• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

G-20 Accomplishment by Donald Trump and Xi Jinping

Doc91478

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The USA and China made an economic deal at the G-20 in Argentina. Tariffs have been suspended while the two countries try to work out new trade agreements. Although that’s important for the economic well-being of Americans, the leftist biased media has barely reported it.

The USA and China made an economic deal at the G-20 in Argentina. Tariffs have been suspended while the two countries try to work out new trade agreements. Although that’s important for the economic well-being of Americans, the leftist biased media has barely reported it.

Are you serious? They agree to suspend the tariffs that he put in place while seeing if they can negotiate something? So you're saying I need o worship him because they agreed to try to reach a deal?

The bar continually gets lowered for this idiot. Absolutely amazing. Are you worried that he will be upset if we don't give him a participation trophy or something? Or maybe we should actually wait til he accomplishes something?

tRump unilaterally imposed those tariffs, those barriers to free trade
and then, after rocking the economy, he agreed to rescind those same tariffs and we are supposed to applaud?
that tRump shot himself in the foot does not cause him to be a victim

Are you serious? They agree to suspend the tariffs that he put in place while seeing if they can negotiate something? So you're saying I need o worship him because they agreed to try to reach a deal?

The bar continually gets lowered for this idiot. Absolutely amazing. Are you worried that he will be upset if we don't give him a participation trophy or something? Or maybe we should actually wait til he accomplishes something?

Where in his post does it say that you have to worship him?

Seriously, you hate Trump so much that you can't even read things straight anymore.

Um, a deal has yet to be reached, so there is nothing to report until that happens.

Seriously, you hate Trump so much that you can't even read things straight anymore.

You're smart enough to know what hyperbole is. I'm not sure why you are acting as though I really honestly thought that he wants me to bow down and prostrate myself in Trumps greatness 3x daily. I think you should question your own ability to read things straight if you think that "worship" wasn't an obvious example of hyperbole.

I'd appreciate it if you'd respond to my statement rather than to attack me for what was so obviously an exaggeration to highlight the absurdity of what was being asked.

Red:
Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Even the unabashedly left-leaning Huffington Post carried two stories about it:
Vox too has reported it, and not merely by picking-up and running a news service story, but in an article penned by one of their own reporters: The US and China reach a compromise — but the trade standoff is far from over.

The Daily Kos has nearly a Google-search-results page's worth of articles about it.

I don't know, OP-er, whether you lean liberal or conservative, but your "red" remark suggests you put precious little effort into to observing so much as the most basic elements and phenomena of the world in which you live, not so much as gathering even simple facts to confirm your notions before you deign to share and expound upon them.

Last edited:
It is pretty much done but out of respect for President Bush, everything is on hold.

Yes and the negotiations will continue as Trump has appointed a spokesman for the deal after honoring the passing of George H W Bush who was a great human being.

Um, a deal has yet to be reached, so there is nothing to report until that happens.

Given the avoidance by China over the past months to even negotiating, most people will see this as a significant agreement.

Given the avoidance by China over the past months to even negotiating, most people will see this as a significant agreement.

Time will tell what comes out of these negotiations. I hope it will be good for the US.

Time will tell what comes out of these negotiations. I hope it will be good for the US.

Yes. Time will tell.

I said in another thread, it's up to China now.

Yes and the negotiations will continue as Trump has appointed a spokesman for the deal after honoring the passing of George H W Bush who was a great human being.

No I am serious. China is eliminating auto tariffs this week. Didn't you read Trump's tweet last night. or Secretary Mnuchin's press conference?

No I am serious. China is eliminating auto tariffs this week. Didn't you read Trump's tweet last night. or Secretary Mnuchin's press conference?

Does not mean it is a done deal since negotiations are on going.

Red:

Vox too has reported it, and not merely by picking-up and running a news service story, but in an article penned by one of their own reporters: The US and China reach a compromise — but the trade standoff is far from over.

The Daily Kos has nearly a Google-search-results page's worth of articles about it.

I don't know, OP-er, whether you lean liberal or conservative, but your "red" remark suggests you put precious little effort into to observing so much as the most basic elements and phenomena of the world in which you live, not so much as gathering even simple facts to confirm your notions before you deign to share and expound upon them.

~~~~~~
Meanwhile, the Slimes, WAPO, and the Communist News Network failed to acknowledge the agreement at all.

I don't understand what all the argument is in this thread:

It says the US tariffs on Chinese goods will remain unchanged for 90 days, but warns: "If at the end of this period of time, the parties are unable to reach an agreement, the 10 percent tariffs will be raised to 25 percent."
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46413196

So Trump's current tariffs have not been suspended, just his threat to increase tariffs to 25% has been suspended for 90 days.

Meanwhile:

China will buy a "very substantial" amount of agricultural, industrial and energy products, the US says. Meanwhile, Beijing says the two sides agreed to open up their markets.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46413196

If China does not keep it's side and make substantial changes...the tariffs go up. :shrug:

Red:

~~~~~~
Meanwhile, the Slimes, WAPO, and the Communist News Network failed to acknowledge the agreement at all.
Red:
Doc91478, I am the wrong person to reply to when you lack portfolio and are too indolent to develop it. That's all the more so when/if you don't bother to read the linked content associated with my posts.
I have no idea what the "Slimes" and "Communist News Network" is; however, I suggest you use some search engine to determine whether they covered the story. Alternatively, if "Slimes" and "Communist News Network" be epithets you've opted puerilely to use, try, as do mature adults, writing the actual names of the organizations you had in mind.

You're smart enough to know what hyperbole is. I'm not sure why you are acting as though I really honestly thought that he wants me to bow down and prostrate myself in Trumps greatness 3x daily. I think you should question your own ability to read things straight if you think that "worship" wasn't an obvious example of hyperbole.

I'd appreciate it if you'd respond to my statement rather than to attack me for what was so obviously an exaggeration to highlight the absurdity of what was being asked.
What are you even talking about?

You mean respond to this silliness: "Are you worried that he will be upset if we don't give him a participation trophy or something? Or maybe we should actually wait til he accomplishes something? "

You didn't have a serious question in your entire post... and being called on the over the top blatant hyperbole as even you yourself describe it...

He, 'Stang, nailed it ...and he nailed YOU.

You didn't have a serious question in your entire post...

I didnt have a serious question because i didnt require any. I made statements and presented valid points. I didnt need questions to demonstrate why the OPs post was nonsense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Have you ever seen any other the other threads the OP has made?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he thinks the sun rises because Dear Leader Trump orders it too.

While the “Deep State” tries to undermine his majesty of course :roll:

I didnt have a serious question because i didnt require any. I made statements and presented valid points. I didnt need questions to demonstrate why the OPs post was nonsense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
All your statements were based on simple hatred of Trump, just as Stang clearly pointed out.

There was nothing of substance to respond to substantively. Yano? No, I admit you conclusively show that you do not know.

All your statements were based on simple hatred of Trump, just as Stang clearly pointed out.

There was nothing of substance to respond to substantively. Yano? No, I admit you conclusively show that you do not know.

Saying it again and again doesn't make it true. My point still stands. You (and Stang unless he changed his opinion) are attacking me over obvious hyperbole. If that's what you want to hang your hat on and say I "got nailed" then be my guest. I'm fully aware that the reason you are attacking the hyperbole and not the point being made is that you are either unable or that it's simply too difficult for you to argue the actual point. I'd love for you to prove me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom