• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gallup - Hillary Clinton Maintains Near Record-High Favorability

Moot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans remain nearly as positive toward Hillary Clinton today as they have ever been over the past 20 years. The secretary of state's favorable rating remains at 66%, within one percentage point of her record-high rating in late 1998. Her unfavorable rating of 29% ties her record low since 1993...
Hillary Clinton Maintains Near Record-High Favorability

So that was 2012....and for over twenty years she had high favorability ratings...and that's probably what helped convince her to run again. I suspect that if Republicans didn't think she would run, they probably would've left her alone and her ratings would still be high.

In 2012, few potential GOP candidates were above 40%...Rubio was at +29%...Jeb Bush was at +36%. So how could Republicans compete with such low ratings against Hillary's high ratings of +66%? Well, the easiest way would be to bring her ratings down to their level.

I don't think I need to go into detail about what Republicans did over the last four years to bring Hillary's ratings down suffice it to say it was so obvious from day one what they were doing and what their objective was and anyone who fell for it...shame on you.

Anyway, I just wonder why Republicans think they can't win unless they bring their opponents ratings down, instead of trying to make their own rise up?

So that was 2012....and for over twenty years she had high favorability ratings...and that's probably what helped convince her to run again. I suspect that if Republicans didn't think she would run, they probably would've left her alone and her ratings would still be high.

In 2012, few potential GOP candidates were above 40%...Rubio was at +29%...Jeb Bush was at +36%. So how could Republicans compete with such low ratings against Hillary's high ratings of +66%? Well, the easiest way would be to bring her ratings down to their level.

I don't think I need to go into detail about what Republicans did over the last four years to bring Hillary's ratings down suffice it to say it was so obvious from day one what they were doing and what their objective was and anyone who fell for it...shame on you.

Anyway, I just wonder why Republicans think they can't win unless they bring their opponents ratings down, instead of trying to make their own rise up?

Wow, one might wonder why so many Democrats also seem to prefer tearing their opponents down rather than building their own up.

Seems like every objection to the current GOP front-runner hinges on terms like "racist, misogynist, and xenophobe." :confused:

You are so right about the GOP. they have known for a long time that she is the #1 candidate likely to break the glass ceiling and have spent millions of GOP and taxpayer money to discredit her. But I see it as making her win in November twice as sweet because it will coincide with the collapse of her nemesis. Never has a victory been so clear and a nefarious scheme been so turned against its perpetrators. It is quite remarkable really.

Wow, one might wonder why so many Democrats also seem to prefer tearing their opponents down rather than building their own up.

Seems like every objection to the current GOP front-runner hinges on terms like "racist, misogynist, and xenophobe." :confused:

Hillary entire primary campaign was on the issues. The GOP preferred "dick measuring" instead but yes you got it right. Trump is all those things and more even worse things too. But you can guess at what the Dems have dug up on Trump next. He has a very long and well documented past chock full of dirt. I'm afraid it will be too tempting for the Super pacs to resist so hold on to your hats.

Last edited:
You are so right about the GOP. they have known for a long time that she is the #1 candidate likely to break the glass ceiling and have spent millions of GOP and taxpayer money to discredit her. But I see it as making her win in November twice as sweet because it will coincide with the collapse of her nemesis. Never has a victory been so clear and a nefarious scheme been so turned against its perpetrators. It is quite remarkable really.

Why Hillary?

Why not Kathleen Sebelius, Hilda Solis, Elizabeth Warren, or Kirsten Gillibrand? All female members of the Democratic Party with experience as elected officials and political office holders. All with significantly less baggage than Hillary Clinton.

Hillary entire primary campaign was on the issues. The GOP preferred "dick measuring" instead but yes you got it right. Trump is all those things and more even worse things too. But you can guess at what the Dems have dug up on Trump next. He has a very long and well documented past chock full of dirt. I'm afraid it will be too tempting for the Super pacs to resist so hold on to your hats.

Hillary Clinton has more "skeletons in her closet" than can be fairly examined. Many are popping out now, despite media attempts to hide them. That plus she is highly disliked even amongst her fellow Democrats many of whom showed this in their preference for Bernie Sanders and who still don't want to vote for her.

So don't count your chickens before they hatch. I don't.

Last edited:

So Hillary is an innocent bystander and Republicans have done things to her.

