• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gay Clout

Yawn. Irrelevant to the facts of the matter.

Not really. 30-plus thousand gun deaths a year in the US for decades. One Senate filibuster and House sit-in over the gun issue ever---and, by chance it happens right after a few gays get shot.

Not really. 30-plus thousand gun deaths a year in the US for decades. One Senate filibuster and House sit-in over the gun issue ever---and, by chance it happens right after a few gays get shot.

Again, you claimed that after Sandy Hook, there were only 'crickets'. That was a lie.

Deal with it.

Really? Members of the House had a sit-in and the Senate saw a filibuster after Newtown? Provide us a link on that, please.

So if they don't use one specific method it doesn't count? All of the other stuff, and there was a **** ton of it, is meaningless?

Was there a Kumbaya sit-in? Didn't think so.

Do they ever do anything like this when 30 people are shot on Chicago's streets in a single weekend? Right. I didn't think so either.

That's completely irrelevant to the fact that what you said in the OP was a falsehood.

I agree. That's why nobody should talk about Muslims or terrorism whenever a Muslim radical kills anybody. We wouldn't want to "misuse the misery and the horror" now, would we?

He wasn't a Muslim terrorist. He was a gay guy pissed off that he may have been exposed to AIDS. Pretty dumb considering only a moron would think that HIV wouldn't be a potential outcome when having sex with other men.

According to Miguel, Mateen was angry after one of his alleged partners revealed that he was HIV-positive after they had sex.

“He was terrified that he was infected,” Miguel said. “I asked him, ‘Did you do a test?’ Yes. He went to the pharmacy and did the test. … It came out negative, but it doesn’t come out right away. It takes four, five months. When I asked him what he was going to do now, his answer was ‘I’m going to make them pay for what they did to me.’”
Orlando Shooter’s Alleged Gay Lover: ‘He Did It for Revenge’ - Us Weekly

Of course, no one is really going to bring this up. It's un-PC. Better to blame it on "Hate."

So if they don't use one specific method it doesn't count? All of the other stuff, and there was a **** ton of it, is meaningless?

That's completely irrelevant to the fact that what you said in the OP was a falsehood.

Congressional noise back then was nowhere near what we are seeing today. Nothing like it at all--crickets.

Congressional noise back then was nowhere near what we are seeing today. Nothing like it at all--crickets.

Yes it was. There were several bills proposed that failed. Tons of passionate speeches in favor of gun control. They didn't have a literal sit-in but if that's your criteria for what counts, then literally everything Congress has ever done has been crickets.

Out priorities are ****ed. And the "couldn't wait for the bodies to get cold" response is a bad argument. But so is using a shooting as an emotional appeal in support of policies that wouldn't help prevent that shooting. Let the argument ride on its own merits don't use the shooting as a crutch.

Closing the gun show loophole would not have prevented that shooting.

Yes, that's the line for everything. Bought the gun legally? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. Bought the gun illegally? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. The guy was a lone wolf? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. The guy was part of a radical terrorist group? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. It was just a gang crime thing? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. Domestic situation? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. It's extraordinary how no matter how the circumstances vary, no gun control measure could possibly work. Where is the energy to address a solution for over 8000 firearm-related homicides per year as exists with 49? And the fact is there is that energy, only it's devoted solely to shutting those discussions down in their entirety.

Last edited:
1.)You too. Please provide a link showing a Senate filibuster and House sit-in after the Newtown shooting. Should be easy enough to find for a confident guy like you.

don't need too since i never claimed there was one, your straw man gets owned and your post completely fails again :laughat:

Yes it was. There were several bills proposed that failed. Tons of passionate speeches in favor of gun control. They didn't have a literal sit-in but if that's your criteria for what counts, then literally everything Congress has ever done has been crickets.

A little lip service and few new gun laws proposed is nothing compared to the pandering we've seen this past week.

don't need too since i never claimed there was one, your straw man gets owned and your post completely fails again :laughat:

Sure you do. You're the one who's implying that Congressional reaction after Newtown was similar to what we saw earlier this week.

Sure you do. You're the one who's implying that Congressional reaction after Newtown was similar to what we saw earlier this week.
WHy do you post such obvious lies :laughat:
please quote me saying that?. thanks!!! :)

this is gonna be awesome watching you quote me NOT saying that and then you explain to us how you THINK it really means the lie you just made up :)
:popcorn2:

Since it apparently escaped your estimable powers of observation, when 30 kids were killed, there weren't 'crickets', but people tried (and failed) to get laws passed.

