• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gay Voters Flocking To GOP: 45% of Gay Men Say They Will Vote For Trump

When did the term "Queer" become acceptable? I must be getting old or something.

I do not depend on single polls. By "give it up" it means stop getting excited about every little bump that comes from some far flung corner. Trump may win the EC again but it is a myth that he's broadly popular. His base is solidly old and white with a handful of Cuban exiles in Florida and the odd black or gay dude. That is not going to change and it will never be enough to win the popular vote.

By all means keep your belief and vote for who's best for you but stop pretending more people are coming on board. trump will lose the popular vote by at least the same margin as last time.

Also look up using Christ's name in vain. That word, I do not think it means what you think it means...

Uptower, this post is extremely convoluted.

One statement has nothing to do with the next.

If there is movement towards a Trump, in any way, it’s news, I’m sure you get that.

You and your peers have had no problem advertising every last bit of movement towards Biden, for the past three months. Down to every last poll that was released.

Now you are having a hissy fit because there is movement towards Trump, and you don’t want to hear about it.

The Biden campaign’s whole strategy has been to hide Joe, disguise the fact that he is not all there, and bank on the idea that everyone will vote against Trump.

This is a house of cards just waiting to collapse.

Lol what are you arguing?

If gay men are voting the same way as straight men, this is extremely bad news for Biden.

The percentage of gay men who voted for Trump in 2016 was in the high teens.

....I guess that partly offsets the seniors and college educated suburban women that are lost to Trump. Then again, the gay vote is a small subset of the overall vote, with gay men being a subset of that. I don't think winning 100% of the gay men vote or 0% will tip the scales too much. Trump still owns the uneducated white male vote. It stands to reason if that uneducated white male is gay, he is likely a Trump voter.

We can all see the overall number. While its fun to drill down, it adds up to the number we all see 51-45 overall. Its not good for Trump. His reelection, though possible, remains highly unlikely.

Last edited:
until about 10 years ago it was a respected magazine, then it went online. I remember in around 2002-2003 when I was working in Hong Kong: it was a long minibus ride home so I'd grab two cans of beer and a Newsweek from the convenience store on the way.

....I guess that partly offsets the seniors and college educated suburban women that are lost to Trump. We can all see the overall number. While its fun to drill down, it adds up to the number we all see 51-45 overall. Its not good for Trump. His reelection, though possible, remains highly unlikely.

You seem like an intelligent guy, so I’m sure you realize that the numbers are trending towards Trump.

Which is the point of this thread.

Rasmussen now has Trump leading nationally by 1 point, and that is a more reliable poll than this poll conducted by a gay app.

Whether Trump is able to pull off a win, we don’t know.

But remember that four years ago, Stanford gave Hillary a 99% chance of winning the election.

Jesus give it up Reuben.

One poll doesn't mean anything : Trump's still behind in every demographic except angry white dudes with beer guts and red hats.

Donald Trump worshipers know they have nothing to justify his candidacy and do this kind of crap to make up for it.

If there is movement towards a Trump, in any way, it’s news, I’m sure you get that.

You and your peers have had no problem advertising every last bit of movement towards Biden, for the past three months. Down to every last poll that was released.

Now you are having a hissy fit because there is movement towards Trump, and you don’t want to hear about it.

No I'm just saying don;t get excited about one obscure post. You've been doing it a lot recently, but you can get a better picture looking at aggregate polls from places like FiveThirtyEight and 270toWin - they gather all the polls in a table so you can see where it's coming from.

I agree it's 'news' but I'm not sure it's 'newsworthy'. And don't read too much into it - he's not broadly gaining in popularity.

Donald Trump worshipers know they have nothing to justify his candidacy and do this kind of crap to make up for it.

Sorry, are you calling a survey of gay voters crap?

Funny how liberals lose their entire moral compass when a minority group doesn’t fit their political agenda.

Lol also funny how you use the word “worshippers” as some kind of insult.

We actually like our candidate.

Not our VP, our Presidential candidate.

This most likely seems foreign to you.

I’d suggest reading the last paragraph in the article. A study with 30 times the participants found support for Trump to be a meager 20%.

I would suggest reading it as well.

That survey was conducted in June.

No I'm just saying don;t get excited about one obscure post. You've been doing it a lot recently, but you can get a better picture looking at aggregate polls from places like FiveThirtyEight and 270toWin - they gather all the polls in a table so you can see where it's coming from.

