• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gallup: Obama's Approval at All-Time Low--Among Liberals

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Link

By Terence P. Jeffrey
September 19, 2011
Subscribe to Terence P. Jeffrey's posts

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama's job approval among liberals tied its all-time low in the Gallup poll last week, according to survey data released today.

In the seven-day period that ended on Sept. 18, only 68 percent of liberals told Gallup they approved of the way Obama was handling his job as president. The president's job approval among liberals had previously dropped to 68 percent in the week that ended on Aug. 28. (However, it then rebounded slightly, rising to 71 percent in the week that ended on Sept. 4, before dropping to 69 percent in the week that ended on Sept. 11.)

As recently as the week that ended May 22, 2011, Obama's approval in the Gallup poll had been at 81 percent among liberals.

Doesn't sound good.

Liberals vow to challenge Obama in Democratic primaries - Washington Times

It true liberals are disappointed with Obama. However, his newest ideas - rising taxes on the wealthy and the different tract in job creation - are polling as much more popular with liberals and moderates and most independent voters so I expect to see his approval ratings to start climbing a bit

I'm not surprised that the OP doesn't mention that the republican party is at an all time low amongst republican voters.

It's just the predictable result of their "fair and balanced" policy

Approval ratings drop over time. Clinton and Reagan aside, every president's approval rating was at an all time low pretty much all the time since WWII

Wiki Link

Hell I think Reagan had an approval rating in the low 30s at one point.

The topic is Obama, can show the poll is incorrect?

You fail because no ones arguing the poll is incorrect, as Sangha correctly showed you it's putting it into context.

Congress approval rating is at 12%...

Washington itself is now the most hated place in America. The president is a part of that resentment.

And by the way, you have an obvious disdain for "liberals". Shouldn't this mean you should be supporting the president if he's pissing them off?

My approval of Obama is low...but I'm still going to vote for him. In other words, this poll doesn't really mean anything.

You fail because no ones arguing the poll is incorrect, as Sangha correctly showed you it's putting it into context.

Congress approval rating is at 12%...

Washington itself is now the most hated place in America. The president is a part of that resentment.

And by the way, you have an obvious disdain for "liberals". Shouldn't this mean you should be supporting the president if he's pissing them off?

Don't you know Obama's a liberal too?

I am showing the context which makes the one statistic meaningless and misleading

Good luck, we'll all remember you approved that techniquet later. It usually called going off topic, but now it's the Sangha Principle. Again, this thread is about Obama, you can start a GOP thread.

My approval of Obama is low...but I'm still going to vote for him. In other words, this poll doesn't really mean anything.
I'm not surprised.

It true liberals are disappointed with Obama. However, his newest ideas - rising taxes on the wealthy and the different tract in job creation - are polling as much more popular with liberals and moderates and most independent voters so I expect to see his approval ratings to start climbing a bit

what in the world makes you think these are his "newest" ideas? he's been floating this stuff periodically since he was trying to figure out a way to pay for Obamacare. an unfillibusterable Democrat Senate wouldn't pass this crap then, and they won't now.

what in the world makes you think these are his "newest" ideas? he's been floating this stuff periodically since he was trying to figure out a way to pay for Obamacare. an unfillibusterable Democrat Senate wouldn't pass this crap then, and they won't now.

He only floats those ideas when he's in "campaign mode". Don't worry; He'll forget all about it as soon as he's re-elected

well, naturally. as the man said, if this trash were to actually pass, it would hurt us in a recession and he would be blamed.

Back
Top Bottom