• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gavin Schmidt's Whining and Denial

Did you forget the example in question a couple posts ago?

Yes, I have no idea of who you are claiming has made predictions that are precise enough to be useful and got them right on the alarmist side. Do tell me again. You can win all over again!

Yes, I have no idea of who you are claiming has made predictions that are precise enough to be useful and got them right on the alarmist side. Do tell me again. You can win all over again!

Record global warmth was predicted 30+ years ago.

We now have it.

Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post

We now have it.

You can avoid any chance of being wrong by predicting all possible things with a nice wide range of predictions. This makes your predictions useless.

I predict you will be less well in 20 years time do I get to be a doctor now?

We now have it.

Yes it was, and it was scientifically sound to do so. Still had a chance of not occurring.

1) The science said that radiant energy changes take 81 to 120 years to equalize 70% through the delta forcing/ocean/atmospheric coupling.

2) The atmospheric transparency was the lowest ever, blocking a significant part of the sun from reaching the surface.

3) We had a plan to clear the skies, and it would take decades for these regulation changes to not only fully kick in, decades more for the aerosols to fully clear out of the skies.

4) Radiance from the sun peaked in 1958, though they had no way of knowing this at the time.

These factors come to mind at the moment, I'm sure I'm missing something less significant. In the 70's the EPA implemented policies to clear the skies. Other industrialized nations followed.

5) As the skies clear, more radiant energy reaches the surface of the land and oceans, and we see the earth getting warmer again.

6) More than 75% on radiant energy changes are at a wavelength absorbed down to 100 meters and deeper into the ocean. This energy largely stays in the ocean and takes decades to fully equalize with the atmosphere.

7) though the solar peak in 1958 may be small compared to atmospheric transparency changes, it alone doesn't equalize to 70% of its change until around 2058.

Yes it was, and it was scientifically sound to do so. Still had a chance of not occurring.

1) The science said that radiant energy changes take 81 to 120 years to equalize 70% through the delta forcing/ocean/atmospheric coupling.

2) The atmospheric transparency was the lowest ever, blocking a significant part of the sun from reaching the surface.

3) We had a plan to clear the skies, and it would take decades for these regulation changes to not only fully kick in, decades more for the aerosols to fully clear out of the skies.

4) Radiance from the sun peaked in 1958, though they had no way of knowing this at the time.

These factors come to mind at the moment, I'm sure I'm missing something less significant. In the 70's the EPA implemented policies to clear the skies. Other industrialized nations followed.

5) As the skies clear, more radiant energy reaches the surface of the land and oceans, and we see the earth getting warmer again.

6) More than 75% on radiant energy changes are at a wavelength absorbed down to 100 meters and deeper into the ocean. This energy largely stays in the ocean and takes decades to fully equalize with the atmosphere.

7) though the solar peak in 1958 may be small compared to atmospheric transparency changes, it alone doesn't equalize to 70% of its change until around 2058.
I have been trying to find a reference of watts per square meter at the ground over time, but not had a lot of luck.
I was hoping the photo voltaic solar studies would have something, but they mostly discuss current conditions.

You can avoid any chance of being wrong by predicting all possible things with a nice wide range of predictions. This makes your predictions useless.

I predict you will be less well in 20 years time do I get to be a doctor now?

But all possible things weren't predicted.

Record breaking heat was predicted though.

And they got it right.

I have been trying to find a reference of watts per square meter at the ground over time, but not had a lot of luck.
I was hoping the photo voltaic solar studies would have something, but they mostly discuss current conditions.

I've been looking for solar studies at the ground level too. It seems since they launched satellites, they don't care about how much solar actually loses in the atmosphere. Measurements looking at satellite - ground would give those results accurately.

How can they claim to be the experts, if such basic things are not being studied?

I've been looking for solar studies at the ground level too. It seems since they launched satellites, they don't care about how much solar actually loses in the atmosphere. Measurements looking at satellite - ground would give those results accurately.

How can they claim to be the experts, if such basic things are not being studied?

Of course, if you talked to people in the field, they might have those studies and interact regularly with the investigators.

But you dont talk to people in the field, you search on your computer from your basement and pretend you know important things arent being studied.

But all possible things weren't predicted.

Record breaking heat was predicted though.

And they got it right.

Predicting that it would be warmer is one thing.

Predicting that it would be substancially warmer is another.

I predict that you will be less healthy in 20 years. Do I get to be called a medical expert if I get it right?

Serriously, what impact has the last couple of decades of less than expected (well F.all) warming had on your expectation of the climate in 2100? None at all?

Predicting that it would be warmer is one thing.

Predicting that it would be substancially warmer is another.

I predict that you will be less healthy in 20 years. Do I get to be called a medical expert if I get it right?

Serriously, what impact has the last couple of decades of less than expected (well F.all) warming had on your expectation of the climate in 2100? None at all?

IPCC has been calling for approximately +0.20C per decade with variability about than mean.

Back
Top Bottom