• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Garland speech may signal new phase in confirmation effort

I agree. I hope the Party of No continues their game playing because I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather President Clinton get the appointment and not put some wimpy moderate on the bench. This needs to come back and bite the Republicans hard in the right places.

So you want that woman as president? Aren't you against corporate money in politics?

Sure he will.

When the Senate refuses confirmation he'll have not other place to go except " away "

Obama's plan use Garland as a Politcal pawn so he can paint the GOP as obstructionist isn't working

Voters dont care and Garland needs to understand that

LOL....are you serious? You haven't been paying attention then. All the polling says otherwise. Even Republicans have shifted by double digits that he should be confirmed. Pay attention and then you won't make such silly posts.

Seems pretty self-explanatory. Oh....but I'm sure that you have your spinning, stretching and shuffling......

Go ahead and explain your reasoning if you want.

So you want that woman as president? Aren't you against corporate money in politics?

Hillary has never been my first choice.....but I know that she would save the Supreme Court from falling into the hands of right wing extremists and right-wing activist judges....that's good enough for me.

Go ahead and explain your reasoning if you want.

Sorry. Don't need to. Well regulated means what it means. Are you seriously going to try to argue that "Well......well regulated doesn't actually MEAN well regulated...it actually means that it shouldn't be regulated at all"....LOL

Hillary has never been my first choice.....but I know that she would save the Supreme Court from falling into the hands of right wing extremists and right-wing activist judges....that's good enough for me.

You mean by putting a left wing activist judge on the Supreme Court instead?

Sorry. Don't need to. Well regulated means what it means. Are you seriously going to try to argue that "Well......well regulated doesn't actually MEAN well regulated...it actually means that it shouldn't be regulated at all"....LOL

Ok, so go ahead and tell me what well regulated means then.

Only if someone asks him.

Besides if there is anyone that should be asking those questions, it should be the senate. Since the senate won't hold hearings, garland won't be asked questions you want asked of him.

that's a good point. he should have a hearing and if he's anti gun, rejected.

You mean by putting a left wing activist judge on the Supreme Court instead?

While I personally would like that....I don't see Hillary as doing that. The Clintons have always been moderates....which is why most liberals are not enamored with them.

If Kasich is the nominee, how would you call him a "right wing extremist"

the biggest nock against Trump I see is many claim he's a democrat.

a well regulated mind would first learn, then speak... if indeed credibility is at stake.

If Kasich is the nominee, how would you call him a "right wing extremist"

the biggest nock against Trump I see is many claim he's a democrat.

Kasich is very right-wing. If you look at Kasich on the issues, he is absolutely hard-core conservative. He's no moderate. Only compared to a complete wacko like Cruz. I wouldn't call Kaisch an extremist...but I suspect that his Supreme Court appointees would likely be...as Kasich I believe is beholden to the right-wing that controls his party.

a well regulated mind would first learn, then speak... if indeed credibility is at stake.

If the framers of the Constitution didn't mean well-regulated, then they certainly could have chosen different language which would express their real intentions. I love you guys....you are all for "strict constructionism" until it doesn't fit your arguments.

Kasich is very right-wing. If you look at Kasich on the issues, he is absolutely hard-core conservative. He's no moderate. Only compared to a complete wacko like Cruz. I wouldn't call Kaisch an extremist...but I suspect that his Supreme Court appointees would likely be...as Kasich I believe is beholden to the right-wing that controls his party.

last night I heard a GOP talking head claim he was A democrat. He expanded medicare in Ohio. He voted for the clinton gun ban in 94. I guess to a far lefty he's very right wing but most of us who plan on voting GOP see him as a moderate. I support him because Cruz is an ass and Trump is a fraud. Also, and most importantly, Kasich is beating hillary in every poll I have seen. Not so with Trump. Cruz is also losing to her in a majority of the polls I have seen

last night I heard a GOP talking head claim he was A democrat. He expanded medicare in Ohio. He voted for the clinton gun ban in 94. I guess to a far lefty he's very right wing but most of us who plan on voting GOP see him as a moderate. I support him because Cruz is an ass and Trump is a fraud. Also, and most importantly, Kasich is beating hillary in every poll I have seen. Not so with Trump. Cruz is also losing to her in a majority of the polls I have seen

Kasich doesn't stand a chance. Even IF somehow he came away with the nomination....how can you see the party uniting behind the guy who only won one state, his own and has only a little over 100 delegates? If would throw the GOP into disarray, piss of the Trump supporters, Piss off the Cruz supporters as well....probably cause Trump to run third party....and even if he didn't, a lot of voters would be so disillusioned they would stay home. Kasich is running for Trump's VP spot at this point....that's all.

If the framers of the Constitution didn't mean well-regulated, then they certainly could have chosen different language which would express their real intentions. I love you guys....you are all for "strict constructionism" until it doesn't fit your arguments.

You are aware their term usage was common at the time, right?

You are aware their term usage was common at the time, right?

Seriously....you guys are too much. Only in the world of the wacko right-wing does "Well regulated mean not regulated at all". Doh!

Seriously....you guys are too much. Only in the world of the wacko right-wing does "Well regulated mean not regulated at all". Doh!

Interesting.

regulate : to put in good order.

That's from a modern dictionary, btw.

Back
Top Bottom