• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

Bronson

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
'Gasland' Director Confronted on NPR Show | Washington Free Beacon

Environmentalist filmmaker Josh Fox grew frustrated during a recent public radio interview when asked about apparent falsehoods in his Oscar-nominated 2010 documentary Gasland.

Fox asked an interviewer with Aspen public radio station KAJX to go “off the record” so he could explain why he represented a gas extraction lease created by a group of Pennsylvania landowners as a $100,000 offer from a gas company to extract natural gas from his land.

You can listen to the exchange here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9gMOJpyYzo

Gasland = Propaganda and lies

Fracking = Safe

These types of "documentaries" are aimed at low information drones. I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking how similar it was to the garbage that Michael Moore puts outs. A compilation of half truths and downright fabrications.

These types of "documentaries" are aimed at low information drones. I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking how similar it was to the garbage that Michael Moore puts outs. A compilation of half truths and downright fabrications.

Sad part is so many people see these propaganda films and swallow them hook line and sinker.

Sad part is so many people see these propaganda films and swallow them hook line and sinker.

I went to see Fahrenheit 9/11 at the theater, kept getting dirty looks for laughing at certain parts of it.

Fracking = Safe

Sorry, but that is a flat out lie. If it was safe there would be ZERO issues with it. Now, don't get me wrong, there are risks with EVERYTHING dealing with oil and gas and I'm not on the "Let's not do it" bandwagon, but to call it safe is a flat out lie.

explain why he represented a gas extraction lease .... as a $100,000 offer from a gas company to extract natural gas from his land

Seriously???? Why did he represent a gas extraction lease as being paid for extracting gas?

I say frack baby, frack.

I went to see Fahrenheit 9/11 at the theater, kept getting dirty looks for laughing at certain parts of it.

Oh that movie was horrible. I really did not like George W. Bush, but that was so over the top inaccurate in its representations it was closer to Disney's Fantasia than a documentary.

I have not seen nor do I intend to see the gasland movie. If you want to do it on the plains of New York City or LA that is fine, just as long as you do not do it near where civilized people live. I don't want flame throwing spigots.

That is a lie - there are problems with fracking.

We are dealing with them right now.

Educate yourself instead of just parroting others.

Bronson not parrot others? Surely you've confused him with someone else.

Documentaries that present false information are not "films". See the difference?

They are no different than any other communication form - one must intelligent filter the information

Sorry, but that is a flat out lie. If it was safe there would be ZERO issues with it. Now, don't get me wrong, there are risks with EVERYTHING dealing with oil and gas and I'm not on the "Let's not do it" bandwagon, but to call it safe is a flat out lie.

Thete aren't any issues with it.

Thete aren't any issues with it.

Yes there are.... Do a google on problems with Fracking and drinking water. Again, I'm not saying that we should abandon it, but to claim it's 100% safe and there are no issues is just plain dishonest.

Its safe enough for commercial use.

That is a lie - there are problems with fracking.

We are dealing with them right now.

Educate yourself instead of just parroting others.

There are problems with driving an automobile. I don't suppose anyone is suggesting driving should be made illegal?

Yes there are.... Do a google on problems with Fracking and drinking water. Again, I'm not saying that we should abandon it, but to claim it's 100% safe and there are no issues is just plain dishonest.

Yes.... if anything is done stupidly without precaution, it has consequences.

Back
Top Bottom