• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

G n' R Pelted by Water Bottles

Middleground

Lucky Beaver!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I love the moxie of the Dublin fans who did not take their ****. From what I understand, despite being washed-up has-bins, they are still prima donnas who were fashionable late to yet another concert. They played in my city sometime this past winter, and did not come on until 1:30 am. That's right. A friend of mine who went to the show did not get home until 4:00 and had to be up at 6:00 to make it to work. These jerks think it's okay to treat their fans like crap and I think it's disgusting. This is why I could not help but laugh as Axl and the band get pelted with water bottles. How can one not love the Irish!

Guns N' Roses stormed off stage at a concert in Dublin, Ireland on Wednesday after angry fans pelted the band with bottles for turning up more than an hour late.

The rockers were greeted with a chorus of boos as they started their concert behind schedule, and were forced to stop the set after just 20 minutes when revellers began hurling missiles at them.

A fuming Axl Rose warned the audience he would scrap the show if the onslaught continued, saying, "Here's the deal: One more bottle and we go home.

"It's up to you. We would like to stay. We want to stay. We want to have some fun.

"If you don't want to have fun, all you've got to do is let us know. We've got no problem - we'll go on our way."

The group then left the stage, only to return after an hour to finish the show.

CANOE -- JAM! Music: Guns N' Roses bottled off stage

YouTube - Guns n Roses O2 Dublin Sept 1st 2010 - Welcome to The Jungle - Axl Gets Bottled Off Stage

I saw them in Halifax in 2007 and they were ****ing awesome! But they did turn up 2 hours late.

Unfortunately, they've always had huge egos. I loved them 'back in the day' for various reasons... but now?

People will eventually stop buying ticks to their gigs... and when that happens, they have nobody to blame but themselves and their overinflated heads.

Unfortunately, they've always had huge egos. I loved them 'back in the day' for various reasons... but now?

People will eventually stop buying ticks to their gigs... and when that happens, they have nobody to blame but themselves and their overinflated heads.

Keep in mind though Axl is the only original member still in it.

Yu put up with that crap? I would have been so out of there.

I was such a huge fan, I didn't care.

It's not just another thing for me remember. I'm from South African, I never thought I'd see these people at all. Whether it be Guns n Roses or getting to see U2. I didn't care I had crappy seats, I got to see them. And it's enough for me because I shouldn't have been able to see them at all.

I have no idea why anybody ever expects Guns N' Roses, whatever incarnation they are in, to show up on time. Its pretty much expected that they will be late.

I have no idea why anybody ever expects Guns N' Roses, whatever incarnation they are in, to show up on time. Its pretty much expected that they will be late.

it's still very rude
excusable only if very infrequent
but as you indicate, this rudeness is part and parcel of the group
gnr is deserving of the flak the band received
they should have bought each of those dubliners a pint of guinness as an act of contrition. then it would have been one hell of a show

They say it was water..... I suspect the fans may have processed it first, with the long wait and all.....

" ... Concert organisers reportedly had to stop Axl Rose leaving the venue altogether. Promoter Denis Desmond took to the stage to ask members of the audience who were throwing bottles to refrain, in the hope the band might continue their set.

Rose and his band returned to the stage at 23.20 - nearly two and a half hours after they were scheduled to begin their set - and continued to play until 00:53 when public transport had stopped running.

Many disappointed fans had left the show earlier in the belief it was over.

Earlier this week, Axl Rose had issued a statement via Twitter defending the band's shambolic performances at the Leeds and Reading festivals at the weekend.

Power was cut off after the band took to the Reading stage one hour late.

And at Leeds, Rose used colourful language to admonish the promoters and the police for spoiling the show, telling the crowd: ''We come here to play for you but the cops and the promoters want to **** us in the ***.'' ... "

Fans anger erupts over late Guns N' Roses shows - Channel 4 News

I saw them back in '92 in Arizona. Soundgarden opened for them, and GN'R did show up late. Or rather, Axl did. He showed up like 3-4 hours late. I didn't get back from the show until wayyyy late.

Back
Top Bottom