• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gary Johnson for President!

JC Callender

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I can't vote for Trump. This is actually a great time for a third party candidate, so I think those of us right wingers who aren't going to vote for Trump should start to get behind Gary Johnson. Any thoughts?

Cue the "A vote for Johnson is a vote for Clinton" crowd.

Clinton is the only reasonable choice. We can try again in four years to get a better gal/guy in Lincoln's chair.

Clinton is the only reasonable choice. We can try again in four years to get a better gal/guy in Lincoln's chair.

I've decided to not vote in the general. I can't bring myself to keep a straight face while voting for Trump (or Hillarity for that matter). Best bet for us Sanders supporters is to begin the process now of drafting Tulsi Gabbard 2020.
The Revolution continues.

That's how I would normally see it, but this time I have to say that I would rather try with the tiny chance of getting Johnson elected or handing it over to Hillary vs. Trump probably losing to Hillary anyway. I honestly can't say that Trump would be better than Hillary anyway.

I've decided to not vote in the general. I can't bring myself to keep a straight face while voting for Trump (or Hillarity for that matter). Best bet for us Sanders supporters is to begin the process now of drafting Tulsi Gabbard 2020.

Not voting is just helping the mess get worse.

Like I said, four year waiting period.

I just looked up Tulsi, she's easy on the eyes.....don't know a thing about her politics though. But, she's way too young.

What if Hillary chooses Warren as VP?

I can't vote for Trump. This is actually a great time for a third party candidate, so I think those of us right wingers who aren't going to vote for Trump should start to get behind Gary Johnson. Any thoughts?

Foreign policy is my most important issue so I couldn't vote for Johnson. I'll be voting for Clinton but I sympathize with your problem.

Why, I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about! If you'll remember, I was saying, "Go Trump Go" all along! It's not as if I ever thought in my wildest dreams that Trump was the most unelectable possible candidate, that having him as the GOP would almost certainly ensure eight years of Hillary! Oh, no, the thought never occurred to me, Br'er Fox!

Not voting is just helping the mess get worse.

Like I said, four year waiting period.

I just looked up Tulsi, she's easy on the eyes.....don't know a thing about her politics though. But, she's way too young.

It really doesn't matter much this general election. It's going to suck either way.

And she's not too young, the minimum age to run for Prez is 35, yeah? (Hell, if not 2020 then 2024).

It really doesn't matter much this general election. It's going to suck either way.

And she's not too young, the minimum age to run for Prez is 35, yeah? (Hell, if not 2020 then 2024).

She doesn't have much buzz (like Obama did) and she'll be very young four years from now (39), so no. 2024 is a different story though.

Anyway, get out and vote. Who for? That's your business, just vote.

What would Hillary do that Johnson wouldn't?

Retrench and expand our commitments and involvement overseas, increase the defense budget, and vigorously pursue our campaigns overseas including our drone campaign. All of which I support.

Retrench and expand our commitments and involvement overseas, increase the defense budget, and vigorously pursue our campaigns overseas including our drone campaign. All of which I support.

...Why?

She doesn't have much buzz (like Obama did) and she'll be very young four years from now (39), so no. 2024 is a different story though.

I think she would make a first class presidential candidate. She has the gravitas and intelligence of a person much older than her physical years. And she is old enough technically to run for president - she will be 39 by the time 2020 (44 in 2024) comes around (which isn't young anyway). But more importantly, we have to look at what qualities a person has and what kind of leadership they've shown and from everything I have seen, she has the integrity and leadership qualities that would make her an excellent president.

I can't vote but if I lived in your country, I believe he would be my choice

Back
Top Bottom