

Because many older people don't care what other people 'think' of them and are concerned with more than their sexuality. The Dems shouldn't count on being the 'shoo-in' party for homosexuals.
They also realize that not all of the Republican party 'thinks' that way.

Just sayin

From your OP article:

Yeah, ok. What is "Hornet" and how statistically relevant are its poll results? 45% of any minority supporting trump sounds highly unlikely.

Someone's trying to tell us something.

Because the Republican party sucks

Finally we agree on something. The democrats suck too but Republicans actively want to oppress homosexuals.

Because many older people don't care what other people 'think' of them and are concerned with more than their sexuality. The Dems shouldn't count on being the 'shoo-in' party for homosexuals.
They also realize that not all of the Republican party 'thinks' that way.

Just sayin

It has nothing to do with what people "think", the Republican party has denying rights to homosexuals in their party platform and they actively attempt to oppress them every chance they get.

Why would anybody vote for a party that thinks they're an abomination and undeserving of basic human rights?

Finally we agree on something. The democrats suck too but Republicans actively want to oppress homosexuals.

It has nothing to do with what people "think", the Republican party has denying rights to homosexuals in their party platform and they actively attempt to oppress them every chance they get.

Why would anybody vote for a party that thinks they're an abomination and undeserving of basic human rights?

I already answered that.

What in their party's current platform is denying homosexuals their rights?

I'm just saying that to take certain groups voting preferences for granted is foolish, as we saw in 2016.

I already answered that.

What in their party's current platform is denying homosexuals their rights?

I'm just saying that to take certain groups voting preferences for granted is foolish, as we saw in 2016.

We'll start simple then, Republicans reject the right for homosexuals to marry. It's in their platform, it's what they're actively trying to stop. They also want sodomy banned, meaning homosexuals wouldn't even be able to have sex in a Republican run country.

If the Republican party was against black people being able to get married do you think many black people would vote for them? No, people tend to vote in their own self interest.

We'll start simple then, Republicans reject the right for homosexuals to marry. It's in their platform, it's what they're actively trying to stop. They also want sodomy banned, meaning homosexuals wouldn't even be able to have sex in a Republican run country.

If the Republican party was against black people being able to get married do you think many black people would vote for them? No, people tend to vote in their own self interest.

What if they don't want to get married? It's not the most important thing in everyone's life goals.

Sodomy is already banned in many states (old laws never enforced) and that doesn't stop anyone from having sex.

Listen, I get it. The Dems are the more friendly party for gays. I was surprised that so many are actually Republican. I was shocked that a family member of mine was such a Trump supporter. But guess what, his right to marry was not on the top of his list of most important reasons to vote. His being able to support his family and the safety of his kids were.

The difference in your reference with blacks, is that gays come in all colors. You can't identify someone as being gay by the color of their skin. And many older people don't shout out "I'm Gay!" because their private life is just like many straights...private.

Bahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. God damn, the idiot Trump cultists have always been delusional, but you seriously think half of American homosexuals are voting for Trump?? :lamo lol, ah, to be completely unburdened by reality.

Just Walkaway

What the hell? How can this possibly be Newsweek? I clicked around and it seems to legitimately be the actual Newsweek publication...how low has this publication gone? The article barely makes sense and it calls gay men "queers". I dont care what that Hornet app uses, Newsweek would still never use it in a headline. WTF? This paragraph makes no sense at all and it's poorly written.

Why are men on other continents supporting either? And I 'continentally' is barely even a word. One would write, 'broken out by continent.'

It's like some poorly educated, rightie idiot snuck his own article into their site.

This is like Newsweek in the Bizarro world.

It's just my observation, I'm not interested in arguing it. Dont worry Reuben, I'm not stalking you.

So, you're saying that there is such a thing as fake news?

Back
Top Bottom