• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gay HATE Agendas.....[W:234:345]

Re: Gay HATE Agendas.....

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests | Fox News

So it is ok for Homosexuals to make threats to kill people and mob against them, but we can't stand up for our beliefs? That is the real discrimination!

Within days, militant homosexuals groups launched protests and boycotts

Read more: TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests | Fox News

And is this a threat.. oh wait,

“That tipped the scales,” Klein said. “The LGBT activists inundated them with phone calls and threatened them. They would tell our vendors, ‘If you don’t stop doing business with Sweet Cakes By Melissa, we will shut you down.’”

Read more: TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests | Fox News

boycotting and protesting is legal....

So the persecutors are being persecuted for persecuting?

How do you get persecuting from the bakery not wanting to bake a cake?

Are they the only bakery in town?

So the persecutors are being persecuted for persecuting?

I wouldn't call the store persecuters. They are being robbed of freedom of religion, the gays are persecuting them.

Within days, militant homosexuals groups launched protests and boycotts

And is this a threat.. oh wait,

“That tipped the scales,” Klein said. “The LGBT activists inundated them with phone calls and threatened them. They would tell our vendors, ‘If you don’t stop doing business with Sweet Cakes By Melissa, we will shut you down.’”

boycotting and protesting is legal....

I love how you left out quotes from the article about killing their family. :spin: :alert

How do you get persecuting from the bakery not wanting to bake a cake?
Are they the only bakery in town?

I was trying to be funny.

I don't get this though. I mean, I understand a business owners desire to decline to do business with whoever...but why is it necessary in this instance? I believe that in the Christian faith all sins are the same. So do they also refuse to do business with people who lie. Who exactly is left after that one? And aren't they not suppose to judge?

I love how you left out quotes from the article about killing their family. :spin: :alert

Do we know that that was a threat that was actually made and not an exaggeration ?

I don't get this though. I mean, I understand a business owners desire to decline to do business with whoever...but why is it necessary in this instance? I believe that in the Christian faith all sins are the same. So do they also refuse to do business with people who lie. Who exactly is left after that one? And aren't they not suppose to judge?

The difference is this cake would promote sin as it is for a gay "wedding."

Laughs$

they said it as a metaphor.

I don't get it either. I don't care what somebody does with my product after they buy it, but to each his own.

If this guy feels better about himself by closing his business, then he can do that.

I have a more combative personality and I would take it as them versus me and I would win any way I could.

I wouldn't call the store persecuters. They are being robbed of freedom of religion, the gays are persecuting them.

Yeah, weak joke.

You know the one thing I respect about religious people when I see it, which is rarely, is when they put loving one another before judging one another. I truly respect that. Seems like it is not the job of believers to judge but the job of their God. I can understand letting the wedding party no how you feel about it and then they may decide to go elsewhere on their own, but this seems condemning and therefore a little hypocritical to me.

How odd that he is closing. It sounds like a publicity event all things considered, because he is on record as saying that sales right after he refused service were booming.

“[There was] pretty much a line out the door since 9:30 this morning before we opened,” Klein said. “The phone hasn’t stopped ringing all day long".

As to the supposed death threats, were there any in reality, I'm sure he would have turned them over to police by now. Of course, those preoccupied with following certain arbitrary dictates selected from Leviticus can be inordinently lax when it comes to such niggling matters as bearing false witness.

Yeah, weak joke.

You know the one thing I respect about religious people when I see it, which is rarely, is when they put loving one another before judging one another. I truly respect that. Seems like it is not the job of believers to judge but the job of their God. I can understand letting the wedding party no how you feel about it and then they may decide to go elsewhere on their own, but this seems condemning and therefore a little hypocritical to me.

1. That passage, as usual, is taken way out of context.
2. Loving them does not equal participating with them or encouraging their sin. Part of loving them is speaking the love in truth, that truth is that what they are doing is wrong. Not hypocritical at all.

i just believe that the Christianity is best promoted through acts of love rather than judgement.

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests | Fox News

So it is ok for Homosexuals to make threats to kill people and mob against them, but we can't stand up for our beliefs? That is the real discrimination!

Were any charges filed, police reports filled out, or investigations begun looking into the threats? If not, then I think this is just a protest/boycott which, though unfortunate, is 100% legal.

How odd that he is closing. It sounds like a publicity event all things considered, because he is on record as saying that sales right after he refused service were booming.

“[There was] pretty much a line out the door since 9:30 this morning before we opened,” Klein said. “The phone hasn’t stopped ringing all day long".

As to the supposed death threats, were there any in reality, I'm sure he would have turned them over to police by now. Of course, those preoccupied with following certain arbitrary dictates selected from Leviticus can be inordinently lax when it comes to such niggling matters as bearing false witness.

Not knowing the facts again I see.... :roll:

Were any charges filed, police reports filled out, or investigations begun looking into the threats? If not, then I think this is just a protest/boycott which, though unfortunate, is 100% legal.

Threats to kill are 100% legal? That is news to me....

In a business whose entire purpose involves promoting the sin of gluttony, this is so meaningful, is it?

In a business whose entire purpose involves promoting the sin of gluttony, this is so meaningful, is it?

Entire business is the sin of gluttony? Now you are reaching... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom