• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gay Clout

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
30 First Graders shot dead....crickets. 50 Gay adults get killed---Congress has a sit in.

img_7660-3-_custom-1e89013832368e8a71fd61aca0bf09e3eba62616-s900-c85.jpg

Hmm....who was it that said there is no gay agenda?

30 First Graders shot dead....crickets. 50 Gay adults get killed---Congress has a sit in.

Since it apparently escaped your estimable powers of observation, when 30 kids were killed, there weren't 'crickets', but people tried (and failed) to get laws passed.

Try reality some time. You might like it!

Since it apparently escaped your estimable powers of observation, when 30 kids were killed, there weren't 'crickets', but people tried (and failed) to get laws passed.

Laws that would disarm law abiding citizens. Brilliant!

Ummmm no? All anybody could talk about for a month after the Lanza shooting was gun control. I rem because it was really annoying.

Ummmm no? All anybody could talk about for a month after the Lanza shooting was gun control. I rem because it was really annoying.

Yes. Though I understand what the OP is conveying, I disagree as well. I remember Obama's push against AR15s and "assault weapons" after that.

Wow that is the fastest Ive seen an original post fail and be completely proven wrong in a while. Could a post be any more factually wrong and dishonest as the OP LMAO
Crickets? thats a flat out fallacy and lie
Gay agenda? there is none, thats a fallacy too that nobody honest educated and objective takes seriously
50 gay adults? heck unless another victim died wasnt it 49 victims and the gunman died also . . .and we dont know all 49 were gay.

Theres literally nothign true in the OP

Crickets? LMAO. You must have been in a cave or out of the country for the next couple years or so.... Fail.

No it is completely relevant to what YOU posted.

No, sorry, it's simply not. The claim what there were only 'crickets' after Sandy Hook.

That was untrue, whether there were "Laws that would disarm law abiding citizens" or not.

Please pay better attention and try harder.

That looks like anything but a gay old party.

I find it revolting to misuse the misery and horror of these things as populisms to pander to one's bases and snare votes. It's despicable.

I'm sure the parents of students in Sandy Hook were really annoyed by all the talk of gun control as well. It must have been simply tedious.

I'm sure the parents of students in Sandy Hook were really annoyed by all the talk of gun control as well. It must have been simply tedious.

No gun control short of an outright ban would've stopped that shooting. The guns were his law abiding mother's. If people want to push gun control fine, but Im not big on using an emotional appeal after a tragedy that wouldn't have been prevented by the measures proposed.

I find it revolting to misuse the misery and horror of these things as populisms to pander to one's bases and snare votes. It's despicable.

I agree. That's why nobody should talk about Muslims or terrorism whenever a Muslim radical kills anybody. We wouldn't want to "misuse the misery and the horror" now, would we?

No gun control short of an outright ban would've stopped that shooting. The guns were his law abiding mother's. If people want to push gun control fine, but Im not big on using an emotional appeal after a tragedy that wouldn't have been prevented by the measures proposed.

Uh huh. It's amazing that simply "nothing" could work. We have 3327 terrorism victims since 1995 and we're seriously discussing banning people of an entire religion from entering the United States, and of course we spend countless billions of dollars and soldiers' lives going to war with Islamic countries as a result. Meanwhile, over 200,000 people die in that same time period as a result of firearm-related homicides, and you guys have...no ideas at all. It's just....crickets...from you.

Uh huh. It's amazing that simply "nothing" could work. We have 3327 terrorism victims since 1995 and we're seriously discussing banning people of an entire religion from entering the United States, and of course we spend countless billions of dollars and soldiers' lives going to war with Islamic countries as a result. Meanwhile, over 200,000 people die in that same time period as a result of firearm-related homicides, and you guys have...no ideas at all. It's just....crickets...from you.

Don't put that on me. I don't agree with the Muslim ban. But seriously, outside of an outright ban, what would've stopped Lanza's normal, healthy, law abiding mom from buying the guns used?

OTE=Cardinal;1065997061]I agree. That's why nobody should talk about Muslims or terrorism whenever a Muslim radical kills anybody. We wouldn't want to "misuse the misery and the horror" now, would we?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that that was at all, what I said. But it was a fine attempt response. Had you thought it through, you would have understood that it doesn't fit though.

Don't put that on me. I don't agree with the Muslim ban. But seriously, outside of an outright ban, what would've stopped Lanza's normal, healthy, law abiding mom from buying the guns used?

You don't agree with it, but those are the priorities the country has opted to go with. How about we put as much ****ing brain energy into the discussion that we put into going to war with every Muslim on earth, rather than having every domestic mass shooting become a referendum on the NRA versus "anti-2nd amendment traitors?" Yet every time there's a mass shooting, the dialogue invariably begins and ends with "They couldn't even wait for the bodies to get cold!"

There are over 60 times more victims as a result of gun related homicides since 1995, and the anti-gun control side's only response is to say "2nd Amendment, bitches!" and do a mic drop.

And I do have a simple response: close the gun show loophole. And that will never happen because it's seen by the right as a foot in the door, and we will continue to have an average of 8000 gun-related homicides per year, which is 163 times the number of terrorism victims from this year alone. God forbid we stem the deaths per year at the risk of handing any kind of victory to gun control advocates.

Last edited:

Was there a Kumbaya sit-in? Didn't think so.

Do they ever do anything like this when 30 people are shot on Chicago's streets in a single weekend? Right. I didn't think so either.

You don't agree with it, but those are the priorities the country has opted to go with. How about we put as much ****ing brain energy into the discussion that we put into going to war with every Muslim on earth, rather than having every domestic mass shooting become a referendum on the NRA versus "anti-2nd amendment traitors?" Yet every time there's a mass shooting, the dialogue invariably begins and ends with "They couldn't even wait for the bodies to get cold!"

There are over 60 times more victims as a result of gun related homicides since 1995, and the anti-gun control side's only response is to say "2nd Amendment, bitches!" and do a mic drop.

And I do have a simple response: close the gun show loophole. And that will never happen because it's seen by the right as a foot in the door, and we will continue to have an average of 8000 gun-related homicides per year, which is 163 times the number of terrorism victims from this year alone. God forbid we stem the deaths per year at the risk of handing any kind of victory to gun control advocates.

Out priorities are ****ed. And the "couldn't wait for the bodies to get cold" response is a bad argument. But so is using a shooting as an emotional appeal in support of policies that wouldn't help prevent that shooting. Let the argument ride on its own merits don't use the shooting as a crutch.

Closing the gun show loophole would not have prevented that shooting.

Crickets? LMAO. You must have been in a cave or out of the country for the next couple years or so.... Fail.

Really? Members of the House had a sit-in and the Senate saw a filibuster after Newtown? Provide us a link on that, please.

Was there a Kumbaya sit-in? Didn't think so.

Do they ever do anything like this when 30 people are shot on Chicago's streets in a single weekend? Right. I didn't think so either.

Yawn. Irrelevant to the facts of the matter. You dishonestly claimed there were only 'crickets' after Sandy Hook. That facts don't back that up.

Bummer.

Wow that is the fastest Ive seen an original post fail and be completely proven wrong in a while. Could a post be any more factually wrong and dishonest as the OP LMAO
Crickets? thats a flat out fallacy and lie
Gay agenda? there is none, thats a fallacy too that nobody honest educated and objective takes seriously
50 gay adults? heck unless another victim died wasnt it 49 victims and the gunman died also . . .and we dont know all 49 were gay.

Theres literally nothign true in the OP

You too. Please provide a link showing a Senate filibuster and House sit-in after the Newtown shooting. Should be easy enough to find for a confident guy like you.

Back
Top Bottom