Wow, somebody lives in a fantasy world.

Why Hillary?

Why not Kathleen Sebelius, Hilda Solis, Elizabeth Warren, or Kirsten Gillibrand? All female members of the Democratic Party with experience as elected officials and political office holders. All with significantly less baggage than Hillary Clinton.

Hmm. It must be late. You forgot the OP already. Like Moot said, Hillary has the name recognition and popularity and she has worked the hardest to get where she is today. Then there is the sweet taste of vindication on those that worked so hard to put her down that may have played a part too. With experience comes baggage no doubt but she really wants the job and that is not easy to find anymore. Its a really tough job.

ROTFLOL...
Don't have too many wet dreams.
The salvo's haven't begin flying towards I'm Not a Crook Hillary yet.

That is what Republicans actually said yes. The sole aim of the Benghazi investigation was to stick it to Hillary.

A second Republican congressman admitted in a radio interview that the House Select Committee on Benghazi was convened as a partisan political attack against Hillary Clinton.

On September 29, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy boasted that the Benghazi panel had been intended to and succeeded in hurting Clinton's poll numbers in the presidential race. A former Benghazi committee staffer corroborated the claim, saying the "partisan investigation" had shifted its focus almost exclusively to Clinton. In light of the admission, the New York Times editorial board called on Republicans to "shut down the Benghazi Committee," which it deemed a "charade" and a "laughable crusade."

Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY) admitted in a radio interview on New York's Keeler in the Morning that Clinton was a target of the Benghazi panel and that McCarthy "had it right to begin with," as Think Progress reported. Hanna explained, "I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people and an individual, Hillary Clinton." From the October 14 report:

Second GOP Congressman Admits Benghazi Panel Was "Designed" To Target Clinton

Hillary was at 66%....and Jeb was at 35%. Which candidate do you think needed to tear their opponent down?

I don't think Dems need to tear their opponents apart because they seem to do a pretty good job of it all by themselves. The dems didn't make Trump say racist and sexist things...he did it all by himself...and now he has the lowest ratings in history for a presidential candidate.

Meanwhile, Clinton's ratings are on the rise.

Why Hillary?

Hillary Clinton has more "skeletons in her closet" than can be fairly examined. Many are popping out now, despite media attempts to hide them. That plus she is highly disliked even amongst her fellow Democrats many of whom showed this in their preference for Bernie Sanders and who still don't want to vote for her.

So don't count your chickens before they hatch. I don't.

Your eggs are rotten, you might as well toss them out.

Hmm. It must be late. You forgot the OP already. Like Moot said, Hillary has the name recognition and popularity and she has worked the hardest to get where she is today. Then there is the sweet taste of vindication on those that worked so hard to put her down that may have played a part too. With experience comes baggage no doubt but she really wants the job and that is not easy to find anymore. Its a really tough job.

Hmm, it must be very late...for you to fail to read for content.

Hillary's "name recognition" is exactly what is working against her today...and I doubt it is due to Republican smear tactics. Nope, she did it all on her lonesome during her term as Secretary of State, not to mention her prior activities while her hubby was Governor and later President.

I admit she HAS worked hard to get where she is today, she is a consummate politician...but people are fed up with politicians, or hadn't you noticed that particular dynamic this election season?

Anyway, like I said...don't count your chickens. :coffeepap:

Hmm, it must be very late...for you to fail to read for content.

Hillary's "name recognition" is exactly what is working against her today...and I doubt it is due to Republican smear tactics. Nope, she did it all on her lonesome during her term as Secretary of State, not to mention her prior activities while her hubby was Governor and later President.

I admit she HAS worked hard to get where she is today, she is a consummate politician...but people are fed up with politicians, or hadn't you noticed that particular dynamic this election season?

Anyway, like I said...don't count your chickens. :coffeepap:

Most people are not fed up with politicians enough to want a reality TV Star that is certain. I think all of us are fed up with the Republican party though. That is what I saw in their primary. The Trump vote was against GOP politicians.

Wow, somebody lives in a fantasy world.

The GOP used four dead Americans as political fodder to bring Clinton down and even stooped as low as to accuse her of murder. After 10 or 12 hearings and numerous investigations....they came up with nothing. So yeah, I'd say that was Republicans doing things to her. So what kind of fantasy world do you live in?

ROTFLOL...
Don't have too many wet dreams.
The salvo's haven't begin flying towards I'm Not a Crook Hillary yet.

Trump brought his favorability down to -17%. I dunno...is it possible for him to get any lower than he already is? Just thinking about it does make me feel a little moist. lol

Perhaps people dont like Clinton because they see how she actually is? If you honestly expect people to believe the Republicans are the only reason she has horrendous favorability numbers now, you are clueless. Don't give the GOP establishment that much credit. She did this to herself.

The GOP used four dead Americans as political fodder to bring Clinton down and even stooped as low as to accuse her of murder. After 10 or 12 hearings and numerous investigations....they came up with nothing. So yeah, I'd say that was Republicans doing things to her. So what kind of fantasy world do you live in?

Again, so Hillary has done nothing to make her approval rating go down?

You think it was all made up by the Republicans?

That is your fantasy world.

Perhaps people dont like Clinton because they see how she actually is? If you honestly expect people to believe the Republicans are the only reason she has horrendous favorability numbers now, you are clueless. Don't give the GOP establishment that much credit. She did this to herself.

She's been in the public eye for over thirty years. So don't you think people saw how she was when she was the first lady...and a US Senator....and a 2008 presidential candidate...and US Secretary of State?

Last edited:
Again, so Hillary has done nothing to make her approval rating go down?

You think it was all made up by the Republicans?

That is your fantasy world.

Was it a fantasy when Republicans admitted that the Benghazi hearings were designed to make her ratings go down?

She's been in the public eye for over thirty years. So you don't think people saw how she was when she was the first lady...and a US Senator....and a 2008 presidential candidate...and US Secretary of State?

Yea I do, but its different when you're running for President. And let's remember in 2008 her own party didn't pick her. So obviously they saw something wrong with her. She has never been well liked by Republicans. But people are tired of the establishment candidates and that would explain why her numbers have dropped across the board. Oh, and also the entire email issue. The Republicans didn't force her to break the law in regards to the email server. She did that herself.

Only because she spent the entire campaign having to disavow her old positions on every single issue that she and Bill championed for decades. Maybe that's why her favorability is so low, her spineless pandering was brought to the forefront.

Yea I do, but its different when you're running for President. And let's remember in 2008 her own party didn't pick her. So obviously they saw something wrong with her. She has never been well liked by Republicans. But people are tired of the establishment candidates and that would explain why her numbers have dropped across the board. Oh, and also the entire email issue. The Republicans didn't force her to break the law in regards to the email server. She did that herself.

Just because a party didn't pick someone doesn't inherently mean there is something wrong with them. It's usually because they aren't seasoned enough like when Reagan, Dole, McCain and Romney all came in 2nd place before being nominated. However in Hillary's case she was the more seasoned choice so that could point to something wrong.

Was it a fantasy when Republicans admitted that the Benghazi hearings were designed to make her ratings go down?

Obviously, since that never happened

True, they didn't pick her...but they didn't destroy her, either. Her ratings in 2008 were 52%....and Obama's was 61%.

Her Republican colleagues in congress gave her high marks...

Correct The Record | Praise for Hillary Clinton

In 2013, Republicans gave her a 37% favorable rating. Which is more or less what they're giving Trump now.

Clinton has nearly unanimous support from fellow Democrats -- 91 percent -- in the new poll, also a career best. She also scores a gaudy 65 percent approval score among independents and more than one in three (37 percent) of Republicans believe she is doing a good job. That's more than double the number of Republicans who approve of the way President Obama is doing his job....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...linton-as-she-faces-little-regarded-congress/

If she broke the law then where are the criminal charges?

True, they didn't pick her...but they didn't destroy her, either. Her ratings in 2008 were 52%....and Obama's was 61%.

Her Republican colleagues in congress gave her high marks...

Correct The Record | Praise for Hillary Clinton

In 2013, Republicans gave her a 37% favorable rating. Which is more or less what they're giving Trump now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...linton-as-she-faces-little-regarded-congress/

None of this proves that the reason her numbers are so low is because of the Republicans. Cmon, that party couldn't even beat Trump and you expect me to believe they can convince over 60% of people to view her negatively. People simply don't like her any longer and they see past the numbers that were mainly high because her husband was a prior President.

Back
Top Bottom