• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

G.O.P. Concocts New Fake Threat: Vote Fraud by Undocumented Immigrants

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Far from the U.S.-Mexico border, Ohio’s Senate primary shows how the Republican obsession with the fiction of a stolen election has spawned a new cause for fear of illegal immigration.​
[...]​
...the resurgence of the issue on the right has come with a new twist: Republican leaders and candidates are increasingly claiming without basis that unauthorized immigrants are gaining access to the ballot box.​
Leaders of the right have found that simply repeating lies over and over make them true in the minds of their followers. So this new ploy will certainly work just as well as the repeated evidence-free lies about a "stolen election" has worked.

Voter fraud is exceptionally rare, and allegations that widespread numbers of undocumented immigrants are voting have been repeatedly discredited. Yet that fabricated message — capitalizing on a concocted threat to advance Mr. Trump’s broader lie of stolen elections — is now finding receptive audiences in more than a dozen states across the country, including several far from the U.S.-Mexico border.​
This is why talking to many Republicans is so frustrating. Facts mean nothing. Evidence means nothing. There is no, "wait. Does that make sense? What evidence is there to back up this claim?" If it's being "reported" on Fox and parroted by GOP politicians, then it must be true!

Far from the U.S.-Mexico border, Ohio’s Senate primary shows how the Republican obsession with the fiction of a stolen election has spawned a new cause for fear of illegal immigration.​
[...]​
...the resurgence of the issue on the right has come with a new twist: Republican leaders and candidates are increasingly claiming without basis that unauthorized immigrants are gaining access to the ballot box.​
Leaders of the right have found that simply repeating lies over and over make them true in the minds of their followers. So this new ploy will certainly work just as well as the repeated evidence-free lies about a "stolen election" has worked.

Voter fraud is exceptionally rare, and allegations that widespread numbers of undocumented immigrants are voting have been repeatedly discredited. Yet that fabricated message — capitalizing on a concocted threat to advance Mr. Trump’s broader lie of stolen elections — is now finding receptive audiences in more than a dozen states across the country, including several far from the U.S.-Mexico border.​
This is why talking to many Republicans is so frustrating. Facts mean nothing. Evidence means nothing. There is no, "wait. Does that make sense? What evidence is there to back up this claim?" If it's being "reported" on Fox and parroted by GOP politicians, then it must be true!

Every case of voter fraud from 2020 I ever saw reported on was a Republican voting twice or voting on behalf of a dead relative. ****ing Republicans are just trying to up the stupid every day in the week.

[...]​
...the resurgence of the issue on the right has come with a new twist: Republican leaders and candidates are increasingly claiming without basis that unauthorized immigrants are gaining access to the ballot box.

Voter fraud is exceptionally rare, and allegations that widespread numbers of undocumented immigrants are voting have been repeatedly discredited. Yet that fabricated message — capitalizing on a concocted threat to advance Mr. Trump’s broader lie of stolen elections — is now finding receptive audiences in more than a dozen states across the country, including several far from the U.S.-Mexico border.

For many it's all about 'feeling'. They go be 'feelings'.

That they're the prime Dunning-Kreuger demographics doesn't help.

Over the years I've known more than a few people who were here illegally. None of them wanted to go anywhere near anything that looked like a government building or activity.

Over the years I've known more than a few people who were here illegally. None of them wanted to go anywhere near anything that looked like a government building or activity.
Agreed. I've had a number of neighborhood friends who've said they don't even walk past the polling places on election day, for fear of coming under any scrutiny. No undocumented person in their right mind would risk deportation for anything as unrewarding as casting a single ballot.

The so called 'issue' of illegals voting is just more fear mongering from the far right to gin up their base.
The fact that voter fraud in general is very rare, and illegals voting is almost not existent, does not stop the GOP from fearing mongering this falsehood. And for the far righties that only get their 'news' from Fox, newsmax, or the like they do not know they are being fed utter BS.

The so called 'issue' of illegals voting is just more fear mongering from the far right to gin up their base.
The fact that voter fraud in general is very rare, and illegals voting is almost not existent, does not stop the GOP from fearing mongering this falsehood. And for the far righties that only get their 'news' from Fox, newsmax, or the like they do not know they are being fed utter BS.
The base on the right doesnt need to be 'ginned up.' Kook fringe leftist policies and an incompetent president have already taken care of that.

Oh I can totally see someone living underground willing to expose themselves by voting illegally, totally makes sense.......... :rolleyes:

And if they did the Democrats certainly wouldn't have stopped them.

Gotta keep the ignorant rabble all angry and stirred up.

Clowns.....

The base on the right doesnt need to be 'ginned up.' Kook fringe leftist policies and an incompetent president have already taken care of that.
And yet the ginning up continues almost daily as evident by your belief in 'kook fringe leftist policies' and despite all the positive things Biden has done he is somehow 'incompetent'.
What is surprising is that you are a willing victim of far right fear mongering and you do not even realize it.

2 million border encounters and you still want to pretend nothing is happening. Ok.
encounters isn't numbers of people...you realize that right? Nor is it always illegal immigrants they encounter. Yet, we have more open jobs than that in the retail and restaurant industry.....

I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend.
It must be true.
Kinda. But actually, it's more like "I saw it on the "News," and heard it from a US Senator, and heard it from a US Congressperson, and heard it from a former president of the US.
It must be true.

I'm old enough to remember a time in which that would have been a reasonable conclusion.

Of course not.. Which why ID should be required to vote.
I see you've already forgotten what you posted.

And if they did the Democrats certainly wouldn't have stopped them.

Can you tell someone is undocumented just by looking at them?

Back
Top Bottom