• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Garbag T.V shows

freedom69714

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I can only watch anyone of these 5-10 minutes at a time before I get SICK to my stomic

Hey fellow D.P members I have an OFF THE WALL POLL for all of you

I need your opinion on which ONE of these T.V shows Is the worst for America ! And the American Children

I'll need not only the worst but why is it the worse

HINT the answer I'm looking for YOU must think OUT SIDE the BOX

1) All my Chilsren ? 2) As the world turns ? 3 ) Jerry Springer ? 4) Movey Provich SHOW ? 5 ) Bold and Beautiful ? 6) Desprate house wifes ?

I'll put my comments & number one pick in about 3-5 day for today 3/3/05

Last edited by a moderator:
1) All my Chilsren ? 2) As the world turns ? 3 ) Jerry Springer ? 4) Movey Provich SHOW ? 5 ) Bold and Beautiful ? 6) Desprate house wifes ?

I haven't watched any of these shows....Ok, a few years ago I saw Springer and I had a girlfriend who was hooked on All My Chitlins many years ago, but that's it, and I certainly don't watch now.

What's worse are the 1/2 hour situation comedies. I'm probably the only one in here , other than our European friends, who has never seen "Everyone loves Raymond." Blech!

South Park, Deadwood, Who's Line Is it Anyway, the occassional Law and Order, and Judge Judy is a turn on....lol..., and Washington Journal while I'm having that first cup of coffee, and local news, that's pretty much it for me, and I don't go out of my way to watch these.

I have about 25 movie channels, so I usually catch a flick..tonight it was 'The Front,' a Woody Allen movie.

Ok, sometimes I'll sit entranced by the Girls Gone Wild ads. lol Does that count as moral depravity?

Freedom69 said:

Freedom69, when making the original post - at the bottom there is an option to "make this post a poll" with the number of options. Click that, then hit submit and it will show you the poll options - fill in the blanks. This was questioned in a PM, but thought I would answer publically in case others missed it as well.

Back on topic...
The answer for me at least is #6. Desparate Housewives.

The last episode showed 2 boys - one about 16 and the other about 19 were kissing in the shadows. Until that very point it was my second favorite show on Television. Next to Boston Legal. Now, it won't be watched in this house.
Not only was homosexuality on public broadcast, but it was illegal as one was a minor. This was the second minor involved in sexual activity on this show.
Sad really, it was an interesting show. Plus, the redhead is HOT!

The true answer is of course #7 - all the above.

Ok, sometimes I'll sit entranced by the Girls Gone Wild ads. lol Does that count as moral depravity?
:rofl

vauge said:
The last episode showed 2 boys - one about 16 and the other about 19 were kissing in the shadows. Until that very point it was my second favorite show on Television. Next to Boston Legal. Now, it won't be watched in this house.
Not only was homosexuality on public broadcast, but it was illegal as one was a minor. This was the second minor involved in sexual activity on this show.
Since when was kissing illegal? As for age of consent and whether it could be construed as statuatory rape between a 16 and 19 year old, well, some states say that that's ok, some don't.

As for homosexuality on public broadcast, I wouldn't expect it to go away, only become more prevalent. Luckily, we can all vote with our remotes. I won't tune in to specifically see it, but I won't tune out if it's there because of it.

(Edited to add link)

vauge said:
Freedom69, when making the original post - at the bottom there is an option to "make this post a poll" with the number of options. Click that, then hit submit and it will show you the poll options - fill in the blanks. This was questioned in a PM, but thought I would answer publically in case others missed it as well.

Back on topic...

yes! another boston legal fan, I am addicted to that show! shatner, never better, well, he was awesoe in star trek...but i think he may be better here (i am a trekkie, so i love the shatner man)

Frnakly, I really like all my children!

vauge said:

Back on topic...

Sexual activity between minors is not illegal. Every state has their own laws but the most restrictive states require the active parties to be within one year age difference of each other. So if both boys were both 16 or 17 it wasn't illegal. Well, unless one was under age and one was of age (18.) But even then in California one would need to be under 16 and the other over 18. I think that show takes place in California.

Red Head's Hot? Might have to watch. Wait, the Red Head you speak of is a chick, right?

vauge said:

Desperate Housewives in one of my favourites at the moment, although I think we're way behind you here in the UK as there hasn't been any hint of gayness yet. Thanks for the tip Vaugue - I shall be sure not to miss an episode now!

Kissing, as has been pointed out by someone else, is not illegal. Vaugue, if that constitutes full on sex for you, poor Mrs Vaugue! ;)

vauge said:
Sad really, it was an interesting show.

