• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gay, straight, bi, or something else?

What is your sexual orientation?

• Straight

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Gay

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Bi

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Sadly, I am asexual (or a Catholic priest)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Axismaster

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am 100% straight. I don't have much of a problem with anyone that isn't though.

Mod question

Did you want this in the basement?

/Mod question

Hmmm, I'm trying to decide if I should admit my answer. :think:

Well, I reckon I'm straight, never had any sort of....adventures with members of the same sex, though the idea doesn't completely freak me out like it would some people.....

aps said:
Hmmm, I'm trying to decide if I should admit my answer.

Admit it!!!!! We have nothing to hide here!

Stace said:
Well, I reckon I'm straight, never had any sort of....adventures with members of the same sex, though the idea doesn't completely freak me out like it would some people.....

Oh really?

Admit it!!!!! We have nothing to hide here!

bi

But I'm not a practicing one now that I am married, and I would NEVER engage in a threesome.

aps said:
Oh really?

Yes, really. :2razz:

bi

But I'm not a practicing one now that I am married, and I would NEVER engage in a threesome.

No? My husband is always joking around about that, but I think if it came down to it, neither one of us would do it. I'd be worried that the other chick would be better than me in some way, and I can imagine he'd be worried that I'd suddenly start playing for the other team.

Stace said:

Interesting. :lol:

No? My husband is always joking around about that, but I think if it came down to it, neither one of us would do it. I'd be worried that the other chick would be better than me in some way, and I can imagine he'd be worried that I'd suddenly start playing for the other team.

Oh, absolutely not. It would make me feel dirty, and it doesn't even appeal to me. I had a friend who was married and she and her husband would engage in threesomes, and the rules that go along with it are ridiculous. She said that he was not allowed to look at the other woman in a certain way or pay the other woman more attention, etc. What bothered me more about that situation was that she was doing it only to please him. I would respect anyone who engaged in that kind of behavior if they genuinely liked it and it deepened their marriage. Oh, and they had an agreement when they would go to Hedonism in Jamaica that they would only pick a woman that BOTH of them found appealing. However, that a$$hole would throw a tantrum if she didn't agree with him as to a particular woman. He didn't talk to her for 24 hours during one of their trips there. It made me sick, and I stopped being friends with her because I couldn't the stories of how he would essentially verbally abuse her. I felt like a terrible friend, but that wasn't the only issue that caused me to dump her.

Sorry for rambling.

Oh, and as for switching teams, yikes, that could never happen. I could never "date" a woman--it was purely a physical thing. I'm embarrassed to even admit that (although I am sure the guys on this site find that rather interesting).

aps said:
Interesting. :lol:

Nah, not really. I think women in general are more curious than men are, I couldn't give you any concrete reasons why, but it just doesn't seem as weird to us I guess.

Oh, absolutely not. It would make me feel dirty, and it doesn't even appeal to me. I had a friend who was married and she and her husband would engage in threesomes, and the rules that go along with it are ridiculous. She said that he was not allowed to look at the other woman in a certain way or pay the other woman more attention, etc. What bothered me more about that situation was that she was doing it only to please him. I would respect anyone who engaged in that kind of behavior if they genuinely liked it and it deepened their marriage. Oh, and they had an agreement when they would go to Hedonism in Jamaica that they would only pick a woman that BOTH of them found appealing. However, that a$$hole would throw a tantrum if she didn't agree with him as to a particular woman. He didn't talk to her for 24 hours during one of their trips there. It made me sick, and I stopped being friends with her because I couldn't the stories of how he would essentially verbally abuse her. I felt like a terrible friend, but that wasn't the only issue that caused me to dump her.

Sorry for rambling.

Oh, and as for switching teams, yikes, that could never happen. I could never "date" a woman--it was purely a physical thing. I'm embarrassed to even admit that (although I am sure the guys on this site find that rather interesting).

Yikes! Sounds like too much work there......

Being married and all, I don't suppose I'll ever find out if I could actually date another woman :shrug: But you shouldn't be embarrassed at all!!!!

And yeah, I think the guys here just found a new fantasy...;)

I'm gay and partnered for 3 years this time around. Threesomes are...interesting and pretty much a part of gay culture I think. Gay people tend to be a little more lax about sexuality when in like company. Threesomes are not a normal event for my present partner but have been known to happen when we are on vacation. What goes on in New Orleans stays in New Orleans.

I would probably be best described as maybe bi, with a leaning towards hetero.

jallman said:
I'm gay and partnered for 3 years this time around. Threesomes are...interesting and pretty much a part of gay culture I think. Gay people tend to be a little more lax about sexuality when in like company. Threesomes are not a normal event for my present partner but have been known to happen when we are on vacation. What goes on in New Orleans stays in New Orleans.

