• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

G.O.P. Newcomers Set Out to Undo Obama Victories

I hope they also plan to allow hospitals to turn away ER patients who can't afford to pay. You know, since paying for the healthcare of others is so terrible for us. If we're not going to do it efficiently, maybe we should stop doing it.
People should still have to make minimal payments on ER treatments even if they're low income. Illegals on the other hand......

Last edited:
The last number i heard that it would save $219 billion.

Director's Blog » Blog Archive » Additional Information on CBO’s Preliminary Analysis of H.R. 2

770B in taxes to "save" 230 is not really what most americans consider a "savings"

what facts have i ignored?

well...

LOL!

concerning 2012, which was being talked about a couple pages back on this thread:

Lieberman Won't Run in 2012 | NBC Connecticut

seeing as it's connecticut we're looking at, one would have to assume blues still hold a nice edge

but dan malloy did beat tom foley for hartford by only half a percent on tsunami tuesday

and an OPEN seat is significantly easier to pick off than one sat in by a man of jiltin joe lieberman's stature

most to the point, here, in my opinion---lieberman is a very likely loss for the party of schumer, reid and durbin on the issue of the INDIVIDUAL MANDATE

ie, that'd be BEFORE the elections of 2012

especially if the individualistic and principled independent is completely free to vote his conscience, with no concern for reelection

and remember, if the MANDATE is indeed ambushed, the entire obamacare unravels

fyi

try to anticipate moves ahead

Conrad retirement boosts GOP Senate majority hopes - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

There's not a single successfull story that I can think of which would prove you correct on your assumption that our fellow citizens will assist each other sufficiently.
That is utterly laughable.
Our fellow citizens assisted each other to settle the west. It was cooperation not coercion that helped grow this this nation.
People did just fine without that Ho Pimp'in Mother Dearest DC. There was a time when people were ashamed to get government handouts.
Now people actually elect people with the idea they will steal from others on their behalf!

Welfare Reform... the one Clinton claimed he would never sign and took credit for 10-years later as a huge success illustrates we did not need a government sanctioned 12-step system.

The thread topic here mentiones Obama victories. Wonder how anyone can claim that with the actual results we have today that there were actual victories that benefited the American people? How many believe 3.5 trillion added to the debt and 4 million more unemployed is a victory for the American people?

News Headlines

There was no effective way to prevent either of those things. One of the requirements of a win-lose scenario is that victory has to be a possibility.

Last edited:
There was no effective way to prevent either of those things. One of the requirements of a win-lose scenario is that victory has to be a possibility.

Right, and implementing a far left ideology made victory impossible and the results show it.

You might want to dig into your googles a bit deeper. Look what I found, dated January 6, 2011. LOL :roll:

< CBO has not yet developed a detailed estimate of the budgetary impact of repealing that legislation, although it is working with the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) to complete such an estimate in the near future. Because Congressional deliberations on H.R. 2 could begin very soon, CBO is providing in this letter a less-detailed preliminary analysis of that legislation. CBO and JCT estimated that the March 2010 health care legislation would reduce budget deficits over the 2010–2019 period and in subsequent years; consequently, we expect that repealing that legislation would increase budget deficits. >

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc12040/01-06-PPACA_Repeal.pdf

Good Lord, how can their be any costs repealing something that doesn't go into effect for another 3 years? Still buying the CBO numbers? why? What is the accuracy of the CBO 10 years out on any legislation?

Good Lord, how can their be any costs repealing something that doesn't go into effect for another 3 years? Still buying the CBO numbers? why? What is the accuracy of the CBO 10 years out on any legislation?

Just showing Prof google the errors of his ways. Evidently you are forgetting who your responding to (early onset is so sad). :roll:

I hope this thing tanks, so we can get something even better. like Medicare for all…at the very least.

Just showing Prof google the errors of his ways. Evidently you are forgetting who your responding to (early onset is so sad). :roll:

I hope this thing tanks, so we can get something even better. like Medicare for all…at the very least.

LOL, Medicare for ALL? Now there is a great solution, NOT

Look what I found, dated January 6, 2011.

LOL!

january 7:

link already provided

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…