• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gary Johnson for President!

I can't vote for Trump. This is actually a great time for a third party candidate, so I think those of us right wingers who aren't going to vote for Trump should start to get behind Gary Johnson. Any thoughts?

I agree. I decided some time ago I would vote for Gary Johnson. My objective is quite modest: preserve my personal integrity by voting for neither of two candidates whom I judge to be unfit to serve.

Tulsi2020.jpg

The Revolution Continues

I agree. I decided some time ago I would vote for Gary Johnson. My objective is quite modest: preserve my personal integrity by voting for neither of two candidates whom I judge to be unfit to serve.

Sounds reasonable Jack!

Because I believe it furthers the creation of a more peaceful, just, and prosperous world.

Why can't the United States benefit from being in alliance with equally-independent and influential nations that share the same democratic value system?

Because I simultaneously support American Empire and Democratic* Hegemony.

*Liberal Democratic

While I support American hegemony when it's smart, the last thing we need is more defense spending or adventurism.

Why can't the United States benefit from being in alliance with equally-independent and influential nations that share the same democratic value system?

We can and we do. Thats why we've constructed a steadily enlarging circle of alliances reaching from Japan to the United Kingdom. But that's only one part of the battle, the other part requires the containment and eventual reformation or destruction of illiberal regimes.

Cue the "A vote for Johnson is a vote for Clinton" crowd.

I think Johnson will pull from both candidates but slightly more from the Trump side.

I can't vote for Trump. This is actually a great time for a third party candidate, so I think those of us right wingers who aren't going to vote for Trump should start to get behind Gary Johnson. Any thoughts?

I voted for Johnson in 2012. I will be voting for him again this year.

I can't vote for Trump. I can't vote for Clinton. Abortion being a key issue to me, I can't vote for Johnson.

Liberty 2020.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He would be better than the two we have right now that are running.
Bernie has not dropped out yet either. I hope his supporters slide on over somewhere besides Hillary or Trump.

He would be better than the two we have right now that are running.
Bernie has not dropped out yet either. I hope his supporters slide on over somewhere besides Hillary or Trump.

They're most likely going to split. But I do know that a sizeable chunk of Bernie supporters have completely ruled out supporting Hillary. I was a Bernie Supporter, but now I think I'm gonna vote for Jill Stein, but maybe I might go ahead and vote for Gary Johnson.

I loathe the media. They focus on that old bat Hillary and loud mouth Trump. HELLOOOOOO? Other people need some face time too!
One thing I will say about Trump..he is so right when it comes to this whole thing being rigged, the media lying, and in general....it's all so damn blatant to boot.

One thing I will say about Trump..he is so right when it comes to this whole thing being rigged, the media lying, and in general....it's all so damn blatant to boot.

Of course. Even though I vehemently disagree with Trump on many issues, I will say he is 100% correct about that.

I voted for Johnson in 2012. I will be voting for him again this year.

Same here. However, after watching their last town hall on CNN the other night I think their ticket would be stronger if Johnson and Weld switched positions.

Of course. Even though I vehemently disagree with Trump on many issues, I will say he is 100% correct about that.

Problem is that Trump's observation of that is self-serving, and not meant to actually be helpful in any way.

Clinton is the only reasonable choice. We can try again in four years to get a better gal/guy in Lincoln's chair.

I guess that's true if you're one of the cyanide is better than arsenic crowd. Neither Sen. Clinton nor Mr. Trump are a "reasonable choice."

I've decided to not vote in the general. I can't bring myself to keep a straight face while voting for Trump (or Hillarity for that matter). Best bet for us Sanders supporters is to begin the process now of drafting Tulsi Gabbard 2020.
The Revolution continues.

Please vote. I want whichever of the nitwits win to have less than 40% of the vote. That requires that people vote for someone, anyone, other than the Trump/Clinton ticket. If we simply have a low turnout then the winning nitwit will talk about the 54% "mandate from the people".

Please vote. I want whichever of the nitwits win to have less than 40% of the vote. That requires that people vote for someone, anyone, other than the Trump/Clinton ticket. If we simply have a low turnout then the winning nitwit will talk about the 54% "mandate from the people".

I will vote for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. Not for either of the two buffoons mentioned.

Clinton is the only reasonable choice. We can try again in four years to get a better gal/guy in Lincoln's chair.

A lying incompetent individual that is only interested in their own power is hardly a reasonable choice.

DNC Panics As Jill Stein Fundraising Skyrockets 999% After Bernie Endorsed Hillary

Jill Stein’s campaign has seen a nearly 1000% increase in donations since Bernie Sanders endorsed Hillary Clinton yesterday morning. The presidential candidate for the Green Party has made media headlines in the last 24 hours after speaking out against Sanders and his decision to endorse Clinton.

So it begins...

"By the next day, the Green Party had received more than $80,000 in contributions, over half of which comes from first-time donors, and half of which comes in the form of contributions under $50. Tellingly, about 615 of those contributions totalled $27 — the exact number commonly trumpeted and solicited by the Sanders campaign during his revolutionary grassroots funding movement."

Cue the "A vote for Johnson is a vote for Clinton" crowd.

That's only because they are desperate. I will never vote for another liberal and Mr. Trump and Sen. Clinton are clearly outside the pale.

My dream is that whoever wins has less than 40% of the vote. Sen. Clinton and Mr. Trump are both disasters but if they have no "mandate" perhaps more people in congress will grown a backbone and stand up to the imperial presidency and the corrupt federal departments like the VA, IRS, EPA, DOJ, DEA, ICE, ETC.

Back
Top Bottom