I agree it's 'news' but I'm not sure it's 'newsworthy'. And don't read too much into it - he's not broadly gaining in popularity.

Sorry, I don’t believe that any of this is sincere.

Especially dismissing RCP and suggesting that 538 is more accurate lol. And the amount of anger I see coming from the left about this poll.

You all are breaking down because momentum is moving in Trump’s direction. And, at this point, I don’t think you care one bit about any minority group, unless they help your electoral map.

You haven’t said a word for the past three months about liberal posters jumping on every single Quinnipiac and YouGuv poll released.

And you express concerns when polls are trending the other direction.

This is nothing but hypocritical bluster, disguised as political neutrality.

Looks like the Democratic Party is losing its hold on several minority groups.

Trump is winning Hispanics in Florida, and now, according to a new survey conducted by an LGBTQ app, 45% of gay men say they are planning on voting for Trump in November.

Though Most LGBTQs Vote Democratic, New Poll Shows 45% of Queer Men Backing Trump

"A recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden."
White males, of course.

OH, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! This is the END for Biden!!!!!

It must be a self-hating gay man who wants to vote for Trump because Trump would happily throw LGBT to the wolves to please his bigoted MAGAites.

Trump is winning Hispanics in Florida, and now, according to a new survey conducted by an LGBTQ app, 45% of gay men say they are planning on voting for Trump in November.

Though Most LGBTQs Vote Democratic, New Poll Shows 45% of Queer Men Backing Trump

"A recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden."

Trump is winning Hispanics in Florida? Biden leads the Latino vote 53% to 37%, so Biden has 16% more Latino votes so winning Hispanics is total nonsense.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/joe-biden-florida-hispanic-voters-poll-408711

And gay men are still white men a group that Trump is doing well under. They may sleep with other men but they are still mostly white men so it is not miraculous that they are not shying away from voting for a total gay rights hater in Trump/Pence.

Trump is winning Hispanics in Florida? Biden leads the Latino vote 53% to 37%, so Biden has 16% more Latino votes so winning Hispanics is total nonsense.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/joe-biden-florida-hispanic-voters-poll-408711

And gay men are still white men a group that Trump is doing well under. They may sleep with other men but they are still mostly white men so it is not miraculous that they are not shying away from voting for a total gay rights hater in Trump/Pence.
You just can't fix racist and stupid.

Trump is ahead with 'Uneducated White Men' He is behind with whites in general. You can try and spin it however you want, Trump is behind overall, quite a bit.

It must be a self-hating gay man who wants to vote for Trump because Trump would happily throw LGBT to the wolves to please his bigoted MAGAites.
Hop into a time machine and come back to the year 2020.

The Republican Party has changed since 1985.

Watch Fox every once in a while. You might even want to message Trump’s two gay White House advisors. They could bring you up to date.

According to NBC/Marist, Trump is winning Hispanic voters in Florida 50% to 46%.

I’m noticing a pattern here. Liberals claim they love minority groups, until the moment they hear that a minority group is supporting Trump. “The gay men supporting Trump must be white. Cubans are really white, not Hispanic, etc.”

Which would indicate that Democrats are really just using minority groups for votes.

Hop into a time machine and come back to the year 2020.

The Republican Party has changed since 1985.

Watch Fox every once in a while. You might even want to message Trump’s two gay White House advisors. They could bring you up to date.
I don't watch Fox News because I don't like being lied to by GOP-TV and I don't like reality TV.

It's Trumpers whistling in the dark to each other, for consolation, but perhaps to prepare the unthinking for the shock of him actually losing, so they will respond with their guns at the ready to fight the coup which must have happened.

Opt in internet polls are worthless, and it doesn't matter if it's from Fox News or MSNBC or Hornet. This one is a double whammy bad because it starts with a poll of Hornet users, which might be a representative sample of all gay men in the U.S. but that's highly doubtful. And the opt-in feature just makes the poll even less meaningful. So what the poll showed is, "45% of Hornet users who might or might not be Gay Men but who responded to a poll on a gay/bi/curious dating site Say They Will Vote For Trump"

That is somewhat interesting, I guess, but it's certainly not a poll of "gay men" and their voting preferences any more than a poll on DP represents the voting preferences of the U.S. as a whole.

Gay men might want to think twice. Now that the scotus is in play. A 6 -3 majority would overturn gay marriage. So what's it going to be gay dudes? No gay marriage and low taxes or gay marriage and high taxes?

Back
Top Bottom