• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gay Rights?

Guitarchick54 said:
I'm very sry about this I was trying to find the words for something and I asked how would I word this and my friend said it like that and I was gonna re word it to say if want to be homosexual it's ok with me but I don't enjoy having to walk down halls at school and people trying to force their beliefs on me! I do not force my beliefs on them. A friend of mine is gay I do not aprove of what he believes but I'm not gonna hate him for it! A motto I try to live by is Hate the sin not the sinner but I would like to apologize for posting that like that! I'm very sorry if I offened anyone

Yes, it was a bit offencive, but I've heard worse.
What I'm trying to get across here is that one being gay doesn't necessarly mean one does not believe in God or is not a "Christian." There are many gay Christians out there.
The thing is the Bible is all too often misinterpreted or used as a weapon against gays, but when we try to point out that gays are not the only "sin" or "abomination" some people tend to get very defencive about it.

What must be understood is that the Bible is NOT what the laws of this nation are founded on. No matter how much spin is put on it, and no matter how some preachers try to insist that it is, it just isn't.
Our laws are indeed secular, in the sence that they are not based in any one regilious belief system.
Read the Treaty of Tripolli if you don't believe me.

http://earlyamerica.com/review/summer97/secular.html

The Constitution reflects our founders views of a secular government, protecting the freedom of any belief or unbelief. The historian, Robert Middlekauff, observed, "the idea that the Constitution expressed a moral view seems absurd. There were no genuine evangelicals in the Convention, and there were no heated declarations of Christian piety."

JustineCredible said:
But far be it from you to withold your beliefs from anyone else? Hmmm...doesn't quite seem equal there, now does it?

Don't get your panties in a twist when someone who disagrees with you tells you so and how. Since it's ok for you to do the same without even being asked.

And besides. Keep your religious fanatisism out of MY government...thanks.

Just to let you know something, its not just religion that makes people not want gays to be married. DUH! Its called common scence. People were made to be married MAN and WIFE NOT wife and wife or man and man! Thats totally GROSS!

JustineCredible said:
Yes, it was a bit offencive, but I've heard worse.
What I'm trying to get across here is that one being gay doesn't necessarly mean one does not believe in God or is not a "Christian." There are many gay Christians out there.
The thing is the Bible is all too often misinterpreted or used as a weapon against gays, but when we try to point out that gays are not the only "sin" or "abomination" some people tend to get very defencive about it.

What must be understood is that the Bible is NOT what the laws of this nation are founded on. No matter how much spin is put on it, and no matter how some preachers try to insist that it is, it just isn't.
Our laws are indeed secular, in the sence that they are not based in any one regilious belief system.
Read the Treaty of Tripolli if you don't believe me.

http://earlyamerica.com/review/summer97/secular.html

Just because Gays arent the only sin, doesnt mean it isnt a sin. You are suppose to ask GOD for forgiveness of sin, how can you do that if you keep doing the same sin everyday? Your suppose to try not to do the same sin over and over, so please tell me how gays can call themselves "Christians"!

We KNOW that the BIBLE is not what the country is based on, but the country is tried to be based on morals and whats right and whats natural!

Courtneyx3 said:
Just to let you know something, its not just religion that makes people not want gays to be married. DUH! Its called common scence. People were made to be married MAN and WIFE NOT wife and wife or man and man! Thats totally GROSS!

What you call "Common Sense" I call prejudice.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. "
Albert Einstein

"Common sense is not so common."
Voltaire

"Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense."
Voltaire

You call it "totally GROSS" I call it love.
You might like licorice for all I know, but I think that's "GROSS!"

People were made to love whom they love. You cannot make laws governing what concenting adults do in the privacy of their hearts. To do so is simply insulting, just as your comment here.

Courtneyx3 said:
Just because Gays arent the only sin, doesnt mean it isnt a sin. You are suppose to ask GOD for forgiveness of sin, how can you do that if you keep doing the same sin everyday? Your suppose to try not to do the same sin over and over, so please tell me how gays can call themselves "Christians"!

We KNOW that the BIBLE is not what the country is based on, but the country is tried to be based on morals and whats right and whats natural!

What's right is to keep with the ideology that "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"! It does not say "All straight, white, rich men."
The Fourteenth Amendment insists that the law be appllied equally to all citizens.

As Christians you are bound to the laws of Ceasar in this life. Today's Ceasar is our Constitution and Democracy. If you are a citizen of THIS nation as well as a Christian, you must follow what is fair and equal for all citizens, not just straight, white men.

JustineCredible said:
What you call "Common Sense" I call prejudice.

