• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gas prices fueling coming Democratic bloodbath in midterms, Republicans

If a boycott of Russian crude oil raises the price of gas at the gas pump and simultaneously helps Ukraine stave off Putin’s attack, count me in!

Thank God Chump lost! Chump’s obvious affection for Putin bode ominously on the Free World. Chump likes autocrats. His and his minions attempt to overturn a lawful election spoke volumes.

What’s your definition of a bloodbath? Today’s numbers, redistricting, 46 states have completed their redistricting, 4 more remaining. There are 391 newly drawn districts; 44 districts remain to be redrawn. Out of the 391 newly drawn districts, there are 37 competitive, switchable, at risk districts. Currently held by 25 Democrats and 12 Republicans. Safe seats as of today, 179 Democratic, 175 Republican.

The importance of safe seats is that they let you know how many seats from the competitive column and those districts yet to be drawn a party must win to gain control of the House. As of today, the democrats need 39 more seats to reach the magic number of 218. The Republicans need 43. It remains to be seen how many safe seats each of the 4 remaining states add to each party’s safe seat column. The 4 remaining states are New Hampshire, Florida, Louisiana and Missouri.

46 states aren’t 50, today isn’t election day. We have around 7 months to go. But the numbers give you something to work with, an idea of where things stand today. Today, no signs of a bloodbath or a red wave. The numbers certainly can and will change as time goes by. Their dynamic. If I were doing my forecast today, looking at just the at risk, competitive seats, the Republicans should pickup 6-8 seats, just enough to give them control of the House. No bloodbath though. The data is incomplete as we still have 4 states remaining who must draw their new maps. This is what the numbers show as of today. Not tomorrow and not 7 months from now, today.
Thank you for continuing to share your thoughtful, excellent research. You add significant and disproportional value to this forum!

If a boycott of Russian crude oil raises the price of gas at the gas pump and simultaneously helps Ukraine stave off Putin’s attack, count me in!

Thank God Chump lost! Chump’s obvious affection for Putin bode ominously on the Free World. Chump likes autocrats. His and his minions attempt to overturn a lawful election spoke volumes.

The party starts today...

President Joe Biden has decided to ban Russian oil imports, toughening the toll on Russia’s economy in retaliation for its invasion of Ukraine, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The move follows pleas by Ukrainian President Volodmyr Zelenskyy to U.S. and Western officials to cut off the imports, which had been a glaring omission the massive sanctions put in place on Russia over the invasion. Energy exports have kept a steady influx of cash flowing to Russia despite otherwise severe restrictions on its financial sector.
Biden was set to announce the move as soon as Tuesday, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the matter before an announcement. The White House said Biden would speak Tuesday morning to announce “actions to continue to hold Russia accountable for its unprovoked and unjustified war on Ukraine.”

The U.S. will be acting alone, but in close consultation with European allies, who are more dependent on Russian energy supplies. Natural gas from Russia accounts for one-third of Europe’s consumption of the fossil fuel. The U.S. does not import Russian natural gas.

President Joe Biden has decided to ban Russian oil imports, toughening the toll on Russia’s economy in retaliation for its invasion of Ukraine, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The move follows pleas by Ukrainian President Volodmyr Zelenskyy to U.S. and Western officials to cut off the imports, which had been a glaring omission the massive sanctions put in place on Russia over the invasion. Energy exports have kept a steady influx of cash flowing to Russia despite otherwise severe restrictions on its financial sector.
Biden was set to announce the move as soon as Tuesday, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the matter before an announcement. The White House said Biden would speak Tuesday morning to announce “actions to continue to hold Russia accountable for its unprovoked and unjustified war on Ukraine.”

The U.S. will be acting alone, but in close consultation with European allies, who are more dependent on Russian energy supplies. Natural gas from Russia accounts for one-third of Europe’s consumption of the fossil fuel. The U.S. does not import Russian natural gas.

Woot Woot! Let’s hope more Big Players help.

We never IMO should have opened up our oil to export ala' Obama. Sure, lets give the oil industry another means to massage the price at the pump. Lets just let them bury themselves in the spot price worldwide. Yah....that worked.

