• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gay Voters Flocking To GOP: 45% of Gay Men Say They Will Vote For Trump

Looks like the Democratic Party is losing its hold on several minority groups.

Trump is winning Hispanics in Florida, and now, according to a new survey conducted by an LGBTQ app, 45% of gay men say they are planning on voting for Trump in November.

Though Most LGBTQs Vote Democratic, New Poll Shows 45% of Queer Men Backing Trump

"A recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden."
What is Queer??

Opt in internet polls are worthless, and it doesn't matter if it's from Fox News or MSNBC or Hornet. This one is a double whammy bad because it starts with a poll of Hornet users, which might be a representative sample of all gay men in the U.S. but that's highly doubtful. And the opt-in feature just makes the poll even less meaningful. So what the poll showed is, "45% of Hornet users who might or might not be Gay Men but who responded to a poll on a gay/bi/curious dating site Say They Will Vote For Trump"

That is somewhat interesting, I guess, but it's certainly not a poll of "gay men" and their voting preferences any more than a poll on DP represents the voting preferences of the U.S. as a whole.

I'm not vouching that this poll is 100% scientific.

But there does seem to be a trend in Trump's direction. Especially as Trump now has two gay White House advisors.

Trump is winning Hispanics in Florida, and now, according to a new survey conducted by an LGBTQ app, 45% of gay men say they are planning on voting for Trump in November.

Though Most LGBTQs Vote Democratic, New Poll Shows 45% of Queer Men Backing Trump

"A recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden."

I would really like to know who these gay people are that said they would vote for the "Oh Fake Pumpkin" because this is not believable in the least.

I know the person that started the "Walk Away" movement from the Democrat party is gay. I can't recall his name but he recently was accosted by leftists at a BLM so called protest and has posted about it recently. With Democrats everything is based on gender, race, sexual orientation etc. . When someone bucks them in any of those categories they are attack. Any black, or person of color, certain sexual identities that comes out is support of Trump is attacked.

I know the person that started the "Walk Away" movement from the Democrat party is gay. I can't recall his name but he recently was accosted by leftists at a BLM so called protest and has posted about it recently. With Democrats everything is based on gender, race, sexual orientation etc. . When someone bucks them in any of those categories they are attack. Any black, or person of color, certain sexual identities that comes out is support of Trump is attacked.

His name is Brandon Straka and the movement is not a real grassroots movement. I remember reading Russian bots were used to manipulate people into thinking it was popular when it's not. Plus, dude took money from that InfoWars guy Alex Jones. It's complete garbage.

“To hold up this poll as evidence that the LGBTQ community is somewhat split on its support for the presidential candidates is like someone saying the users of Farmers Only represent the ideological spectrum of all farmers or that Christian Mingle users represent the ideological spectrum of all Christians,” Turcotte said. “To tout a Hornet poll as evidence of LGBTQ support for Trump is clickbaity, sloppy journalism.”

I have a lot of Gay Friends. I don't know one that is voting for Trump.

According to Morning Consult tracking of the 2020 contest, Biden has led Trump among LGBTQ voters nationwide by an average of 43 percentage points, 63 percent to 20 percent, since polling conducted the week after his March 3 Super Tuesday victories, with figures largely unchanged over 15 surveys. In the latest poll, conducted June 15-21 among more than 30,000 registered voters, Biden led Trump with the demographic by 45 points, 64 percent to 19 percent. (Among all voters, the survey found Biden leads Trump, 47 percent to 39 percent, with a 1-point margin of error.)

That was
According to Morning Consult tracking of the 2020 contest, Biden has led Trump among LGBTQ voters nationwide by an average of 43 percentage points, 63 percent to 20 percent, since polling conducted the week after his March 3 Super Tuesday victories, with figures largely unchanged over 15 surveys. In the latest poll, conducted June 15-21 among more than 30,000 registered voters, Biden led Trump with the demographic by 45 points, 64 percent to 19 percent. (Among all voters, the survey found Biden leads Trump, 47 percent to 39 percent, with a 1-point margin of error.)

