• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gaming - Valheim (Amazing!)

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
So this game just came out on Steam (maybe just PC only?) and it's early access but even with that it's really good. It's a survival type world that definitely isn't easy. I've put almost 18 hrs into it and have barely scratched the surface. Think of Minecraft mixed with some Viking mythology and more in-depth world building. It's pretty cheap ($20 iirc) and the reviews are all top marks. Check it out.

One tip (I don't know anything really) is you can have 3 foods of any type active, even 2 types of meats. If you find a hive shoot it/knock it down and get the queen for building your own hive later. I have 2 hives now and honey gives the best health regen but it's duration is shorter, so the move hives the better.

So this game just came out on Steam (maybe just PC only?) and it's early access but even with that it's really good. It's a survival type world that definitely isn't easy. I've put almost 18 hrs into it and have barely scratched the surface. Think of Minecraft mixed with some Viking mythology and more in-depth world building. It's pretty cheap ($20 iirc) and the reviews are all top marks. Check it out.

One tip (I don't know anything really) is you can have 3 foods of any type active, even 2 types of meats. If you find a hive shoot it/knock it down and get the queen for building your own hive later. I have 2 hives now and honey gives the best health regen but it's duration is shorter, so the move hives the better.

We were talking about it a little bit in the Blog thread. A couple of us have it. I hate what to me is blurry graphics, and kinda clunky controls at times, but I have been coming back to it and putting a little time(and lately a little time is all I have) into it. I think if I did not have to spend freaking 2 or 3 minutes to get a build tile to snap right I would like it more.

We were talking about it a little bit in the Blog thread. A couple of us have it. I hate what to me is blurry graphics, and kinda clunky controls at times, but I have been coming back to it and putting a little time(and lately a little time is all I have) into it. I think if I did not have to spend freaking 2 or 3 minutes to get a build tile to snap right I would like it more.

Building can take a little to get used to. I've gotten faster, though I'm still slow. I'd like there to be a button you can push that lets you walk to an edge without falling off, like how Minecraft has it, but I'm getting used it it.

I just died fighting second boss. Boooo! Rofl.

Building can take a little to get used to. I've gotten faster, though I'm still slow. I'd like there to be a button you can push that lets you walk to an edge without falling off, like how Minecraft has it, but I'm getting used it it.

I just died fighting second boss. Boooo! Rofl.

The bosses got nothing on trees when it comes to killing me. :LOL:

The bosses got nothing on trees when it comes to killing me. :LOL:

Rofl...I watched enough videos before buying the game to alert me of that danger so as soon as the tree pops I back up and get ready to move.

Rofl...I watched enough videos before buying the game to alert me of that danger so as soon as the tree pops I back up and get ready to move.

Always stand up hill, always run uphill.... but even them it have domino the trees around me and come back to kill me.

But yeah, I'm through the learning phase. Now the only time I get killed by trees is when a troll knocks them down.

Always stand up hill, always run uphill.... but even them it have domino the trees around me and come back to kill me.

But yeah, I'm through the learning phase. Now the only time I get killed by trees is when a troll knocks them down.

Yeah...trolls are rough. I'm in full troll leather armor now though. Not that armor really means anything with trolls, still have to run and shoot.

I got wrecked by a sea monster 😭

I had to start over because The Elder boss died in the water and the key he drops despawned. Boooo!

Snoop Dogg rage quitting, lololol.

This might help some:

Back
Top Bottom