You call it "totally GROSS" I call it love.
You might like licorice for all I know, but I think that's "GROSS!"

People were made to love whom they love. You cannot make laws governing what concenting adults do in the privacy of their hearts. To do so is simply insulting, just as your comment here.

Common sense is not being prejudice. HOW am I being so called "prejudice" by STATING my OPIONON. Free country! People were made to "love" the opposite sex. If you want to do what you want behind closed doors, that is YOUR business, but in NO way does that mean that we should give you rights. Here what I see it when it comes to that, we are all humans, everyone believes something different, why should every single person with their wants have their own rights? Why can't you just be fine with "dating" the other person. Do you really need to get married and have "rights"? What would change if you had rights, people still wouldn't like gays.

JustineCredible said:
What's right is to keep with the ideology that "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"! It does not say "All straight, white, rich men."
The Fourteenth Amendment insists that the law be appllied equally to all citizens.

As Christians you are bound to the laws of Ceasar in this life. Today's Ceasar is our Constitution and Democracy. If you are a citizen of THIS nation as well as a Christian, you must follow what is fair and equal for all citizens, not just straight, white men.

Right so whats the problem? So what if their created eqaul that DOES NOT mean you HAVE to have rights because you so called "love" the person of the same sex!

Christains follow what is morally correct and by God's plan and laws. NOT Ceasars. And NO this NATION is not following those rules, if they were then why are people always getting drunk/ drinking, why are people cussing, why arent people ALL Christains? Tell me that!

Courtneyx3 said:
Right so whats the problem? So what if their created eqaul that DOES NOT mean you HAVE to have rights because you so called "love" the person of the same sex!

"love" they neighbor, even if they are the same sex as you. Just because they are the same sex as you doesn't mean you can't love them. So why the quotation marks? :doh:

I love how the "love" thy neighbor rule only applies to Christians when they feel like it. Not give someone the same privledges as you because they are homosexual? Its a sin!

What about the love they neighbor commandment? It doesn't just apply to neighbors you know.

Courtneyx3 said:

Christains follow what is morally correct and by God's plan and laws. NOT Ceasars. And NO this NATION is not following those rules, if they were then why are people always getting drunk/ drinking, why are people cussing, why arent people ALL Christains? Tell me that!

To answer your last question: People aren't all "Christians" because there are as many religions as there are people who will follow them. The great part about this nation is that we in fact have the right to follow, or not*, which ever religion we choose.
No one religion has the right to force their system of beliefs (ie dogma) on anyone who does not want it.

"that DOES NOT mean you HAVE to have rights because you so called "love" the person of the same sex!"

Really? So now you would advocate doing away with the Declaration of Independence which states:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. "

What is your pursuit of happiness? Hmmm... to abolish the rights of others simply because you don't "approve" or don't "like" what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

Do us all a huge favor, keep your religion OUT of MY Government, Off MY body and OUT of MY bedroom!

PS: if God didn't intend for us to drink, why did he allow Jesus to turn the water into wine?

JustineCredible said:
PS: if God didn't intend for us to drink, why did he allow Jesus to turn the water into wine?

*raises his Captain Morgans in agreement*

Homosexuals are not normal, they have a mental disorder. In Russia they were all put in Asylums. As for lesbians, :mrgreen: , got nothing against that.

Courtneyx3 said:
Sorry, but in the USA everyone has rights, especially the people that you disgree with. What you've written is about as UN-American as it gets. We're a nation built on freedoms, not restrictions, and one of the reasons we are hated by so many people around the world is due to attitudes like yours; uninformed, bigoted, cruel, intolerant and ignorant.
Courtneyx3 said:
Yikes! You don't get it, do you? America is NOT a Christian nation, and it will never be. Freedom of religion means that we do not have to follow the rules set out in a series of fictitious books written by religious zealots several thousand years ago. Freedom does mean that YOU are free to enjoy and believe in whatever religion you choose, you just can't force it on anyone else, no exceptions, ever.

NEWSFLASH! If America were a Christian nation it would cease to be America. It would not come close to resembling what we now enjoy. I'm trying to think of what country America would be like if it were 100% Christian but no place on Earth comes to mind.

As a Jewish person I find it incredibly offensive when you write "why aren't all people Christian."

It seems to me that anyone who was truly "Christian" would be tolerant of others, not demanding that they join the club or leave or die in hell. I believe only the truly ignorant believe that America needs to be purely Christian, because if someone is educated they would understand, celebrate and appreciate the diversity of our world. What you've written is bigotry 101~Good job!

Last edited:
Soviet_Guy said:
Homosexuals are not normal, they have a mental disorder. In Russia they were all put in Asylums. As for lesbians, :mrgreen: , got nothing against that.