Try reality some time. You might like it!

And then, just like now, the emphasis is on the wrong thing....guns are not the problem....people are. And I don't think that old fart Black guy ever smiles. He's just an old civil riots, protesting poop head.

Laws that would disarm law abiding citizens. Brilliant!

From so called edjeeecated adults. What a ****ing joke these people are!

Ummmm no? All anybody could talk about for a month after the Lanza shooting was gun control. I rem because it was really annoying.

Yes it was....

Wow that is the fastest Ive seen an original post fail and be completely proven wrong in a while. Could a post be any more factually wrong and dishonest as the OP LMAO
Crickets? thats a flat out fallacy and lie
Gay agenda? there is none, thats a fallacy too that nobody honest educated and objective takes seriously
50 gay adults? heck unless another victim died wasnt it 49 victims and the gunman died also . . .and we dont know all 49 were gay.

Theres literally nothign true in the OP

And there is nothing valid in the Demo sit it. The only truth in that room is that a lot of people passed a lot of stinky gas!

Peee-Uuuuuuu

And there is nothing valid in the Demo sit it. The only truth in that room is that a lot of people passed a lot of stinky gas!

Peee-Uuuuuuu

where did i say anything valid was in the Demo sit in? Oh thats right i didnt
LMAO another straw man goes down in flames. :lamo

Gay murders make the news and sells newspapers.

Chicago has as many shooting as Orlando in a 3 week period and it has been going on for a very long time.

Black youths don't really matter to liberals and the supporting media cast........................ unless the news gets slow.

WHy do you post such obvious lies :laughat:
please quote me saying that?. thanks!!! :)

this is gonna be awesome watching you quote me NOT saying that and then you explain to us how you THINK it really means the lie you just made up :)
:roll:

Wow that is the fastest Ive seen an original post fail and be completely proven wrong in a while. Could a post be any more factually wrong and dishonest as the OP LMAO
Crickets? thats a flat out fallacy and lie
Gay agenda? there is none, thats a fallacy too that nobody honest educated and objective takes seriously
50 gay adults? heck unless another victim died wasnt it 49 victims and the gunman died also . . .and we dont know all 49 were gay.

Theres literally nothign true in the OP

BOOM!!! nailed it!
no where in there did I say the lie you just claimed. You got caught posting lies and your post fails again LMAO I LOVE IT!!!
Please keep trying!!! We are waiting for you to quote me saying the lie you made up, thanks

Really? Members of the House had a sit-in and the Senate saw a filibuster after Newtown? Provide us a link on that, please.

So unless there was a sit-in and a filibuster, the response was "crickets"? LMAO...

Meanwhile......................many of these very same liberal blowhards continue to ignore the inner city mass killings that go on in their own districts every week?

Meanwhile......................many of these very same liberal blowhards continue to ignore the inner city mass killings that go on in their own districts every week?

So how would you like to address over 8000 gun related homicide deaths per year?

Yes, that's the line for everything. Bought the gun legally? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. Bought the gun illegally? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. The guy was a lone wolf? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. The guy was part of a radical terrorist group? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. It was just a gang crime thing? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. Domestic situation? Gun control wouldn't have prevented it. It's extraordinary how no matter how the circumstances vary, no gun control measure could possibly work. Where is the energy to address a solution for over 8000 firearm-related homicides per year as exists with 49? And the fact is there is that energy, only it's devoted solely to shutting those discussions down in their entirety.
In this one specific circumstance, gun control wouldnt have prevented it. Not speaking on anything else.

In this one specific circumstance, gun control wouldnt have prevented it. Not speaking on anything else.

Yes, and that is the explanation given to completely dismiss any discussion on gun control. Every time.

So how would you like to address over 8000 gun related homicide deaths per year?

Let them kill themselves if they choose to live that lifestyle.

I would prefer to get the kids hearts and minds before they enter the lifestyle of gangbanging.

Let them kill themselves if they choose to live that lifestyle.

I would prefer to get the kids hearts and minds before they enter the lifestyle of gangbanging.

I knew your response was going to be stupid, but admittedly I underestimated just how stupid it would be. Bravo.

I'm sure the parents of students in Sandy Hook were really annoyed by all the talk of gun control as well. It must have been simply tedious.

And ...............misplaced!

Gun Control is about Power and Control over the citizens....nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom