• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

future on war on terror

santini63

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I think that the war on terror is going to lead us back to a world war.
Here is what I see happening in the next 10-15 years.

Soon Israel will have a target Iran and take out any facilities that my be used to create nuclear weapons. I think President Bush would then aid and support this idea with US forces in order to rid more terror from that region. Problem will be that the rest of middle east will be angry with an attack against Iran and therefore attack Isreal and us forces through uncoventional means from countries such as Lybia, Syria, Lebanon, and any other unstable nation in the region.

Farther down the line I see that the term war against terrorism will be hijacked and used by other countries for their own agenda. Right now with the fighting that's happening in Kashmir region I think India would love a reason to attack Pakistan. I believe we would support India because we know that terrorists are supported and are coming from Pakistan.

I also believe that the us will attack north korea in order to stop or slow down the progress of their nuclear research. Troops have been pulled away from the DMZ and sent south of Seol in what I believe is to keep them from getting destroyed if north korea wants to retaliate.

There is also the possibility that China will attack Taiwan and invade. China is growning at a fast rate economically and will soon be as strong in the global sense as we are. China lacks resources the same as Japan did in the beginning of the 20th century. The army can only fight as long as they have the resources to do so. The German's learned this when they fought their way into the Soviet Union, at the Battle of the Bulge when their tanks were out of fuel.

I think that Bush and people who agree with him might believe that a large scale war is immenient. That's one of the reasons the war has started in the Middle East is to try and control the oil which is needed to sustain and win a war.

I would like to hear anyones oppinions on these issues.

I do not say these to encourage war and say the end of the world is near. This is just my educated guess as to were we are headed.

Back
Top Bottom