• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gas prices fueling coming Democratic bloodbath in midterms, Republicans

Good luck in November, leftwingers. I hope that your doctrine to kill oil production in the US, will end up killing your party.
It makes no difference if gas was 10 bucks or 4. History shows that the incumbent usually loses seats;

"Since Watergate, the president’s party has lost more than 33 seats three times: 2010 (63 seats), 1994 (54) and 1974 (48). In that same time frame, the president’s party has lost fewer than 33 seats eight times: 2014 (13), 2006 (30), 2002 (president’s party won eight seats), 1998 (president’s party won five seats), 1990 (eight), 1986 (five), 1982 (26) and 1978 (15)."

If Biden or Trump or any recent president or party never even existed at all, gas prices would still be headed off the charts.

But voters for the most part are so gullible and ignorant, they can't (or won't) figure it out; they are all too sucked in by the party rhetoric, and some imaginary line between the 'left and right' to the point there is no redemption to our government. There are not enough 'few' to pull the 'many' out of the mess they so blindly support. Please continue with the dead-end arguments, that's the new American way.

Good luck in November, leftwingers. I hope that your doctrine to kill oil production in the US, will end up killing your party.
Drill baby drill. The mentality of the gop doesn't seem to change much over the years and while we're drilling let's also include less regulations and taxes so the super wealthy can benefit even more while we once again go docile with $2.50 a gallon gasoline and once more continue not looking to the future.

It is funny how facts don't seem to support your opinion

https://debatepolitics.com/threads/bidens-bounce-up-in-the-polls.474871/

Voters: "Do more to help Ukraine!"

Republicans: "Ya, you're weak! Do more to help Ukraine!"

Biden: "OK, the remaining sanction is to cut off Russian oil. This will raise gas prices. Are you willing to make that sacrifice and pay more?"

Voters: "Ya!" Biden does it.

Republicans: "Hey voters, Biden sucks gas is expensive!"

Too many voters: "Ya, Democrats suck gas is expensive!"

The GOP was likely to gain seats/win a majority regardless of what state the economy was in.

What does it matter who wins? Power just flip flops back-and-forth and always has.
Yes .. it just means the "Build Back Better" bullshit, which is being rebranded, won't get passed again .. and that's a good thing.

Yes .. it just means the "Build Back Better" bullshit, which is being rebranded, won't get passed again .. and that's a good thing.
And then some time will pass after the republicans elect another Donald Trump and then power will flip back to the democrats and then power will flip back to the republicans and then power will flip back to the democrats.

It's simply how it works. But there is some good news. The power that flipped back-and-forth between the confederates doesn't anymore. Over time we ever so slowly weed out the evil.

that's why the anti republican rhetoric has started on all fronts.

they have to make up more issues to attack R candidates with.

November is a long way away, gas prices? Who knows.

Maybe Biden will go up to the Keystone pipeline and open the valve or

Maybe Biden will have the army core of engineers, drill baby drill. You know just before the mid terms.

You never know. Remember when trump shutdown drilling Florida and a few other southern States, just for votes.

And then some time will pass after the republicans elect another Donald Trump and then power will flip back to the democrats and then power will flip back to the republicans and then power will flip back to the democrats.

It's simply how it works. But there is some good news. The power that flipped back-and-forth between the confederates doesn't anymore. Over time we ever so slowly weed out the evil.
You lost me on the "confederate" comment .. and it's obvious the definition of "evil" is subjective.

You lost me on the "confederate" comment .. and it's obvious the definition of "evil" is subjective.
So you don't think power flip flopped back-and-forth between confederates and others at one point in our country? You don't think the Confederacy fought to continue the evil of slavery?

Do you even think that over time we ever so slowly push out the evil? Do you think that women have rights??

So you don't think power flip flopped back-and-forth between confederates and others at one point in our country? You don't think the Confederacy fought to continue the evil of slavery?

Do you even think that over time we ever so slowly push out the evil? Do you think that women have rights??
The confederacy is dead .. and a useless topic for today .... what I would be curious is .. what is your definition of evil?

The confederacy is dead .. and a useless topic for today .... what I would be curious is .. what is your definition of evil?
So we should take all the statues down?

The democrats should introduce a bill to reinstate the ban on exporting US crude oil... Make the GOP candidates explain to the American people why its a good idea for ship oil from our country to the highest bidder...

The democrats should introduce a bill to reinstate the ban on exporting US crude oil... Make the GOP candidates explain to the American people why its a good idea for ship oil from our country to the highest bidder...
If the current gasoline price issue remains as we get closer to midterms, Biden will do something.

I mean come, does the Right believe they are the only ones that can manipulate markets for votes

Why wouldn't the United States want to make a profit on the resource we readily have available?

Why wouldn't the United States want to make a profit on the resource we readily have available?

LOL.. I think you mean the OIL COMPANIES make a profit, not the United States... Would love to see the GOP make the pitch to voters that $5 gallon is worth it so that oil companies can make a profit...

High gas prices are the price of freedom. Literally for Ukrainians. A trivial price for freedom - they're paying a lot more. (This not to excuse any profiteering by big oil, which should be attacked).

LOL.. I think you mean the OIL COMPANIES make a profit, not the United States... Would love to see the GOP make the pitch to voters that $5 gallon is worth it so that oil companies can make a profit...
I'm not laughing, and Biden / Democrats will need to justify their position of wage stagnation, inflation and higher fuel costs this November. How do you think that'll turn out considering Biden doesn't accept accountability for most / any problems? He's been in office for nearly 18 months and everything is someone else's problem.

80+ million voters for him ..

Back
Top Bottom