That poll was conducted in June.

What I find more interesting is that credible polls are pointing out that Trump is losing support amongst White Voters, specifically in key swing states.

Uptower, this post is extremely convoluted.

One statement has nothing to do with the next.

If there is movement towards a Trump, in any way, it’s news, I’m sure you get that.

You and your peers have had no problem advertising every last bit of movement towards Biden, for the past three months. Down to every last poll that was released.

Now you are having a hissy fit because there is movement towards Trump, and you don’t want to hear about it.

The Biden campaign’s whole strategy has been to hide Joe, disguise the fact that he is not all there, and bank on the idea that everyone will vote against Trump.

This is a house of cards just waiting to collapse.
I'm not sure this is a "movement towards Trump". For one thing, you haven't compared this poll to any previous poll of gay men to document any movement at all. For all we know, 45% of gay men have always supported Trump. This is not a scientifically conducted poll, which is why some have attacked it as not legitimate. However, I don't know of any scientific poll that have ever been taken of gay men's preferences in any political election, so this is all we've got. We do know that there have always been gay men who are Republicans. The Log Cabin Republicans have been around for a long time.

The most relevant part of the OP article (including another link) was buried at the bottom...

"Hornet's male users may not reflect the larger LGBTQ community which largely votes Democrat, and LGBTQ voters may have soured on Trump having seen his administration's handling of queer issues.

Recent polling also suggests that most LGBTQ voters will oppose Trump. A June 2020 poll of more than 30,000 registered voters conducted by the technology company Morning Consult found that 53 percent of LGBTQ-identified voters favored Biden and only 20 percent favored Trump."

That was

That poll was conducted in June.
Gay men are not all of the LBGT crowd. There are also gay women and trans. One rather questionable poll isn't representative of the larger community.

I'm not sure this is a "movement towards Trump". For one thing, you haven't compared this poll to any previous poll of gay men to document any movement at all. For all we know, 45% of gay men have always supported Trump. This is not a scientifically conducted poll, which is why some have attacked it as not legitimate. However, I don't know of any scientific poll that have ever been taken of gay men's preferences in any political election, so this is all we've got. We do know that there have always been gay men who are Republicans. The Log Cabin Republicans have been around for a long time.

It's not that the poll isn't "legitimate" but that it doesn't tell us anything except the expressed preferences of some users of a gay hookup app who decided to answer the opt in poll. It doesn't even tell us the preferences of users of Hornet, much less the overall population of LGBT. Think of the polls on DP. It doesn't represent the views of DP at all, but those users who go to the "Polls" forum, and decide to answer that poll. That's all this "poll" does, in a nutshell, which isn't much. It is clickbait, though, which is the polls most valuable role.

Perhaps you should read more than the headline? From your source...

"Of the 1,200 men living in the United States, 49 percent said that they do not support Trump at all and 11 percent said they disagree with him on most issues. Nine percent said they agree with Trump on some issues and disagree with him on others. Only 27 percent of U.S.-based respondents said they either mostly or fully supported Trump."

However, 10 percent of the U.S. men who said they "do not support [Trump] at all" said that they will vote for him regardless.

Perhaps you should read more than the headline? From your source...

"Of the 1,200 men living in the United States, 49 percent said that they do not support Trump at all and 11 percent said they disagree with him on most issues. Nine percent said they agree with Trump on some issues and disagree with him on others. Only 27 percent of U.S.-based respondents said they either mostly or fully supported Trump."

However, 10 percent of the U.S. men who said they "do not support [Trump] at all" said that they will vote for him regardless.
I don't get how they could claim to not support Trump, but will vote for him. It looks to me like they're trying to avoid responsibility for their actions.

This is about the dumbest thing I have read....45% of gay men support Trump? LOL yea, and pigs have wings....

Back
Top Bottom