If you're going to stop watching because the show has depicted a bit of reality, then I'm afraid it's you who is sad, Vaugue. Kind of cutting your nose off to spite your face, really.

vauge said:
Plus, the redhead is HOT!

The hunky gardener is hotter!

Naughty Nurse said:
If you're going to stop watching because the show has depicted a bit of reality, then I'm afraid it's you who is sad, Vaugue. Kind of cutting your nose off to spite your face, really.

I just think that has no place on public TV. Many homosexuals (including the infamous O'Donnald) has stated that being lesbian is a "curse". It is not normal. As ensinuated by a Harvard group over Jada Pinkett Smith's speech being called hetronormative; This leads me to believe that even they understand that it is not normal. Why encourage this behavior?

As Shaumort said, we can vote with our remotes'. That is my choice.

But even then in California one would need to be under 16 and the other over 18. I think that show takes place in California.

One is in college the other in high school. Perhaps the highschooler is above 16. They are definatly walking a fine line with this.

Red Head's Hot? Might have to watch. Wait, the Red Head you speak of is a chick, right?
She looks very nice in a black nightie! Her character is very seductive.

Boston Legal: shatner, never better, well, he was awesoe in star trek...but i think he may be better here (i am a trekkie, so i love the shatner man)
Denny Crain...:rofl He is awesome! I too, a trekkie, but this is by far the role of his career.

Hey man are you compensating for something with that huge signature?

Last edited:
vauge said:
I just think that has no place on public TV. Many homosexuals (including the infamous O'Donnald) has stated that being lesbian is a "curse". It is not normal. As ensinuated by a Harvard group over Jada Pinkett Smith's speech being called hetronormative; This leads me to believe that even they understand that it is not normal. Why encourage this behavior?

As Shaumort said, we can vote with our remotes'. That is my choice.

Heteronormative? :rofl Some gays and lesbians are so far up their own bottoms, it's laughable!

Vauge, there is no such thing as "normal" sexuality. Nobody chooses to be how they are, or we would all be hetero. Is your own sexuality so fragile that you can't bear the thought of others being different?

What would happen if one of your own children turned out to be gay? That is possible!

Naughty Nurse said:
Nobody chooses to be how they are, or we would all be hetero.

This is where you and I differ in opinions. I am not gay, (those 4 guys in gym class - didn't count - just kidding!), and I am very confident in my own sexuality. If someone 'chooses' that lifestyle, that is perfectly acceptable to me. Just keep it to yourself. I could careless what anyone's sexual preference is.

I was raped as a kid - that does not help. Because of this I cannot help but to think that gay people are perverts. So to answer your question, religion and past experience help me to despise that type of chosen behavior.

I would not dought that there are gay people that truely believe that they are not attracted to the opposite sex. Perhaps I am just shallow to believe that there is a cure.

What would happen if one of your own children turned out to be gay?

I would wonder what I did wrong as a father.

How is that for honesty?

vauge said:
I was raped as a kid - that does not help. Because of this I cannot help but to think that gay people are perverts. So to answer your question, religion and past experience help me to despise that type of chosen behavior.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience.
However, that guy was presumably a paedophile, which is different from being gay.

Most rapists, whether they rape adults or children, do so to female victims. Should we despise all heterosexuals because of this?

vauge said:
I would not dought that there are gay people that truely believe that they are not attracted to the opposite sex. Perhaps I am just shallow to believe that there is a cure.

I do not "truly believe" that I am not attracted to the opposite sex in the same way that I do not truly believe that I have 2 legs, 2 arms and 1 head! Cures are for diseases. My sexuality is not a disease. Neither is it a choice.

vauge said:
I would wonder what I did wrong as a father.

How is that for honesty?

Vauge, one of the things I admire about you is your honesty. I would rather people say what they think than patronise me with lies.

I find your comment about being a father rather sad.

Last edited:
My answer to this POLL now keep in mind it was in part a trick Question from a person who Does admit he THINKS outside the BOX

It's No. 1) desperate house wifes WHY you may ask...........

Because it's the most popular show it's on Prime time on Sunday.........

Now You may say well how about Jerry Springer ? or Morie Provich
( SPELLING) ?

True they may show more SLUTTY things i.e woman taking off their cloths showing their Brest and MORE etc and using Fowl language etc.

But at least when your children see them .... You can say to them if you want to live your life like those trailer park Trash then that's how you act.

Deprerate house wife ..... These woman / man..
Live in a very upper middle class life style it's what you what you children to aim for......

It take away our defense system

No..2) general Hosptial

No.3 ) Days of uor Lifes 1-2-3-4- reall do not matter I hope you get my point!..

I still believe in freedom of the press / media
FREEDOM69

Back
Top Bottom