• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gateway Pundit/Progressives Today Blogger Arrested for Pulling Gun at Oregon Protest

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Last night in Portland, Oregon, a man identified as a “conservative blogger” was arrested when he pulled a gun and menaced people at a Don’t Shoot PDX protest.

A man pulled a gun near hundreds of people taking part in a Don’t Shoot PDX protest Thursday evening and was later taken into custody by law enforcement officers in tactical gear.

Michael Strickland, 36, is facing misdemeanor menacing and second-degree disorderly conduct charges, according to jail records. He was booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center late Thursday night, and then released on his own recognizance, jail and court records show.

f course I was curious to know which conservative blogs this alleged felon writes for, and guess where I found him?

If you guessed Gateway Pundit, home of Jim Hoft, the fabled Stupidest Man on the Internet, you win. He’s written many posts for Hoft.

Here’s the link to the Gateway Pundit index of Strickland’s articles, which often prominently featured guns, oddly enough: Michael Strickland, Author at The Gateway Pundit.

Gateway Pundit/Progressives Today Blogger Arrested for Pulling Gun at Oregon Protest - Little Green Footballs

Re: Gateway Pundit/Progressives Today Blogger Arrested for Pulling Gun at Oregon Prot

Guy pulls a gun waves it at the crowd, doesn't get killed by the cops.

go figure

Re: Gateway Pundit/Progressives Today Blogger Arrested for Pulling Gun at Oregon Prot

go figure
Where there cops there, watching this?

Sounds very hard to believe.

But misdemeanor charges sound a little light for this, unless they can pull his permit due to this being a gun charge irrespective of it being only a misdemeanor.

go figure

Yah, Cops are just a bunch of stupid, knuckle draggin' Neanderthals...and they're RACISTS, too!

Where there cops there, watching this?

Sounds very hard to believe.

But misdemeanor charges sound a little light for this, unless they can pull his permit due to this being a gun charge irrespective of it being only a misdemeanor.

The cops eventually arrested him. But, a guy can wave his gun and threaten to shoot into the crowd, and, he isn't shot and killed on site...I wonder why?

Yah, Cops are just a bunch of stupid, knuckle draggin' Neanderthals...and they're RACISTS, too!

Gateway Pundit....the dumbest political blog on the internet, run by SMOTI Jim Hoft.

Alright, I thought misdemeanors were a little light here 'cuz that might allow him to keep his permit.

Apparently I was right.

Here's the follow-up: Two felonies added, 1/4 mil bail, and I suspect the very best he'll be able to do is plea down the felonies but toss in his permit as part of the deal - if he even gets that.

"Michael Strickland, the 36-year-old man accused of pulling a gun on Don’t Shoot PDX protesters marching outside Portland’s Justice Center, had a round in the chamber of the loaded handgun he swept in front of the crowd and five other magazines of ammunition on him Thursday night, according to court records.

Multnomah County deputy district attorney Kate Molina Friday successfully argued for Strickland’s bail to be set at $250,000 after two felony counts of unlawful possession of a firearm were added to misdemeanor allegations of menacing and second-degree disorderly conduct.

Four sheriff’s deputies then placed him in handcuffs and led him to jail directly from arraignment court at the Justice Center."

Alright, I thought misdemeanors were a little light here 'cuz that might allow him to keep his permit.

Apparently I was right.

Here's the follow-up: Two felonies added, 1/4 mil bail, and I suspect the very best he'll be able to do is plea down the felonies but toss in his permit as part of the deal - if he even gets that.

"Michael Strickland, the 36-year-old man accused of pulling a gun on Don’t Shoot PDX protesters marching outside Portland’s Justice Center, had a round in the chamber of the loaded handgun he swept in front of the crowd and five other magazines of ammunition on him Thursday night, according to court records.

Multnomah County deputy district attorney Kate Molina Friday successfully argued for Strickland’s bail to be set at $250,000 after two felony counts of unlawful possession of a firearm were added to misdemeanor allegations of menacing and second-degree disorderly conduct.

Four sheriff’s deputies then placed him in handcuffs and led him to jail directly from arraignment court at the Justice Center."

And, its all on video. What a lunatic. But..he is alive.

The cops eventually arrested him. But, a guy can wave his gun and threaten to shoot into the crowd, and, he isn't shot and killed on site...I wonder why?
I really don't think any cop saw him, 'cuz at the end of the video when the gun guy is walking away we can hear bystanders in the crowd informing someone seemingly in authority that "that guy pulled a gun".

But seriously, he pulls a gun at a televised anti-gun freaking rally? :lamo

Now the State's Attorney is going to be under all sorts of pressure to hang the guy (he already added two felonies). The guy is screwed.

BTW - The gun guy claims he was "surrounded by anarchists"! I kid you not!

He's not an unarmed Black person so of course the police would treat his life as sacred...

go figure

There were no cops there when this went down. Do you really think he should be killed now just to make up for that?

Those two black guys in the second video with their faces covered that approached the armed man sure looked like trouble. That skinny white dude looked like he was going to punch the cameraman...or worse.

The roar from the protestors as they approached was intense...wow.

Last edited:

Well, he's lucky he didn't get shot. Although, with Portland police, their worst record is with minorities and the mentally ill. The police department there is said to be quite short staffed right now.

Back
Top Bottom