Oh, I probably should have said that while I haven't tried a threesome with two women, I would definitely give that a try!

Stace, isn't it funny how I would feel dirty with my husband and another chick but not feel that way with 2 chicks? :lol:

jallman, thanks for your honesty.

Comrade Brian--interesting. Are you my fellow bi vote?

Stace said:

I seriously doubt that your husband is joking and I am sure that he would do it. This is a man you are talking about. Men are sexual beings, women need to understand that. A man would drink acid for the chance of a sexual adventure. He is probably playing it off like he is joking, but he isn't.

Oh my goodness, is this really necessary?:3oops:

alex said:
I seriously doubt that your husband is joking and I am sure that he would do it. This is a man you are talking about. Men are sexual beings, women need to understand that. A man would drink acid for the chance of a sexual adventure. He is probably playing it off like he is joking, but he isn't.

Sweetie, women are sexual beings, too. But I highly, HIGHLY doubt that my husband is serious, I'm only the second woman he ever slept with, he'd be terrified, especially since I'm the ONLY one he's slept with for the past 3 years now.....he already had a few issues when he found out how many partners I'd had before we ever met.....I just don't see it happening.

Oh, and not to mention how weird he got when he found out that one of my female friends thought I was hot....she didn't make any advances toward me because she was married as well, but often joked about what she'd do if we weren't married ;)

Oh, by the way, I am gay. Never had a serious relationship but if one happens, so be it. I do not believe that sex is an important part of relationships and if I was to be in one, it would have to be sexually open.

OMG, is everyone gay these days?:shock:

Stace said:
Sweetie, women are sexual beings, too. But I highly, HIGHLY doubt that my husband is serious, I'm only the second woman he ever slept with, he'd be terrified, especially since I'm the ONLY one he's slept with for the past 3 years now.....he already had a few issues when he found out how many partners I'd had before we ever met.....I just don't see it happening.

Oh, and not to mention how weird he got when he found out that one of my female friends thought I was hot....she didn't make any advances toward me because she was married as well, but often joked about what she'd do if we weren't married ;)

Women are no where near the sexual beings that men are, that was my point.

Deegan said:
OMG, is everyone gay these days?:shock:

I can tell you from experience that no man is totally straight after a bottle of Tequila.

alex said:
I can tell you from experience that no man is totally straight after a bottle of Tequila.

And from my experience, no man is conscious either!:shock:

alex said:
LMAO! Good point.

Remind me not to go out drinking with you, I do have a passion for good Margarita's.

Axismaster said:
I am 100% straight. I don't have much of a problem with anyone that isn't though.

I find it doubtful that you are 100% hetero, evidence has been shown that anyone few are of 100% sexual orientation. Most are in-betweens.

But I am glad you are tolerant of others.

Also please refrain from using the word "straight", it makes it seem thet heterosexuality is the better way, which in my view is not. I have nothing against one of different orientation than I.

Also aps, it now appears 3 votes for bi.

alex said:
Women are no where near the sexual beings that men are, that was my point.

I'd beg to differ there, and I'm sure that at least a few of the ladies here would agree with me.

Stace said:
I'd beg to differ there, and I'm sure that at least a few of the ladies here would agree with me.

Do you realize that men think about sex ALWAYS? Everything we do we incoorporate sex into it somehow. Why do you think half-dress (if at all dressed) women are used in advertising towards men? Cars, beer, colognes, etc. It is because we are more sexual than women. I have yet to see naked men in ads for things geared to women. Also, how many women do you know that masterbate 3-5 times daily? Every man I know does. The older ones, only once or twice per day. I even know married guys that still masterbate. Most women can do without sex, most men cannot.

Men are the more sexual beings of our species.

alex said:
Do you realize that men think about sex ALWAYS? Everything we do we incoorporate sex into it somehow. Why do you think half-dress (if at all dressed) women are used in advertising towards men? Cars, beer, colognes, etc. It is because we are more sexual than women. I have yet to see naked men in ads for things geared to women. Also, how many women do you know that masterbate 3-5 times daily? Every man I know does. The older ones, only once or twice per day. I even know married guys that still masterbate. Most women can do without sex, most men cannot.

Men are the more sexual beings of our species.

Uh....we women think about sex an awful lot, too. I know this is hard for you to understand, since you're NOT a woman, but I am, so trust me hon, I know what I'm talking about. You've never seen half dressed or naked men in advertisements geared towards women? Then you're just not looking in the right places. I know plenty of women that masturbate multiple times daily (except maybe when they're on the rag, 'cause that's kinda gross). I know women who are married that masturbated still. The women that CAN go without sex? It's usually because they DO masturbate.

Back
Top Bottom