• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gallup’s astonishing numbers...

Whovian

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I knew the GOP was poised to do well in the midterms in November, but I wasn't expecting them to do this well.

I think this is a serious indictment of President Obama and his policies. If he fails to realize this and act on it, he's looking at being the most popular single term Preseidnt in US history.

Not that I have a problem with him being a single termer, mind you ;)

LINK

Late yesterday, Gallup came out with new numbers on the generic ballot question—which party’s candidates would you vote for in the election for House of Representatives? Among registered voters Gallup shows Republicans ahead by 46%-42%, about as good a score as Republicans have ever had (and about as bad a score as Democrats have ever had) since Gallup started asking the question in 1942.

However, Gallup also shows the results for two different turnout models. Under its “high turnout model” Republicans lead 53%-40%. Under its “low turnout model” Republicans lead 56%-38%.

These two numbers, if translated into popular votes in the 435 congressional districts, suggest huge gains for Republicans and a Republican House majority the likes of which we have not seen since the election cycles of 1946 or even 1928. For months, people have been asking me if this year looks like ’94. My response is that the poll numbers suggest it looks like 1994, when Republicans gained 52 seats in a House of 435 seats. Or perhaps somewhat better for Republicans and worse for Democrats. The Gallup high turnout and low turnout numbers suggest it looks like 1894, when Republicans gained more than 100 seats in a House of approximately 350 seats.

I knew the GOP was poised to do well in the midterms in November, but I wasn't expecting them to do this well.

I think this is a serious indictment of President Obama and his policies. If he fails to realize this and act on it, he's looking at being the most popular single term Preseidnt in US history.

Not that I have a problem with him being a single termer, mind you ;)

LINK

Late yesterday, Gallup came out with new numbers on the generic ballot question—which party’s candidates would you vote for in the election for House of Representatives? Among registered voters Gallup shows Republicans ahead by 46%-42%, about as good a score as Republicans have ever had (and about as bad a score as Democrats have ever had) since Gallup started asking the question in 1942.

However, Gallup also shows the results for two different turnout models. Under its “high turnout model” Republicans lead 53%-40%. Under its “low turnout model” Republicans lead 56%-38%.

These two numbers, if translated into popular votes in the 435 congressional districts, suggest huge gains for Republicans and a Republican House majority the likes of which we have not seen since the election cycles of 1946 or even 1928. For months, people have been asking me if this year looks like ’94. My response is that the poll numbers suggest it looks like 1994, when Republicans gained 52 seats in a House of 435 seats. Or perhaps somewhat better for Republicans and worse for Democrats. The Gallup high turnout and low turnout numbers suggest it looks like 1894, when Republicans gained more than 100 seats in a House of approximately 350 seats.
*cough* rasmussen is biased *cougb* LOL

???

This was Gallup. Are you saying Gallup is biased?
No, I was repeating libruls always say everytime polls are against them, everytime Rasmussen gave them the worst numbers so they said it must have been biased.

Now Rasmussen gives them the best numbers here, I am wondering if they are going to use that poll now to show how tight the race is :p

No, I was repeating libruls always say everytime polls are against them, everytime Rasmussen gave them the worst numbers so they said it must have been biased.

Now Rasmussen gives them the best numbers here, I am wondering if they are going to use that poll now to show how tight the race is :p

The only person on this site that I've ever heard say that Rasmussen is biased was Navy Pride when he said that "Rasmussen is a biased pollster that only polls liberals".....

The only person on this site that I've ever heard say that Rasmussen is biased was Navy Pride when he said that "Rasmussen is a biased pollster that only polls liberals".....
should I really have to go through threads pulling out every comment on rasmussen?

Good for Republicans.

How is the Senate coming along?

should I really have to go through threads pulling out every comment on rasmussen?

nah...I take your word for it...I just don't personally remember too many people ragging on Rasmussen. I think the only thing I've read (other than NP) are people who say that Rasmussen leans to the right...which is true. Doesn't mean that they aren't a legitimate pollster though.

Pretty much dead even.

GOP has fumbled pretty hard with Angle, O'Donnell, and Fiorina. Those three should have been easy takeaways, but now CA is almost a lost cause, Delaware is lost, and NV is a tossup when it should have been a gimme.

Edit: I mean for ****'s sake, O'Donnell's first line in her first TV campaign is "I'm not a witch." You just can't make this **** up.

Team Blue should sneak out of this with 51 or 52 senate seats.

Last edited:
The GOP will probably take the House, but they have really screwed up by nominating some terrible candidates in places where they could have taken a seat from the Democrats in both Houses.

Back
Top Bottom