You know, if you like it in Russia so much, I suggest you go there.
But...
If you insist upon staying here there are a few things you need to know.

1) Homosexuality was REMOVED from the APA (American Psychological Association) list of disorders back in 1973.
It has been found to be NOT harmful to a person's personal psychological state and is not a pathology.

2)The term "Homosexual" is gender neutral. It means either male or female. Lesbians are not a seperate entity from homosexuals...they ARE Female homosexuals.

3) The typical straight male fantasy about lesbians is misdirected. All you idiots who think it would be cool to be with two lesbians simply don't get it. They are two women who would MUCH RATHER be with EACH OTHER THAN YOU!
Can we say MAJOR REJECTION? ... I knew you could.

Bluefire said:
"love" they neighbor, even if they are the same sex as you. Just because they are the same sex as you doesn't mean you can't love them. So why the quotation marks? :doh:

I love how the "love" thy neighbor rule only applies to Christians when they feel like it. Not give someone the same privledges as you because they are homosexual? Its a sin!

What about the love they neighbor commandment? It doesn't just apply to neighbors you know.

Okay don't quote the bible when you dont know what your talking about. That Love in that scripture is not a love like "oohh im in love, lets get married", its a love of frienship, and kindness. I didnt say I didnt "love" gays I just dont believe in what you believe in. Big Deal. And I dont "love" the person the same sex as me like a "llovvveee"!

JustineCredible said:
To answer your last question: People aren't all "Christians" because there are as many religions as there are people who will follow them. The great part about this nation is that we in fact have the right to follow, or not*, which ever religion we choose.
No one religion has the right to force their system of beliefs (ie dogma) on anyone who does not want it.

Really? So now you would advocate doing away with the Declaration of Independence which states:

What is your pursuit of happiness? Hmmm... to abolish the rights of others simply because you don't "approve" or don't "like" what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

Do us all a huge favor, keep your religion OUT of MY Government, Off MY body and OUT of MY bedroom!

I NEVER said we ALL have to be Christains and I NEVER said that Religion was in the government. So your making your own aruguments there! I didnt say we cant drink, I was talking abot people getting drunk and I am NOT going to argue religion with someone that has NO clue what their talking about!

26 X World Champs said:
Sorry, but in the USA everyone has rights, especially the people that you disgree with. What you've written is about as UN-American as it gets. We're a nation built on freedoms, not restrictions, and one of the reasons we are hated by so many people around the world is due to attitudes like yours; uninformed, bigoted, cruel, intolerant and ignorant.

You know what I am DONE arguing cause guess who is PRESIDENT and look who is NOT!

Yikes! You don't get it, do you? America is NOT a Christian nation, and it will never be. Freedom of religion means that we do not have to follow the rules set out in a series of fictitious books written by religious zealots several thousand years ago. Freedom does mean that YOU are free to enjoy and believe in whatever religion you choose, you just can't force it on anyone else, no exceptions, ever.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS A CHRISTIAN NATION AND I HAVE SAID THAT 45616501560 TIMES GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD IDIOT! AND I NEVER PUSHED CHRISTIANITY ON YOU FAGG!

NEWSFLASH! If America were a Christian nation it would cease to be America. It would not come close to resembling what we now enjoy. I'm trying to think of what country America would be like if it were 100% Christian but no place on Earth comes to mind.

AGAIN DID I EVER SAY IT WAS A CHRISTIAN NATION? NO

As a Jewish person I find it incredibly offensive when you write "why aren't all people Christian."

I didnt write that but okay. I have NOTHING agains Jewish people!

It seems to me that anyone who was truly "Christian" would be tolerant of others, not demanding that they join the club or leave or die in hell. I believe only the truly ignorant believe that America needs to be purely Christian, because if someone is educated they would understand, celebrate and appreciate the diversity of our world. What you've written is bigotry 101~Good job!

No not really, I believe in what God teachs and what the bible says. Thank you very much!

JustineCredible said:
You know, if you like it in Russia so much, I suggest you go there.
But...
If you insist upon staying here there are a few things you need to know.

NO its a FREE country and what he wants to say is fine and he CAN stay here in Russia, why dont you leave America and let us be insted of ALWAYs starting crap!

1) Homosexuality was REMOVED from the APA (American Psychological Association) list of disorders back in 1973.
It has been found to be NOT harmful to a person's personal psychological state and is not a pathology.

2)The term "Homosexual" is gender neutral. It means either male or female. Lesbians are not a seperate entity from homosexuals...they ARE Female homosexuals.

