• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gaddafi

He was a murdering monster whose death made the world a better place.

His ouster caused the chaos which is now Libya, with Islamic militant / extremists and chaos filling the vacuum created.

He was willing to cooperate with western powers, i.e. turning over his chem WMDs. It would have been better to leave him in place, at least for near future.

His ouster caused the chaos which is now Libya, with Islamic militant / extremists and chaos filling the vacuum created.

He was willing to cooperate with western powers, i.e. turning over his chem WMDs. It would have been better to leave him in place, at least for near future.

He had a multi-decade record of terror and aggression, only tempered by his fear after he saw our power in Iraq. I'm glad he's gone and I'll take what comes.

He had a multi-decade record of terror and aggression, only tempered by his fear after he saw our power in Iraq. I'm glad he's gone and I'll take what comes.

True. But there's a time and place for everything, and I don't think the time of his ouster was the best time for it.

No mercy. No regrets.

Jack, yes, I recall Lockerbie and I recall the Munich disco bombing as well.

Not sure that I'd trade the final revenge for these to only open up a vacuum in Libya for ISIS and the like to ooze into. Once ISIS threat has subsided would have been plenty of time, and why the delay for so many decades, if we, the US the EU, really wanted to oust him?

Jack, yes, I recall Lockerbie and I recall the Munich disco bombing as well.

Not sure that I'd trade the final revenge for these to only open up a vacuum in Libya for ISIS and the like to ooze into. Once ISIS threat has subsided would have been plenty of time, and why the delay for so many decades, if we, the US the EU, really wanted to oust him?

The uprising among his own people provided the opportunity. We seized it.

OK. And my question is 'Was this the best possible time for this?'

Considering the ISIS incursion and now control of large tracks of Libya, now a failed state more similar to Somalia, I have reservations.

OK. And my question is 'Was this the best possible time for this?'

Considering the ISIS incursion and now control of large tracks of Libya, now a failed state more similar to Somalia, I have reservations.

It was a good opportunity, and therefore a good time. The rest will get sorted out.

It was a good opportunity, and therefore a good time. The rest will get sorted out.

One can only hope so, but still, ISIS and other militant Islamic extremists have proven themselves rather difficult to remove from an area, once they've entrenched themselves.

Late reply, I know. With minimal research, you'll find the "uprising" was staged and was not his own people. They were mercenaries posing as "rebels" hired by those who wanted to take Gaddafi out for global economical reasons. All Libyans loved Gaddafi and had no reason for any "uprising". Gaddafi set up tribunals all over the country and gave all the power to the people so they could rule themselves. Zero homeless in Libya. Education free. Electricity free. Gaddafi spread the country's wealth so that EVERYBODY benefited. They practically lived in a utopian state of existence. Who would "uprise" against that? That we thought he was a ruthless dictator is a testament to the unbelievable extent the media is being used (and its effectiveness) as a tool of deception. It was all lies and a huge huge disgusting crime.

Late reply, I know. With minimal research, you'll find the "uprising" was staged and was not his own people. They were mercenaries posing as "rebels" hired by those who wanted to take Gaddafi out for global economical reasons. All Libyans loved Gaddafi and had no reason for any "uprising". Gaddafi set up tribunals all over the country and gave all the power to the people so they could rule themselves. Zero homeless in Libya. Education free. Electricity free. Gaddafi spread the country's wealth so that EVERYBODY benefited. They practically lived in a utopian state of existence. Who would "uprise" against that? That we thought he was a ruthless dictator is a testament to the unbelievable extent the media is being used (and its effectiveness) as a tool of deception. It was all lies and a huge huge disgusting crime.

"Gaddafi" and "utopian" in the same sentence.

:lamo

What's next? Saddam was really a great guy? Bashir Al-Assad is wonderful? Pol Pot was just misunderstood?

:roll:

Sorry, but your universe and mine don't really intersect.

Back
Top Bottom