The argument from big oil was that oil prices were low at that point as if we were in anything like a more stable world in 2015-1016 than we were in the 1970's when the ban on exports was initiated. That was of course A LIE! Prices were relatively low but it was not a more stable world...far from it.Their other argument was that it would spur exploration and production. NOPE. That worked out to be a LIE as well as we can clearly see today. Production did go up during the Obama years and the Trump years but our consumption was flat which of course means that we were extracting a key natural resource critical to our National Security from the ground TO EXPORT IT!!!

The oil industry is meeting in Houston right now. The sentiment is against either production adjustments or price adjustments to augment the current situation and against additional expenditures in exploration as well. Thanks guys....did not actually expect anything else from you anyway.

As for refining...we had been and might still be the largest oil refiner in the world for years. This is not something we don't know how to do in the United States. If we did not want to ship to East Coast refineries BUILD MORE REFINERIES.

And finally:
Its not like the oil industry suffered through those 40 years of export ban now did they!!!! Maybe Obama could have made a case for unleashing US oil to exporting if he also then ended the oil industry subsidies.

Last edited:

This is a big F-You to Vlad and his hollow threats of nuclear retaliation. Get with it people. Destroying the world is not a win for Vlad. Even he can figure that much out.

Good luck in November, leftwingers. I hope that your doctrine to kill oil production in the US, will end up killing your party.
Welp…now we know why Republicans want Biden to sanction Russian oil.

Welp…now we know why Republicans want Biden to sanction Russian oil.
You post makes no sense. We won't support Russian oil because we really don't need it. We have all the oil we need right here in the US; except for the fact that Biden is being a dick.

You post makes no sense. We won't support Russian oil because we really don't need it. We have all the oil we need right here in the US; except for the fact that Biden is being a dick.
And as I’ve said before, this presents an excellent opportunity to ramp up productions of renewable energy sources, as well as thorium reactors (sadly the political will to do the latter doesn’t seem to be there at all).

Lying right wing terrorist. hail mother russia

Biden is approving more drilling permits on public lands than Trump, analysis shows​

You're not accounting for all the ****ing rules and delay causing regs. You find one little fact that may possibly support you (and not saying it does), and you run around like a kid who just discover water or something. You can't argue the fact that production is down. Your argument about permits is irrelevant, because production is down compared to Trump's administration. Have a nice day.

And as I’ve said before, this presents an excellent opportunity to ramp up productions of renewable energy sources, as well as thorium reactors (sadly the political will to do the latter doesn’t seem to be there at all).
You can't ramp it up but so fast, but leftwingers never want to wait for the market to support it. They want to ram everything down on the American people whether it makes sense or not. Ridiculous.

Good luck in November, leftwingers. I hope that your doctrine to kill oil production in the US, will end up killing your party.
Well it was more the doctrine of opposing Putin and Russia's invasion of Ukraine. But I do suppose many would rather cheap gas than standing up to Russia.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Bidens approval jumped to 47 with the Ukrainian thing. I would not be surprised if the Dems sweep.

Banning the exports of gas and other fuels may be a good idea.

Weird, the US is producing more oil than it has for years. Wells are being put back online daily.

But the wingnuts think somehow it’s the democrats fault that world oil prices are rapidly rising.

Weird, the US is producing more oil than it has for years. Wells are being put back online daily.

But the wingnuts think somehow it’s the democrats fault that world oil prices are rapidly rising.

Right wing propaganda is very effective

You just can't fix stupid

I've been telling my friends to look on the bright side, the loss of the House and likely the Senate by the Democrats in the midterms and almost a guarantee of no Biden in 2024.

Once again Biden is leading from behind. This was an obvious move weeks ago but Biden was oppossed. For the past almost two weeks since the Russian invasion he has fought this move. I guess he and Putin worked out an alternative that suited Vlad.
Biden is the worst at making decisions in a timely fashion and even worse at making good ones.

Opening more land raises capacity. Just because you have a lease and/or license doesn't mean you can access easily. We also need more refining capacity.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/24/bid...ew-oil-and-gas-leases-amid-legal-battle-.html << complete lack of other views other then condemning the judge. Figures because it doesn't suit the Left.

Back
Top Bottom