3) The typical straight male fantasy about lesbians is misdirected. All you idiots who think it would be cool to be with two lesbians simply don't get it. They are two women who would MUCH RATHER be with EACH OTHER THAN YOU!
Can we say MAJOR REJECTION? ... I knew you could.

NO can we say MAJOR GGRRROOOSSSSSSS! Most gays couldnt get a guy anyway!

Courtneyx3 said:

Honey, I've had lots of guys. Your point is?

Courtneyx3 said:
If you have then, why are you gay? I am not trying to be judgemental, I just am curious.

WOW you really are dense. Naughty IS A MAN! Duh! ... LOL, don't feel bad, I made the same assumption too. See, we actually have something in common! Welcome to humanity!

Courtneyx3 said:

Wait, do you even bother to hear what you're about to type before you post it? Honey, gays (said in the generic as you did) usually means MEN. So, by your own admission, the very concept of being gay has just taken flight about a mile above your barely adult head.

ITS A BIRD, ITS A PLANE...
NO IT'S A CONCEPT & IT JUST FLEW OVER COURTNEYX3'S HEAD!​

Courtneyx3 said:
Okay don't quote the bible when you dont know what your talking about. That Love in that scripture is not a love like "oohh im in love, lets get married", its a love of frienship, and kindness. I didnt say I didnt "love" gays I just dont believe in what you believe in. Big Deal. And I dont "love" the person the same sex as me like a "llovvveee"!

Yes I know that, the first part of what I said was in jest.

My point was that its pretty hypocritical to say you love them and then not give people the same rights as you. There are 1,049 federal rights, benefits and privileges, and just because they love a person of the same sex as them, you want to deny them those rights?

Stuff such as:

joint insurance policies for home, auto and health;
immigration and residency for partners from other countries;
joint leases with automatic renewal rights in the event one partner dies or leaves the house or apartment;
spousal exemptions to property tax increases upon the death of one partner who is a co-owner of the home;
bullet joint filing of customs claims when traveling;
domestic violence protection orders;

etc.

I understand that you feel that marriage is set out in the bible as being specifically a man and a woman, and that it is holy. So why in the world should we not allow civil unions, something that isn't exactly marriage, but gives them all the rights?

In other words, how can Christian's justify not giving these people rights (aka oppressing them) when they are supposed to "love" thy neighbor?

JustineCredible said:
WOW you really are dense. Naughty IS A MAN! Duh! ... LOL, don't feel bad, I made the same assumption too. See, we actually have something in common! Welcome to humanity!

HAHAH ooopps LOL! His name makes him sounds like a girl.. lol .... Humanity? Okay just cause I believe in being gay doesnt mean im not in humanity

But I meant, because someone posted MAJOR REJECTION when a girl is gay, but what I meant was most "gay" girls cant get a guy, even if they were straight!!!

Last edited:
JustineCredible said:
Wait, do you even bother to hear what you're about to type before you post it? Honey, gays (said in the generic as you did) usually means MEN. So, by your own admission, the very concept of being gay has just taken flight about a mile above your barely adult head.

ITS A BIRD, ITS A PLANE...
NO IT'S A CONCEPT & IT JUST FLEW OVER COURTNEYX3'S HEAD!​

Umm no when i says gays i mean everyone that like a person of their same sex. Too bad for you I dont care what you want to be called, I call them all "gay" make "fun" all you want, do i look like I care? NOOPPPPEEE

Bluefire said:
Yes I know that, the first part of what I said was in jest.

My point was that its pretty hypocritical to say you love them and then not give people the same rights as you. There are 1,049 federal rights, benefits and privileges, and just because they love a person of the same sex as them, you want to deny them those rights?

Stuff such as:

joint insurance policies for home, auto and health;
immigration and residency for partners from other countries;
joint leases with automatic renewal rights in the event one partner dies or leaves the house or apartment;
spousal exemptions to property tax increases upon the death of one partner who is a co-owner of the home;
bullet joint filing of customs claims when traveling;
domestic violence protection orders;

etc.

I understand that you feel that marriage is set out in the bible as being specifically a man and a woman, and that it is holy. So why in the world should we not allow civil unions, something that isn't exactly marriage, but gives them all the rights?

In other words, how can Christian's justify not giving these people rights (aka oppressing them) when they are supposed to "love" thy neighbor?

NO, Just because were suppose to "love" doesnt mean we cant like stuff and or give gays rights. SO what Jesus did not say Okay Love everyone and give them the rights or whatever they want. No were suppose to love, that doesnt mean agree in what we dont believe. So dont try to put context in the bible that is not there.

Back
Top Bottom