• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gay backlash

aquapub

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Contrary to desperate attempts by a dying party to explain away their perpetual losses election after election, President Bush was not re-elected because of evangelical loonies.

Overwhelming majorities of Democrats and Republicans consistently poll and voted in favor of banning gay marriage.

Other than the fact that letting gays marry (instead of just giving them all the same perks and calling it something else) would undefine marriage, making it meaningless, and open the door for challenging polygemy laws, the reason people are so fed up with gay acivists is that they are on this aggressive warpath. Gay bishops, gay high schools, gay hate crime legislation, gay TV shows, Sodomy laws being overturned, gays have created most of their own opposition.

aquapub said:
Contrary to desperate attempts by a dying party to explain away their perpetual losses election after election, President Bush was not re-elected because of evangelical loonies.

Overwhelming majorities of Democrats and Republicans consistently poll and voted in favor of banning gay marriage.

Other than the fact that letting gays marry (instead of just giving them all the same perks and calling it something else) would undefine marriage, making it meaningless, and open the door for challenging polygemy laws, the reason people are so fed up with gay acivists is that they are on this aggressive warpath. Gay bishops, gay high schools, gay hate crime legislation, gay TV shows, Sodomy laws being overturned, gays have created most of their own opposition.

The only hate that I see is coming from YOU. Your bigotry and hate are disgusting. Using your convoluted logic, if the majority of people hated black people it would be OK because the majority agrees. The aggressive people fighting racism would be labeled as you've labeled Gay Activists.

Newsflash! Morality is not based on majority rule, morality is based on what is right, and what is wrong. In this instance, your post is very, very wrong.

Admitting you're a Gay Racist (Gacist) only underscores how insignificant your post is.

Imagine how you'd treat your child if he/she were Gay? NIGHTMARE...
:thumbdown

Is it too much to ask that you squeeze an iota of thought out about what you read before spewing hysterics? As clearly stated, my point was not that popularity makes it ok, it was that Bush was not elected by some small sect of religious nuts. If gay marriage turned this election, Bush won because his view is mainstream. Try reading things before making such "convoluted", "hateful" attacks.

Not fanatically and mindlessly accepting every bad idea gays come up with does not constitute being anti-gay. Don't you political correctness Nazis have ANYTHING else to respond with than the phony "bigot" card?

Last edited:
So what's your solution, Aquapub? How should gays go for civil unions without causing backlash?

Them gays want rights? WHAT? Next it'll be the BLACKS! THEN THE WOMEN! CRAZZZYYYYY! CRAZZZYYYYY I SAY! :rofl

I find it ironic you called him a Nazi while you completely disregard the rights of a fellow human just because of sexual orientation.

I know that all this gay TV is crazy. Minds are being rotted. And Gay hate crime legislation? WHAT? They want to NOT be hated for their sexuality? Insanity. You are right sir. Gays are creating opposition by wishing for change. Tell me, when was the last time change was achieved without their being opposition? Hm?

Tell me, when was the last time change was achieved without their being opposition? Hm?
Incredible statement! That goes on both sides of this fense. Some want it to change back and some want it to change "forward".

I have to agree with aquapub on this one. The nazi claim may have been over the top a bit - but his point is recognized well by many. Everytime even a remote opposition is cited or stated...hatemonger...bigot is screamed. When many times that isn't justified or the intent of the person making the claim against gay marriage isn't even refuted. It seems as though a new 'morality', as champ called it, is being attempted. What is OK on one side is completely WRONG on the other.

I am not sure that there is a solution that will make everyone happy.

The one thing that I am confident of is that the squeeky wheel will get the greese in the long run. Sometimes that is disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom