• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gay gun rights group urges LGBTQ members to take up arms after Orlando massacre

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I was watching the local news a few ago, and this person came on out of Portland, who belongs to the Pink Pistols. Gays who are Pro-Gun.

A gay gun rights group known as the Pink Pistols is encouraging members of the LGBTQ community to arm themselves.

Their message follows the deadliest mass shooting in American history. On Sunday, a gunman opened fire in Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. He killed 49 people and injured over 50 before he was killed by police.

The Pink Pistols released a statement on the same day, telling people not to blame guns for the massacre, but the shooter.

Gay gun rights group urges LGBTQ members to take up arms after Orlando massacre - AOL

The Group that Wants to Arm Gay America
What if the Orlando clubgoers had been armed? Pink Pistols wages a battle to get LGBT people to carry.

Within hours of the shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Gwendolyn Patton was on the case. She sat down, banged out a press release and posted it on her website. “This is exactly the kind of heinous act that justifies our existence,” it read. Swatting away the pleas for gun control she knew would follow in the wake of a high-profile mass shooting, Patton wrote: “At such a time of tragedy, let us not reach for the low-hanging fruit of blaming the killer’s guns,” she went on. “A human being did this. The human being’s tools are unimportant when compared to the bleakness of that person’s soul.” She lamented that the revelers mowed down at the Pulse were practically sitting ducks: In Florida, even though gun laws are quite loose, you’re not allowed to carry firearms in a place that serves alcohol. What if there were a designated carrier, she wondered? Someone tasked with remaining sober and toting a gun around a bar? “It’s sad that we must consider such things,” she concluded, “but when there are persons out there who mean us harm, we must find ways to protect ourselves within the law.”

The Group that Wants to Arm Gay America - POLITICO Magazine

I am going to explore this. I view it as an Unholy Alliance of sorts, not real comfortable with it, but better the gay community, than the liberal idiots in the Anti-Gun community!;)

Last edited:
I'm seeing where I need to redo my website....$$$

I am going to explore this. I view it as an Unholy Alliance of sorts, not real comfortable with it, but better the gay community, than the liberal idiots in the Anti-Gun community!;)

I hope gays do have the ability to fight back against scum bags who would harm them for being gay. If gays bother you-that's your business but NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE can even remotely be happy with what happened unless they are one sick (expletive deleted) asshole. Like some alleged Minister who suggested this massacre was some sort of good thing. I have lesbian friends I have taught how to shoot, and several of them carry all the time. Good for them.

I hope gays do have the ability to fight back against scum bags who would harm them for being gay. If gays bother you-that's your business but NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE can even remotely be happy with what happened unless they are one sick (expletive deleted) asshole. Like some alleged Minister who suggested this massacre was some sort of good thing. I have lesbian friends I have taught how to shoot, and several of them carry all the time. Good for them.

Fully agree.

...Gays who are Pro-Gun.

A gay gun rights group known as the Pink Pistols is encouraging members of the LGBTQ community to arm themselves.

Their message follows the deadliest mass shooting in American history. On Sunday, a gunman opened fire in Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. He killed 49 people and injured over 50 before he was killed by police.

The Pink Pistols released a statement on the same day, telling people not to blame guns for the massacre, but the shooter.

All sorts of Americans believe in the right to keep and bear arms.

It's not just limited to "old white males;" but includes men and women of all ages, sexes, sexual orientations, ethnic groups, economic backgrounds, and many religious belief systems.

This is a GOOD thing.

some alleged Minister who suggested this massacre was some sort of good thing.

He is a self proclaimed minister who, by his own words, is "independent of all denominations, conventions, and fellowships," and has been roundly rebuked by other Christians. He is just one of many who gains a little knowledge of something and runs with it, only to stumble over his own understanding.

I was watching the local news a few ago, and this person came on out of Portland, who belongs to the Pink Pistols. Gays who are Pro-Gun.

Gay gun rights group urges LGBTQ members to take up arms after Orlando massacre - AOL

I would argue that everyone should be armed.Because to ISIS straight Americas,Christians, Catholics, Jews, atheists, Muslims who do not practice ISIS's denomination of Islam are just as much infidels as the homosexuals to them.

Fully agree.

Wait... so you are OK with gays as long as the support gun rights? Otherwise, what... you're "antagonized by them"? This is the kind of partisan crap that makes people look hypocritical and makes your support look hollow and worthless.

I support the LGBT community. I also support those who are pro-2nd Amendment, and I do both without qualifications. Can you say the same?

Their message follows the deadliest mass shooting in American history.

Wrong, the deadliest mass-shooting in American history was in Waco, Texas - 82 Americans (6 in February, 76 in April) were killed by Texan and Alabaman National Guardsmen, along with the FBI and ATF.

I would argue that everyone should be armed.Because to ISIS straight Americas,Christians, Catholics, Jews, atheists, Muslims who do not practice ISIS's denomination of Islam are just as much infidels as the homosexuals to them.

Agreed.

Wait... so you are OK with gays as long as the support gun rights? Otherwise, what... you're "antagonized by them"? This is the kind of partisan crap that makes people look hypocritical and makes your support look hollow and worthless.

I support the LGBT community. I also support those who are pro-2nd Amendment, and I do both without qualifications. Can you say the same?

No, but I'm working on it. I've posted this before, as a long time LEO, I treated everyone equally when interacting with them. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with their ideology or the way they live or look.

No, but I'm working on it. I've posted this before, as a long time LEO, I treated everyone equally when interacting with them. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with their ideology or the way they live or look.

I bold. OK, I can respect that.

The second worst massacre in America has been the June 12th Pulse gun free gay bar in Orlando Florida chosen by 29-year-old Omar Mateen killing 49 people and wounding 53 others. It is quite obvious that like all other mass killings a gun free zone will be chosen as the target. Omar fired 202 rounds of ammunition and still had plenty of ammunition when he was eventually killed. The innocent disarmed and defenceless patrons waited while being slaughtered for three hours for police to gather equipment in order to enter the club.

There is nobody else to blame for this horrific event other than gun control and its supporter Barrack Obama which would not have taken place had Omar known some patrons would be armed.

The USA is at a crossroad and if citizens allow the rabidly anti-self defence Clintons to achieve more power for government and police, freedom and the ability to defend oneself and property will be at an end. Hillary will if given the opportunity turn the USA into killing fields for nut cases the same as they have done for gun free zones.

Citizens need to put their lives in the balance when making a decision to vote.

Gun sales to Pink Pistols is now soaring. AR-15s in one store sold at an average of three per day. They are now selling at ten per hour and at lunch hour 15 per hour. Smith & Wesson and Ruger pistol sales are skyrocketing and their stock prices.

Gun sales to Pink Pistols is now soaring. AR-15s in one store sold at an average of three per day. They are now selling at ten per hour and at lunch hour 15 per hour. Smith & Wesson and Ruger pistol sales are skyrocketing and their stock prices.

Correct! And the Pink Pistol membership has more than doubled since Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom