• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gallup Daily: Obama, McCain Tied at 45%

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
So much for Obama's bump...........:rofl

June 25, 2008
Gallup Daily: Obama, McCain Tied at 45%Obama had held at least a slim advantage for most of JuneUSA Election 2008 Gallup Daily Americas Northern America PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking update on the presidential election finds John McCain and Barack Obama exactly tied at 45%among registered voters nationwide.

June 25, 2008
Gallup Daily: Obama, McCain Tied at 45%Obama had held at least a slim advantage for most of JuneUSA Election 2008 Gallup Daily Americas Northern America PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking update on the presidential election finds John McCain and Barack Obama exactly tied at 45%among registered voters nationwide.

Rasmussen is impartial and one of the most respected pollers in this country

Rasmussen is one of the most creditable pollers in the U.S.

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Barack Obama attracting 46% of the vote while John McCain earns 41%. When "leaners" are included, Obama leads 49% to 45%. Three percent (3%) say they will vote for a third-party option while 3% remain undecided Tracking poll results are updated at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day (see notes on recent demographic data). Democrats continue to enjoy a thirteen-percentage point advantage in Generic Congressional Ballot polling.

Well, one of the most reliable pollsters(as claimed by you) around disagrees. I'm shaking.

Last edited:
Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Well, one of the most reliable pollsters(as claimed by you) around disagrees. I'm shaking.

Hey Rasmussen is a good polling agency....Unlike you I don't knock them because they are a little off but Gallup is by far the oldest and most respected polling agency in this country............Has been for 100 years.............

I didn't think you would like that poll though............What happened to the Obama bump??????????????:confused:

Last edited:
I'm so wore out from the primaries and all that entailed, I just think America needs a break from all the damn polls that try to predict everything and anything, or try to measure every single insignifcant change or fluctuation. It feels like there has been an election going on for 3 years now.

Regardless of what you think of all these polls, I think it's telling that McCain has not been ahead in any head-to-head poll with Obama since a USA Today poll from 5/3 (McCain +1). McCain has not been ahead outside of the margin of error since a Rasmussen poll from 4/13 (McCain +7).

Regardless of what you think of all these polls, I think it's telling that McCain has not been ahead in any head-to-head poll with Obama since a USA Today poll from 5/3 (McCain +1). McCain has not been ahead outside of the margin of error since a Rasmussen poll from 4/13 (McCain +7).

I'm not discounting them, I'm just saying to the media, give us a month off or something. Everday its McCain this, Obama that and if they aren't saying it, its scrolling across the bottom of the screen etc....

Hey Rasmussen is a good polling agency....Unlike you I don't knock them because they are a little off but Gallup is by far the oldest and most respected polling agency in this country............Has been for 100 years.............

I didn't think you would like that poll though............What happened to the Obama bump??????????????:confused:

FUnny, that wasn't your impression or Gallup nor your argument earlier on when you were posting polls and it was pointing out Gallup had McCain losing to Obama and Hillary.

Look, thing is, we have Newsweek and LATimes gicing Obama a mysterious bumb vew days ago, and we have Gallup and Rasmussen either tied or Obama a few points ahead. I don't know much history when it comes to polls, but I do know that Gallup and Rasmussan have reliable and respected records of usually hitting it on the mark.

But thats just loose talk though....

Question is, why is it that you have one poll that shows McCain and Obama tied, another one shows Obama only a few points ahead, and 2 other polls that show Obama with a huge bounce...

Could it be...there is some competition between polling companies as well??

Hey Rasmussen is a good polling agency....Unlike you I don't knock them because they are a little off ...
:rofl

Navy....Navy....Navy....sometimes you just make it too easy....

Are you just flat out lying or getting a touch forgetful?

Do the words "Rasmussen is a biased pollster that only polls liberals" ring a bell to you?

If gallup is always better than Rasumussen, why link Rasmussen ever?

I suppose I will not beat the horse that is running over Navy right now...his posting history on this subject is his own worst enemy and better ammunition than I could ever come up with.

I read this morning that polls being taken regarding Clinton supporters show that around half are behind Obama now and will vote in November, while a quarter claim they will vote for McCain, and the others undecided or third party. I'm too tired to research this, but I think it's on Fox News as well...you know, McCain's Ministry of Propaganda. What does this mean? If it's true, then McCain is history and the electoral college will sweep Obama into the White House. It seems absolutely reasonable.

McCain will be a footnote in American history as the little old engine that tried. I'll just be glad when this is over. I'm sick of all the ****ing emails about how Obama is going to sell this country out as a terrorist appeaser and how his Muslim leanings are anti-American and dangerous for our children.

June 25, 2008

What does Gallup say about your chances of beating McCain? ;)

FUnny, that wasn't your impression or Gallup nor your argument earlier on when you were posting polls and it was pointing out Gallup had McCain losing to Obama and Hillary.

I don't think I ever mentioned Gallup before........... I did say that Rasmussen came the closest in polling in the 2004 presidential election.........

Look, thing is, we have Newsweek and LATimes gicing Obama a mysterious bumb vew days ago, and we have Gallup and Rasmussen either tied or Obama a few points ahead. I don't know much history when it comes to polls, but I do know that Gallup and Rasmussan have reliable and respected records of usually hitting it on the mark.

But thats just loose talk though....

Question is, why is it that you have one poll that shows McCain and Obama tied, another one shows Obama only a few points ahead, and 2 other polls that show Obama with a huge bounce...

Could it be...there is some competition between polling companies as well??

I think you have to consider the source...........Both the LA Times and Newsweek lean far to the left and are in the bag for Obama....

:rofl

Navy....Navy....Navy....sometimes you just make it too easy....

Are you just flat out lying or getting a touch forgetful?

Do the words "Rasmussen is a biased pollster that only polls liberals" ring a bell to you?

Nope it doesn't............Your going to have to start coming up with proof when you pull these quotes out of your ass..........
Your not in court here..........:rofl

I suppose I will not beat the horse that is running over Navy right now...his posting history on this subject is his own worst enemy and better ammunition than I could ever come up with.

I read this morning that polls being taken regarding Clinton supporters show that around half are behind Obama now and will vote in November, while a quarter claim they will vote for McCain, and the others undecided or third party. I'm too tired to research this, but I think it's on Fox News as well...you know, McCain's Ministry of Propaganda. What does this mean? If it's true, then McCain is history and the electoral college will sweep Obama into the White House. It seems absolutely reasonable.

McCain will be a footnote in American history as the little old engine that tried. I'll just be glad when this is over. I'm sick of all the ****ing emails about how Obama is going to sell this country out as a terrorist appeaser and how his Muslim leanings are anti-American and dangerous for our children.

Why don't you try and add something constructive to the thread instead of spouting left wing tripe?

Nope it doesn't............Your going to have to start coming up with proof when you pull these quotes out of your ass..........

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a mid-term election.

According to Rasmussen Reports (link above), Democrats are leading by large margins in all indicators regarding the 2008 election. While it is still a long ways away, the road does not look particular good for the GOP.

Especially interesting is that all three of the leading Democratic candidates for President beats every leading Republican candidate for President.

Here is the link:
Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a mid-term election.

Your response :

Why wasn't I polled? Why do they always poll liberals?

Right.

I dont think polls matter that much right now ive heard all kinds of different figures they are all over the place.

I dont think polls matter that much right now ive heard all kinds of different figures they are all over the place.

I agree but when I see one of these lefties post a poll from a left wing rag like Newsweek I have to re butt that one.........

I agree but when I see one of these lefties post a poll from a left wing rag like Newsweek I have to re butt that one.........

Can we just solve this issue once and for all then. What news organizations or polling sites would you accept? Lets go ahead and not factor in what time of year or how far away said vote occurs, but based purely on the reputation and methods of polling.

Can we just solve this issue once and for all then. What news organizations or polling sites would you accept? Lets go ahead and not factor in what time of year or how far away said vote occurs, but based purely on the reputation and methods of polling.

All those comedians out of work and then you have a far left liberal making jokes.......Stick to your goofy politics, you would be better off.......

Now I consider both Rasmussen and Gallup very credible polling agencies...Newsweek is another matter.......They are about as far left as you are...........

Now since I usually don't respond to your childish tripe this will be my last post to you.........Have a nice day..........

All those comedians out of work and then you have a far left liberal making jokes.......Stick to your goofy politics, you would be better off.......

Now I consider both Rasmussen and Gallup very credible polling agencies...Newsweek is another matter.......They are about as far left as you are...........

Now since I usually don't respond to your childish tripe this will be my last post to you.........Have a nice day..........

:confused: Um... I was just asking you a question. I was very careful to phrase it in a way that is completely non aggressive but... apparently I'm now a far left liberal making jokes? Sure. Oh wait, I'm not only a far left liberal making jokes and have goofy politics but I post childish tripe as well. Me thinks somebody is a bit sensitive today. Anywho...

So we'll go ahead and not post/ignore any polls that don't come from either Gallup or Rasmussen. I'm cool with that, assuming of course you agree? Keep in mind though that the same would be expected from you as well.

Are you really that forgetful?

Back
Top Bottom