• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gay Activist Milo Yiannopoulos Speaks at Orlando

Because I'm having trouble with my browsers playing YouTube videos. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've updated everything. Restarted my computer and on and on. It's still not working.

Could you please tell me what he says that you like?

Install chrome ;)

Compare the odds of being a victim of a terrorist attack to the odds of being impacted by a socially conservative activist court's decision... For crying out loud, when sodomy laws were struck down by SCOTUS, Scalia and Thomas wrote dissents.
Looks like you answered your own question.

So liberals are not concerned with terrorists?

Compare the odds of being a victim of a terrorist attack to the odds of being impacted by a socially conservative activist court's decision... For crying out loud, when sodomy laws were struck down by SCOTUS, Scalia and Thomas wrote dissents.
And? Are you so delicate that a dissenting opinion causes you to have hurt feelerz?

Maybe they didn't want others to share the same privileges they enjoy.

And? Are you so delicate that a dissenting opinion causes you to have hurt feelerz?

The point is that if those nutjobs had their way, we would still have sodomy laws and other government in the bedroom laws promoted by the authoritarian religious right. Which is why they are more of a concern in regards to civil liberties than radical Islamists as have no political power in the United States and never will. Yet the authoritarian religious right has political power in the US, and while they would not behead gays and lesbians like they do in Saudi Arabia, they would certainly treat them as second class citizens under the law if they got their way.

The point is that if those nutjobs had their way, we would still have sodomy laws and other government in the bedroom laws promoted by the authoritarian religious right. Which is why they are more of a concern in regards to civil liberties than radical Islamists as have no political power in the United States and never will. Yet the authoritarian religious right has political power in the US, and while they would not behead gays and lesbians like they do in Saudi Arabia, they would certainly treat them as second class citizens under the law if they got their way.
For 230 years as an established country we have had laws on the books regarding homosexuality. Its not uncommon that people disagree with homosexuality, even people that know homosexuals, love and care for homosexuals, etc. When the SCOTUS made their decision they reversed a 50 years legal battle...one that homosexuals have been willing to fight inspite of setbacks. They won this round. Does that mean that those that disagree should now just stop with their causes and beliefs? Hell...if that standard were applied, homosexuals would have been expected to stop a long time ago.

But it is merely a dissenting opinion. People disagree with gay marriage. Some people disagree with homosexuality but support the right to gay marriage. SOME gay people even disagree with gay marriage. Its DISAGREEMENT. Again...are you so delicate that their disagreement of your lifestyle choices causes you to have sad hurt little feelerz?

I think the NRA should advertise free gun safety courses anywhere in the country for LGBT folks.

For 230 years as an established country we have had laws on the books regarding homosexuality. Its not uncommon that people disagree with homosexuality, even people that know homosexuals, love and care for homosexuals, etc. When the SCOTUS made their decision they reversed a 50 years legal battle...one that homosexuals have been willing to fight inspite of setbacks. They won this round. Does that mean that those that disagree should now just stop with their causes and beliefs? Hell...if that standard were applied, homosexuals would have been expected to stop a long time ago.

But it is merely a dissenting opinion. People disagree with gay marriage. Some people disagree with homosexuality but support the right to gay marriage. SOME gay people even disagree with gay marriage. Its DISAGREEMENT. Again...are you so delicate that their disagreement of your lifestyle choices causes you to have sad hurt little feelerz?

Its not my lifestyle choices, I am married with kids. My point is that your disagreement as you call it is basically another way of saying you want to codify your personal beliefs into laws that govern the lives of others. Whether gays and lesbians marry or not has no impact on your life at all other than you are obviously an authoritarian and want to dictate their life to them through force of law or as you would call it through "disagreement".

Its not my lifestyle choices, I am married with kids. My point is that your disagreement as you call it is basically another way of saying you want to codify your personal beliefs into laws that govern the lives of others. Whether gays and lesbians marry or not has no impact on your life at all other than you are obviously an authoritarian and want to dictate their life to them through force of law or as you would call it through "disagreement".
Wonderful. See...thats what we call "your opinion" and you are and always have been welcome to it. Many feel differently. Thats what we call "their opinion". The inescapable fact is that for hundreds and hundreds of years and across every spectrum, homosexuality was seen as deviant behavior. Marriage has been seen as a union between man and woman. That has 'changed'. Lots of things have changed. You might jump out and say "people once thought slavery was OK too!". Sure. true enough. And things change. Lots of things have changed. Hell, we have changed so much a white woman thinks she is black, another one thinks she is an Indian, men think they are women, some humans think they are common housepets, some think they are vampires, 54 year old men think they are 6 year old little girls and heres the REALLY ****ed up part...some people think all that **** is the same slavery. Yes...some things have changed. I'll let you decide if it is all for the better. Some things however do NOT change. Some things HAVE NOT changed. But you know what/ God bless America...the courts have made decrees and it is now the law of the land...even if some people (gasp!) disagree. And if it hurts your (as in the generic 'you') feelings because people disagree with you...you really ought to get your adult status re-calibrated and re-certified.

But you want to equate differing opinions in this country with Muslims? I do not agree with gay marriage but I accept it as the law of the land. Muslims think it should be banned and in many countries, think the practitioners of homosexuality should be killed. If you or others STILL want to equate the two and shriek "but the Christians! The Christians!!!!" well...be my guest. I wont even be offended.

Leave it to an atheist to have it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom